Israeli drug prevents 100% of COVID patients from deteriorating in trial

agnostic

All 18 COVID-19 patients hospitalized with moderate or severe symptoms who were administered the drug Amor-18 developed by Israeli biotech company Amorphical in a phase II clinical trial recovered and were discharged in a few days, the company announced Wednesday. Of the 19 individuals who were given a placebo, six had to be transferred to intensive care, and two died.

The trial was conducted at the Ziv Medical Center in Safed and led by the directors of the coronavirus department, Dr. Kamal Abu Jabal and Dr. Nashat Abu Saleh. As part of compassionate care, two other patients in a very serious condition were given the drug and they both recovered and were discharged.

“Since the patients treated with the drug recovered within a few days and were released to their home, this was 100% successful,” Abu Saleh said.

Amor-18, which uses Amorphous Calcium Carbonate (ACC) as the main ingredient, was administered orally or by inhalation. As explained by the company, ACC has the ability to modulate acidic pH changes around each cell. These changes affect the capability of the coronavirus to penetrate the cells and replicate. This allows the drug to prevent the virus from spreading and therefore the patients from deteriorating.

“We are excited about the results of the clinical trial, which bring real hope to corona patients in Israel and around the world, and are especially encouraging these days with the start of the fifth wave and the Omicron variant,” said Amorphical CEO Yossi Ben.

“The drug we have developed is anti-inflammatory, safe and effective and it is easy to use,” he also said, adding that Amor-18 will work against the entire SARS virus family, including all COVID variants.

A larger trial is already being conducted at the Ziv, Shamir, Kaplan and Maayan Hayeshua medical centers in Israel. In the near future, the drug is also going to be tested in other countries. Seven hospitals in Brazil have already announced they will participate, and other centers in Europe and the United States are expected to join soon.

I never heard of this drug before but it sounds very interesting. Here is a short video explaining its effects:

Peating Force

Can't wait for Pfizer to buy them and do a x500 on the price of each pill... or crash it since it goes against the quarterly vax scam.

Drareg

It’s basically calcium? If so it’s likely allowing vitamin D to be used for correctly instead of going the vitamin D1 route, it probably also lowers PTH and fatty acid synthase along with all the other benefits of calcium.
Many nations are deficient in calcium intake, we need 2g per day, we hear about vitamin D deficiency all the time but little about calcium, it’s a chronic issue.

area51puy

Forum Supporter
So what is the difference between Amorphous Calcium Carbonate and regular calcium carbonate.
Several organisms have developed methods to stabilize ACC by using specialized proteins for various purposes. The function of ACC in these species is inferred to be for the storage/transport of materials for biomineralization or enhancement of physical properties, but the validity of such inferences has yet to be determined. Earthworms, some bivalves species, and some gastropods species are known to produce very stable ACC.[2][9]ACC is widely used by crustaceans to stiffen the exoskeleton as well as to store calcium in gastrolithsduring the molt cycle. Here, the benefit of utilizing ACC may not be for physical strength, but for its periodic need of the exoskeleton to be dissolved for molting.[2] Sea urchins and their larvae utilize the transient form of ACC when forming spicules. The new material, a hydrated form of ACC, for the spicule is transported and deposited at the outer edges of the spicule. Then the deposited material, ACC·H2O, rapidly dehydrates to ACC. Following the dehydration, within 24 hours, all of the ACC will have transformed into calcite.[10]

K

Kaur Singh

So what is the difference between Amorphous Calcium Carbonate and regular calcium carbonate.
Several organisms have developed methods to stabilize ACC by using specialized proteins for various purposes. The function of ACC in these species is inferred to be for the storage/transport of materials for biomineralization or enhancement of physical properties, but the validity of such inferences has yet to be determined. Earthworms, some bivalves species, and some gastropods species are known to produce very stable ACC.[2][9]ACC is widely used by crustaceans to stiffen the exoskeleton as well as to store calcium in gastrolithsduring the molt cycle. Here, the benefit of utilizing ACC may not be for physical strength, but for its periodic need of the exoskeleton to be dissolved for molting.[2] Sea urchins and their larvae utilize the transient form of ACC when forming spicules. The new material, a hydrated form of ACC, for the spicule is transported and deposited at the outer edges of the spicule. Then the deposited material, ACC·H2O, rapidly dehydrates to ACC. Following the dehydration, within 24 hours, all of the ACC will have transformed into calcite.[10]

'molt cycle' caught my eye - because when speaking about prolactin in one of them interviews, Ray mentions how prolactin is related to molting in animals, and goes on to say that it does a whole lot more in the body than just prepare women for lactation.

anyways, from the wikipage you quoted from, there was this link too:

(google translate)

it mentions a study on hypothyroidism.
I saw one on hypoparathyroidism

The starting article on this thread, the one from Jpost, mentions 'other ingredients'
I wonder what those are...
the mode of administration in the covid studies uses a specific technology, with an inhalator or diffuser or...

the supplement itself has the usual crappy excipients.
And pretty pricey....

I wonder if, you know, just drinking milk and the liquid of long cooked greens daily gets you where this does too...

area51puy

Forum Supporter
'molt cycle' caught my eye - because when speaking about prolactin in one of them interviews, Ray mentions how prolactin is related to molting in animals, and goes on to say that it does a whole lot more in the body than just prepare women for lactation.

anyways, from the wikipage you quoted from, there was this link too:

(google translate)

it mentions a study on hypothyroidism.
I saw one on hypoparathyroidism

The starting article on this thread, the one from Jpost, mentions 'other ingredients'
I wonder what those are...
the mode of administration in the covid studies uses a specific technology, with an inhalator or diffuser or...

the supplement itself has the usual crappy excipients.
And pretty pricey....

I wonder if, you know, just drinking milk and the liquid of long cooked greens daily gets you where this does too...
@haidut thoughts?

Drareg

This is interesting, knowing the desire of depopulation fanatics it wouldn’t surprise if this form of calcium deposits in the arteries more so than calcium carbonate.

area51puy

Forum Supporter
This is interesting, knowing the desire of depopulation fanatics it wouldn’t surprise if this form of calcium deposits in the arteries more so than calcium carbonate.

Ther could be something to it. biofilms have been link to heart disease and these studies show amorphous calcium carbonate associated with biofilm formation in caves and hot springs. Which help increase calcification of the arteries.

Or maybe the biofilms are stealing this form of calcium that is needed in the certain amounts in the body that is needed for cellular metabolism.

Totally speculating.

But if it is more the latter they probably took amorphous calcium carbonate and attached a molecule to it so they could patented it.

area51puy

Forum Supporter

The inhibition of human bladder cancer growth by calcium carbonate/CaIP6 nanocomposite particles delivering AIB1 siRNA​

Jinhuan Wei, Tuckyun Cheang, Bing Tang, Haoming Xia, Zhouhao Xing, Zhenhua Chen, Yong Fang, Wei Chen, Anwu Xu, Shenming Wang, Junhang Luo
Biomaterials 34 (4), 1246-1254, 2013
Previously, we reported that inorganic amorphous calcium carbonate (ACC) hybrid nanospheres functionalized with Ca(II)-IP6 compound (CaIP6) is a promising gene vector in vitro. Here, nonviral gene carrier, ACC/CaIP6 nanocomposite particles (NPACC/CaIP6), was evaluated for efficient in vitroand in vivo delivery of small interfering RNA (siRNA) targeting human Amplified in breast cancer 1 (AIB1). The nanoparticle is capable of forming ACC/CaIP6 nanoparticle-siRNA complexes and transferring siRNA into targeted cells with high transfection efficiency. Meanwhile the ACC/CaIP6 nanoparticle-siRNA complexes have no obvious cytotoxicity for human bladder cancer T24 cells. Furthermore, NPACC/CaIP6 effectively protected the encapsulated siRNA from degradation, AIB1 knockdown mediated by ACC/CaIP6/siRNA complexes transfection resulted in cells proliferation inhibition, apoptosis induction and cell cycle arrest in vitro. NPACC/CaIP6 exhibited well tissues penetrability in localized siRNA delivering, intratumoral injection of NPACC/CaIP6/siAIB1 could attenuate tumor growth and downregulation of PI3K/Akt signaling pathway in vivo. We conclude that ACC/CaIP6 nanoparticle is a promising system for effective delivery of siRNA for cancer gene therapy.

Grapelander

Looks too safe for the US market.

Raising Ph around each cell in the lungs can be done with negative ionizer:
Negative Ions Protect the Body’s Immune System Against Coronavirus
Negative ions boost a person’s immunity to viruses by alkalizing (increasing pH level) the body. Thus, viruses cannot multiply in an alkaline environment.
…maintaining an alkaline body will reduce inflammation, revitalize cells, and increase the immunoglobulin that strengthens the immune system.
The coronavirus infects cells that have low pH levels. For example, the virus “is quite stable at pH 6.0 (acidic) but rapidly and irreversibly inactivated by brief treatment at pH 8.0 (alkaline).

area51puy

Forum Supporter

ABSTRACT
In assessing the relationship between calcium supplementation and maintaining bone mass or reducing the risk of fracture, the effectiveness of calcium supplementation has never been deci- sive. Freshwater crayfish rely on amorphous calcium carbonate (ACC), an instable polymorph of calcium carbonate, as the main mineral in the exoskeleton and in the temporary storage organ, the gastrolith. Inspired by the crayfish model, we have previously shown an increase in calcium bioavailability in rats administered with synthe- tic stable ACC vs. crystalline calcium carbonate (CCC). The current study compared the effects of amorphous calcium derived from either gas- trolith or synthetic ACC with those of crystalline calcium, found in commercial CCC or calcium- citrate supplements, in a bone loss prevention model. Rats were subjected to either sham or ovariectomy (OVX) operation (n~20/ group) fol- lowed by administration of food pellets supple- mented with 0.5% calcium from either source over 12 weeks. Micro-computed tomography (μCT) and histomorphometric analyses revealed bone loss prevention by both gastrolith and ACC treatments, manifested by an increase in mor- phometric bone parameters, compared to both
*This study was supported in part by grants from the office of the Chief Scientist of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Israel (grants # 46024 and 42128) and Amorphical Ltd.
CCC- and calcium citrate-treated groups. Both gastrolith and ACC treatments resulted in bone formation in the tibia cancellous bone, indicated by dynamic histomorphometry parameters, com- pared to either the CCC or calcium citrate treat- ments. Levels of urine deoxypyridinoline (DPD), suggested an anti-resorptive effect of ACC, which was also the only treatment that led to a sig- nificant increase in vertebral mechanical strength, as supported by μCT analysis of topology and orientation parameters of the vertebral trabecu- lae.
To our knowledge, such levels of bone loss prevention by calcium supplements have never been reported. These findings thus suggest the potential of both natural (crayfish gastrolith) and, to a greater extent, synthetic ACC sources for the prevention of metabolic bone disorders and possibly of osteoporotic processes.
Copyright © 2013 SciRes.
Toughness (E to UL / Tot BV) Ultimate force (N)
Energy to Yield (mJ)
Energy to UL, (mJ)
Vertebra Femur

K

Kaur Singh

@area51puy

where are the studies that compare it with calcium consumption through the normal means, i.e. eating food?
is what I wonder

Makrosky

It’s basically calcium? If so it’s likely allowing vitamin D to be used for correctly instead of going the vitamin D1 route, it probably also lowers PTH and fatty acid synthase along with all the other benefits of calcium.
Many nations are deficient in calcium intake, we need 2g per day, we hear about vitamin D deficiency all the time but little about calcium, it’s a chronic issue.
I normally don't react well to vit D supplementation. Tried it in many different ways. Max 4000IU D3 (not a lot really) and still far from ideal. I also supplement a bit of calcium carbonate with it (around 300mg). Your message is the first time I can find an explanation on why supplementing D3 can cause problems : Thr D1 route you mention. Do you have more info about it? Why is D1 bad? Any info would be much appreciated as, as I said, I could never find ay explanation on why supplementing D3 could cause issues.

Drareg

I normally don't react well to vit D supplementation. Tried it in many different ways. Max 4000IU D3 (not a lot really) and still far from ideal. I also supplement a bit of calcium carbonate with it (around 300mg). Your message is the first time I can find an explanation on why supplementing D3 can cause problems : Thr D1 route you mention. Do you have more info about it? Why is D1 bad? Any info would be much appreciated as, as I said, I could never find ay explanation on why supplementing D3 could cause issues.

Peat spoke about D1 in a podcast with the Australian lady, I can’t think of her name right now, someone might chime in? He also discusses with DR and haidut.

300mg is too low, you need a minimum of 2g, some are even saying Peat said there is no upper limit to calcium.

Is it a migraine like reaction from it?

Makrosky

Peat spoke about D1 in a podcast with the Australian lady, I can’t think of her name right now, someone might chime in? He also discusses with DR and haidut.

300mg is too low, you need a minimum of 2g, some are even saying Peat said there is no upper limit to calcium.

Is it a migraine like reaction from it?
Nope. It works very well for almost everything except it lowers physical stamina a lot. And it is not via lowering stress hormones. Changed brands, oral/topical even tried the pharmaceutical version you take 1xmonth (it has lots of IUs). All the same. I asked Ray once and he said to accompany the d3 with some calcium. But then you enter kind of a dangerous territory because you are "doubling". That's why I tried to keep it low. I eat dairy daily so I guess I am not super low in calcium.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals