Question On Joovv Import To UK

Drei69

Hi, new member however I have been lurking for quite some time reading up on stuff.

I am pushing towards a Joovv Max Combo device due to angle and somewhat build quality. Looking at a full body solution so that I don't have to spend too much time covering the body. I would imagine with the Joovv Max I would only need 2 sessions, back and front as the sides should get some of the light due to 90 degrees.

Obvious choices are Joovv and RedLightMan. Would love the RedLightMan but really do want a full body solution.

Anyhow, my question is around the import taxes for the Joovv, has anyone had them shipped over to the UK? How long does it usually take, any idea how much the tax is (if you had it shipped would you be able to give out the export tax code used?), also in case of warranty do you know if we have to ship it over to the US at our own cost?

I did actually ask Joovv but the code they use doesn't quite match the HMRC codes, one was LEDS Devices the other Lamps of 300mm to 600mm. Both codes are open to interpretation as the codes don't match what we have here. The LEDs starts from 0% tax with the lamps going to %5+
HS FOR LED LIGHTS 8541.10.00.90
HS CODE 9405.40

From my experience, when you let the Government interpret something without making it easy for them, they will always mess it up.

Cheers,
Drei

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You can get a much better deal at www.LifeGivingStore.com. Same LED spectra, high quality, and great customer service.

OP
D

Drei69

You can get a much better deal at www.LifeGivingStore.com. Same LED spectra, high quality, and great customer service.

The BL17 looks the part but the size is just too small for full body no? I am trying to avoid multiple sessions, time is money hence why I don't mind paying more to be able to do just 15 20 minutes a day.

BL17: 36" x 8.5" --> Beam angle???
Combo Bodylight 2.0: 45" x 6.7" -- Beam angle 30deg
Joovv Max Combo: 53" x 16" --> Beam angle 90deg

The LifeGivingStore doesn't have a number nor address, no idea where they are based but will assume US?

Again same question, what export tax codes will they use and what happens if the device becomes faulty? Gotta send it back to US?

Zpol

Joovv Max Combo: 53" x 16" --> Beam angle 90deg

What is the importance of the 90deg angle?

I am also planning on buying one. Mainly to prevent delayed muscle soreness.

ddjd

Honestly if you don't just buy from alibaba where they're 25 % of the price for the exact same product, you're mad

OP
D

Drei69

What is the importance of the 90deg angle?

I am also planning on buying one. Mainly to prevent delayed muscle soreness.

Well it covers more of your body, so you do 1 full body front and a bit of the sides then 1 full back and a bit of the sides. 2 sessions pretty much head to toe depending on your height. Joovv covers 63" x 26", that is a 1.6 meters x 0.7 meters.

As much as I read on here how great are the other cheaper versions I can't see any specs for them, I might as well wrap my red 2000 LED Xmas lights around my body and I am done:))

You know that saying, you buy cheap you buy twice? In my experience I found out that it is true, hence my question on warranty for Joovv outside of the US.

I rather pay %50 as much for great customer service when/if things do go wrong.

Last edited:
OP
D

Drei69

Got any links?

Indeed. When I make a recommendation I like to provide as much details as I can so that the person can actually make an educated decision:)

Go buy that, its better, is not much help. Like saying, I want to buy a Mercedes, someone says, honestly I would buy a Ford for %50 of the money. Sure if you can get me a Ford that matches the Merc like for like, sign me up. You get my drift :)

OP
D

Drei69

My issue with Joovv for international buyer is that it will cost you an additional $500 for shipping and taxes. Shipping to UK is $325 plus the %5 tax on the lamp at $136.

If you ship it to a friend then he sends it to you as Gift, you talking around $200 shipping with DHL, no taxes as it will be 2nd hand or gift from a friend. But then what happens to the warranty.

Last edited:

Soren

Forum Supporter
You could also get the red light man full body combo light. More focused beam angle so standing further away gets more energy and full body coverage. If you were worried that it wasn't enough coverage you could buy 2 and it would still be half the price of joovv.

Or get 2 from the life giving store and it is even cheaper than red light man. Red Light Therapy Body Lights – Life Giving Store

OP
D

Drei69

You could also get the red light man full body combo light. More focused beam angle so standing further away gets more energy and full body coverage. If you were worried that it wasn't enough coverage you could buy 2 and it would still be half the price of joovv.

Or get 2 from the life giving store and it is even cheaper than red light man. Red Light Therapy Body Lights – Life Giving Store

I am definitely reconsidering the redlightman to joovv simply due to inconvenience with the J, however if Joovv had a EU presence I would probably go with them. The way I understand it, more angle more coverage no matter what the distance?
Beam-Angle-e1400854233261.jpg

RedLightMan has 4 different waves which means less coverage from them, you know that saying, jack of all trades master of none... the 620nm and 760nm no idea what it is needed for, seems the main ones if they really wanted to optimise it should be 670nm and 830nm or copy the joovv at 660and 850. Optimal range for RLM is 20cm, won't cover full body unless further away. For full body I would need 4 of them.

Life Giving Store may sell them cheaper but from what I have gathered they are coming from somewhere in China. Lack of contact details on website is setting off my Spider Senses:)

Last edited:
OP
D

Drei69

As an update to anyone considering Joovv. They will provide prepaid labels for returns at their own expense. So going around via a local contact or a redirecting company may be cheaper, if something goes wrong you would have to get the device back there I guess.

TripleOG

Lmao @ those prices.

Really feel for people who don't have time to learn the science behind light therapy. The way these companies prey on ignorance in a budding market is hilarious, as if they're purposely trying to see how ridiculous they can get before pushback. Can't knock the hustle but DAMN :lol:

faisman

Lmao @ those prices.

Really feel for people who don't have time to learn the science behind light therapy. The way these companies prey on ignorance in a budding market is hilarious, as if they're purposely trying to see how ridiculous they can get before pushback. Can't knock the hustle but DAMN :lol:
They are definitely overcharging, which is why I could never get myself to purchase. What would you recommend?

TripleOG

They are definitely overcharging, which is why I could never get myself to purchase. What would you recommend?

Do what everyone else is doing and source from Alibaba. Can find Joovv's entire old lineup for 1/4th the price with complete customization options, for example.

Another option is lining up 4-5 incandescent bulbs (clear or red filtered). Benefits of this is you get the full Red and NIR spectrum along with heat. Negatives is longer treatment times compared to high watt LEDs, and heat (if undesired). A youtube video I seen some time ago measured the 660nm wavelength of a clear BR40 incandescent at 2ft away. The irradiance was 13-15mW/cm2. Treatment times of 7-10mins/area will get you the coveted 6J/cm2. That's just for 66nm. Longer wavelengths up to mid-900nm will increase in irradience, resulting in higher J/cm2 at their respective depths.

faisman

Do what everyone else is doing and source from Alibaba. Can find Joovv's entire old lineup for 1/4th the price with complete customization options, for example.

Another option is lining up 4-5 incandescent bulbs (clear or red filtered). Benefits of this is you get the full Red and NIR spectrum along with heat. Negatives is longer treatment times compared to high watt LEDs, and heat (if undesired). A youtube video I seen some time ago measured the 660nm wavelength of a clear BR40 incandescent at 2ft away. The irradiance was 13-15mW/cm2. Treatment times of 7-10mins/area will get you the coveted 6J/cm2. That's just for 66nm. Longer wavelengths up to mid-900nm will increase in irradience, resulting in higher J/cm2 at their respective depths.
Yeah I've considered Alibaba but I've never used it before so I just don't feel 100% about it. Have you tried ordering from there?

Joe C

Interesting discussion. I think it's worth mentioning that the Joovv devices are FDA class 2 cleared, which is an expensive process. They are definitely expensive, but I'm not sure comparing them to other devices is necessarily fair. They are offering something of guarenteed quality which is desperately needed in the current market. They're also pushing money into research - so I'm pretty sure they're not just in it to make a buck.

Then again, I see life giving store around on the forum and they also seem to be focused on good quality and integrity. Anyone done any testing on their devices to see if the power output is as described?

Some people are happy buying a few bits from amazon and putting something together...others want something a bit more official. Personally I'm leaning towards the Joovv because I want that security. I'll be using it on my hashimoto's and maybe in the future with clients.

How did you get on @Drei69 ?

TripleOG

Yeah I've considered Alibaba but I've never used it before so I just don't feel 100% about it. Have you tried ordering from there?

I've contacted a few suppliers but fell back after becoming much more interesting in DIY options. Better QC, too. May eventual use them for custom LED chips, though.

aquaman

Anyone buying from outside the EU, you WILL get hit with customs duties, VAT and a customs handling charge. Unless the seller lies on the shipping label which is a crime. They can still open packages and check invoices or look up the product too if they suspect the value has been wrongly listed on the item.

I bought a high ticket item ($600) from the US from a small seller which was just sent in a brown cardboard box, and ended up paying around 30% extra in charges (20% VAT, plus duty, plus handling charge), before the item was released to me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals