1. Spring Sale 10% Off @ LifeGivingStore.com Till June 10th With Coupon Code: SPRING2020
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Low Serum Cholesterol Level Among Patients With COVID-19 Infection

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by Mito, Mar 18, 2020.

1. RealNeat

RealNeat Member

how does one attain cypro.

2. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

Cyproheptadine

It's @haidut's company. Besides thyroid, it's a product I will have in my household forever.

3. RealNeat

RealNeat Member

@haidut how are things looking, in terms of inventory and supply of supps. Can I wait to order?

4. MatheusPN

MatheusPN Member

Peat suggested ACE inhibitors, especially Losartan, against covid. Cypro, aspirin, progesterone etc. Are nice alternatives

5. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

Thanks! I listened to that interview. The only new thing I heard in that is the Losartan. They have some at the mexican drugstore apparently, so that's good for everyone here if needed.

6. Murtaza

Murtaza Member

does anybody know what could be the reason if eggs, sugar and milk do not raise your cholesterol? i have been struggling with low cholesterol for sometime now

7. scoobydoo

scoobydoo Member

How old are you?

8. Murtaza

Murtaza Member

22. i dont take any thyroid meds.

9. scoobydoo

scoobydoo Member

What level is it at? I’m not yet convinced you should try to forcibly increase cholesterol especially if you are young
    I’m 21 with cholesterol that has fluctuated from 108-170 and is now hovering at 140
    Have noticed a tremendous difference between these numbers

10. Murtaza

Murtaza Member

my last three blood tests have been between 90-130. i honestly believe low cholesterol is more of an issue rather high cholesterol

11. scoobydoo

scoobydoo Member

It definitely is on the low side
    Do you have any symptoms that correlate with low cholesterol?

12. lampofred

lampofred Member

i'm trying to raise my cholesterol too and i have heard of many many people in recent years struggling with low cholesterol as opposed to high cholesterol. i think vitamin D might help by reducing lactate formation and sparing sugar. the cholesterol-producing enzyme is sugar-dependent.

13. Murtaza

Murtaza Member

yes. i fatigue pretty easily for my age. i used to suffer from severe social anxiety that i would also attribute to having low cholesterol although that has been pretty much remedied with cypro. mood changes and hopelessness are some other things i suffer from too.

14. scoobydoo

scoobydoo Member

Ok mood issues definitely can be caused from low cholesterol
    When my cholesterol was highest I was doing a lower carb diet with lots of saturated fat in the morning and refeed of carbs in evening after working out
    However this also lowered my thyroid
    I would look at different pathways regarding the production of cholesterol and see if anything clicks
    I know my practitioner seems to think mine is related to the mold illness I have been dealing with but I don’t honestly understand the science behind why

15. Marcine

Marcine Member

Blissfully retired
    I see that you think it's a good idea to advocate for Saladino but then more idiots will go on the Carnivore diet and get worse. I watched his rise in the Carnivore scene as his marketing ploy and I think it's odd that a Peat guy would give him any credence. Sorry but you give extraordinary insight in your articles so I don't get how he fits.

16. Hans

Hans Member

I actually approve of the carnivore diet. If someone eats muscle meat, organ meat, seafood, milk and honey they'll be eating a very nutrition diet low in toxins (given that they don't react negatively to the milk or seafood ofc.). I personally like a modified carnivore diet, where you include fruit as well.
    Paul does good and in-depth research about a lot of things and I do agree with him on things. His content is easy to understand and helpful. Should we discard his knowledge just because he's low carb?

17. Auslander

Auslander Member

Seems to me that when cholesterol is portrayed in here in a negative light - and it does happen, you mostly hear people here argue that dietary cholesterol does not the affect serum cholesterol, that it’s a big myth.

When cholesterol is praised, everybody’s going on about egg yolks.

You can’t really have it both ways, can you?

18. Auslander

Auslander Member

Btw, doesn’t this study merely say that the cholesterol levels in patients went sharply down over the course of infection?

Rather than the patients having had low cholesterol baseline levels to begin with...as in low cholesterol being indicative of a Covid19 predisposition, as the discussion here indicates.

It’s not exactly the same thing. But maybe i’m misunderstanding the results.

19. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

That’s how I understood it too.

20. haidut

haidut Member

As long as USPS/FedEx/UPS are open and there is no mandatory "house arrest" we will be shipping as usual. I'd say if the postal service stops working then we'd know for sure s**t has hit the fan and it is probably time to head for the woods.