Low Serum Cholesterol Level Among Patients With COVID-19 Infection

haidut

Forum Supporter
Btw, doesn’t this study merely say that the cholesterol levels in patients went sharply down over the course of infection?

Rather than the patients having had low cholesterol baseline levels to begin with...as in low cholesterol being indicative of a Covid19 predisposition, as the discussion here indicates.

It’s not exactly the same thing. But maybe i’m misunderstanding the results.

Yes, but there are studies that have found direct protective effects of cholesterol against viruses. So, putting these findings together suggests the low cholesterol contributes to the infection and its course.
Low Serum Cholesterol Level Among Patients With COVID-19 Infection

Giraffe

There are studies that link low cholesterol to air pollution. And according to the study in the original post the patients who have been to Wuhan (called primary infection cases in the study) had lower cholesterol levels than those who have never been there (called secondary infection cases). Wuhan is a very polluted area.

Auslander

There are studies that link low cholesterol to air pollution. And according to the study in the original post the patients who have been to Wuhan (called primary infection cases in the study) had lower cholesterol levels than those who have never been there (called secondary infection cases). Wuhan is a very polluted area.

So living in a toxic polluted shythole and taking dietary advice from Dr. Grieger achieves strikingly similar blood test results....hmmm interesting

haidut

Forum Supporter
I’m basically ready to go off the grid now (yesterday would be even better)!

Maybe this event will be the final compelling reason for many Peatarians to adopt Peat's lifestyle - live in a wooded, mountainous area, where he spends his days farming, painting, and interacting with a small group of trusted individuals.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Maybe this event will be the final compelling reason for many Peatarians to adopt Peat's lifestyle - live in a wooded, mountainous area, where he spends his days farming, painting, and interacting with a small group of trusted individuals.

:pray

Marcine

I actually approve of the carnivore diet. If someone eats muscle meat, organ meat, seafood, milk and honey they'll be eating a very nutrition diet low in toxins (given that they don't react negatively to the milk or seafood ofc.). I personally like a modified carnivore diet, where you include fruit as well.
Paul does good and in-depth research about a lot of things and I do agree with him on things. His content is easy to understand and helpful. Should we discard his knowledge just because he's low carb?
As an older woman with too much iron after Carnivore As well as the issues with methionine, trpt, etc I just don't see how it can work but for young men like you I expect it's fine. It's just such a priveledged food template that I refuse to endorse it just based on that.

S.Seneff

Cholesterol Metabolism--Impact for SARS-CoV-2 Infection Prognosis, Entry, and Antiviral Therapies
Congwen Wei, View ORCID ProfileLuming Wan, Yanhong Zhang, Chen Fan, Qiulin Yan, Xiaoli Yang, Jing Gong, Huan Yang, Huilong Li, Jun Zhang, Zhe Zhang, Rong Wang, Xiaolin Wang, Jin Sun, Yulong Zong, Feng Yin, Qi Gao, Yuan Cao, Hui Zhong
doi: Cholesterol Metabolism--Impact for SARS-CoV-2 Infection Prognosis, Entry, and Antiviral Therapies
This article is a preprint and has not been certified by peer review [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical p
Abstract
Abstract The recently emerged pathogenic SARS-coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) has spread rapidly, leading to a global pandemic. Identification of risk factors for morbidity and cellular coreceptors for SARS-CoV-2 entry is thus urgently needed. In this study, we performed a retrospective study involving 861 patients with COVID-19 from a single-center classified as mild, moderate, severe or critical and found that SARS-CoV-2 infection was associated with clinically significant lower levels of cholesterol. The levels of both TC and HDL were inversely associated with the severity of SARS-CoV-2 infection. In addition, in patients with severe disease, a significant increase in the serum HDL level was correlated with good outcomes. We also showed that a clinically approved HDLR antagonist inhibited SARS-CoV-2 pseudovirus infection. Notably, SARS-2-S bound to cholesterol. Our results not only identify the HDL level as a prognostic marker for SARS-CoV-2 infection but also indicate a potential target for antiviral intervention.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals