Public Utility: Searching For Something Specific On A Colossal Thread

Amazoniac

Since there are many threads with multiple pages, people (understandably) are discouraged to read each one of them to find something so specific that even if you read each post there, you might distract for a fraction of time and miss what you were looking for.
Threads are getting clogged with repetitive and ignored questions, the numbers of pages are increasing, and members are getting more discouraged.

There's a simple way to solve that; I already suggested this on the email depository discussion thread but guess what: swallowed.

Just google the terms that you want followed by site:-the original thread address here-
- For the terms, use unusual and very specific keywords or quoted passages, otherwise many irrelevant results appear.
- For the address, use the original thread page; it must be the parent one, the others are derivatives. If you need to find something on a page, use ctrl+f that it's much better and faster (on some tablets you just type on the address bar the terms and an option to search for the term appears).

Example:
clear site:https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/red-light-therapy-lights-supplemental-lighting.9210
or tint, recommend, interview, etc. And expand the results, otherwise only a few appear.

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Oh, one more thing before this goes to our dungeons. At least for me, searching the core of the word seems better; leaving out conjugation, suffix, plural, etc; it often yields more results. Instead of tinted, tint; unconditionally, condition; and so on..
Whenever I'm searching for something, I usually play a game of having to find the result with just one attempt and with the least number of terms possible. It's a nice exercise..

Goodbye thread. :wavingyellow
<releasing a white dove in slow motion>

Last edited:

Makrosky

Camera 1 : This thread just falling down from the edge of a very high cliff.... below... the darkness....
Camera 2 : Someone runs towards the cliff... Quick! One last jump. Half of his body is also out in the edge of the cliff.. and.... BANG! he catches the thread.

1109928-hand-grabbing-another-hand.jpg

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

When you're logged in, the forum engine substitutes on the Portal (used to be dearly known as Home) the link of the main page of a thread for the link of your last activity on it. So, if you don't want to check if the link is right every time, it's faster to obtain the address by copying it from the date that the thread was opened; right beside the author..

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

One alternative, since Google and the search engine of the forum for some reason have been failing, is to select the option to print the thread and use the search tool from the browser. The number of pages is so drastically reduced that it's quite practical to use it.
@charlie zord, I don't know if there's a limit to which the server can handle but perhaps trying to include more post for each page (print version) would facilitate even more..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals