Ray Peat Is Missing Teeth

Sheik

Ray has dentures, right? On the top at least.
There are a heck of a lot of very poor people in the world and none of them seem to make a mistake of that caliber. It requires a certain amount of poor judgment. There's no getting around it.
But what exactly is your point? "There's no getting around it."

It's easy to call someone else's mistake in retrospect "poor judgment". But answer me this: was it poor judgment at the time? What had he studied? What were his other options? What grade school class did he miss where they said "Don't eat a lot wheat germ"? I certainly never heard it. But I did hear a lot about how grains are healthy, and they were a very large part of my diet.

Not to mention this statement is absolutely ridiculous: "...none of them seem to make a mistake of that caliber."

zztr

This is like saying those people who turned themselves blue with colloidal silver didn't make a dumb mistake. "It seemed reasonable at the time!" is not much mitigation. People with their heads fully screwed on just don't make these errors.

We're not talking about a diet high in whole grains. We're talking about some strange self experiment that was obviously going badly but stuck to for some length of time.

Sheik

This is like saying those people who turned themselves blue with colloidal silver didn't make a dumb mistake. "It seemed reasonable at the time!" is not much mitigation. People with their heads fully screwed on just don't make these errors.

We're not talking about a diet high in whole grains. We're talking about some strange self experiment that was obviously going badly but stuck to for some length of time.
No, it's like asking if someone who tried to live off wheat germ in the 1950's should have known better. And then you making assumptions to back up your narrative and dodging questions, probably because you don't can't answer them.

Getting a Philips SonicBrush saved my teeth. It's really as simple as thorough brushing and flossing without irritating the gums too much.

i remember reading this and i was at the dentist yesterday and saw they had them for sale.. decided to buy one. never used an electric brush before, but this thing is boss mode... wish i had one way earlier.. i got the philips sonicare one. good tip, it even comes with a tongue brusher which is nice

REOSIRENS

Then don't treat Peat as an authority. He has explicitly stated that is not how he wants to be portrayed when people read his work.

Don't follow the nutritional advice of Peat, follow the nutritional advice of yourself, armed with thoughts, perceptions and actions. If something is working for you, great, if not, stop doing it.
Great lines!

Note

Ray also mentioned about quality of water.
His teeth are damaged due to experimental diets, but it can go much deeper than that :

"For human teeth to have a healthy oral environment, all parts of the toothmust develop during appropriate stages of fetal development. Primary (baby) teeth start to form between the sixth and eighth week of prenatal development, and permanent teeth begin to form in the twentieth week."

"Teeth begin developing in the fetus. Good nutrition from the mother during pregnancy is important in the development of the teeth."

I know people who were born with weak teeth or without even enamel.

DaveFoster

Do you use a specific type of floss or just the generic brand?
Just regular floss. I find the thicker floss to break more easily, but it also tends to clean better.

Xisca

Another way of ruining teeth... I discover each time more decay for a month, and I have had around 10 new decays in 1 year. The cause is obvious, I was super ill last year and had no strength to brush my teeth every day, and ate a lot of honey to survive!

I also got a lot of decays in the days I was convinced to eat fructose powder and fructose marmelades instead of regular sugar. And I was not the only one to notice the coincidence between the starting and stopping point of this food, and tooth decay. Near gums and where 2 teeth touch, in my case.

Hannah14

I've always been a tooth person so I'm throwing in my experience. After having no issues my entire life, I was in a terrible car accident with many injuries and then someone did something awful to me. I developed adrenal fatigue, high rT3 and periodontal disease. I was told gum disease was caused 100% by stress. I also used a periodontal rinse that stained my teeth brown.

I just started using a steroid inhaler for asthma and it is screwing with the microbe balance in my mouth in a bad way now too. I guess it was my fate to not enjoy my near perfect teeth for life.

Its taken a while but I refuse to stop smiling because of this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals