Votes: 1 16.7%
  • medicine

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • advises

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hyyugge

Hi, i'm french guy, 23 years.
I discovered and applied Peat's work/recommendation 10 month ago.
I received my blood result test this morning and i'm very surprised about how my prolactin is specifically high ! 29 ng/l
More about my context : no stressful lifestyle > living near to ocean, forest. Independant worker. One of my problem...bodybuilding addict (no steroids) high frequency and intensity training. I understand gradually than i really need to slow down.

What i planned (in addition to fundamentals > sleep, light, nutrition, etc) to decrease my prolactin (29 ng/l) + TSH (3,39 MUi/l + PTH (47 pg/ml) :
- try to decrease estrogen (ray salad, vit E, liver one ounce a day, mushroom, cyproheptadin ??, increase liver performance > niacinamide, glycine, cafein, K2 MK4)
- phosphore / calcium balance
- low endotoxin, etc.
- red light, magnesium in order to increase Vit D

Do you see more ? Do you see anythink else annoying on the test ?

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-01-20 à 19.25.17.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-01-20 à 19.25.17.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Capture d’écran 2020-01-20 à 19.25.40.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-01-20 à 19.25.40.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Capture d’écran 2020-01-20 à 19.26.16.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-01-20 à 19.26.16.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Capture d’écran 2020-01-20 à 19.26.58.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-01-20 à 19.26.58.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Capture d’écran 2020-01-20 à 19.27.14.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-01-20 à 19.27.14.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 102

boris

High TSH and prolactin could point to hypothyroidism. Healthy TSH should be way below 2.

Ray Peat: "In hypothyroidism, thyrotropin-release hormone (TRH) is usually increased, increasing release of TSH. ... TRH stimulates prolactin release, and this can interfere with progesterone synthesis, which in itself affects heart function."

Primary Hypothyroidism with Exceptionally High Prolactin—A Really Big Deal - ScienceDirect

Hyperprolactinemia in association with subclinical hypothyroidism

Thyroid medication or NDT could help. Did you test your basal temperature etc?

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Low vit D is a bit low. Around 50 is optimal.
Cholesterol is a little high with HDL normal and LDL a little high. I don't think cholesterol is an issue though.
But triglycerides are elevated which could indicate some form of insulin resistance.
PTH is in the normal range and could just be a result of your low vit D.
Thyroid might be a little suppressed, so I think upping vit D should help restore it.
You haven't tested you other thyroid hormone so we don't know you actual thyroid hormone levels or the conversion or so on.

Additionally, prolactin correlates with serotonin and serotonin is elevated due to overtraining, hyperventilation and low carbon dioxide. Low CO2 could just be due to low thyroid which goes back back to the vit D.

Normalizing thyroid should also bring cholesterol back in range.

What is your diet like btw?

lampofred

high calcium to phosphate ratio and vit D is important for lowering prolactin. salt, B6, zinc, and thyroid too.

OP
H

Hyyugge

High TSH and prolactin could point to hypothyroidism. Healthy TSH should be way below 2.

Ray Peat: "In hypothyroidism, thyrotropin-release hormone (TRH) is usually increased, increasing release of TSH. ... TRH stimulates prolactin release, and this can interfere with progesterone synthesis, which in itself affects heart function."

Primary Hypothyroidism with Exceptionally High Prolactin—A Really Big Deal - ScienceDirect

Hyperprolactinemia in association with subclinical hypothyroidism

Thyroid medication or NDT could help. Did you test your basal temperature etc?

Thanks for your answer ! Yes, i keep focusing regularly on my temperature and pulse. And it's quite good ! I talked with a friend of mine and we both think that many distorde points could be influence blood test like only 3 hours sleep before the test...

Indeed, NDT is very good reflexion track ! Thanks !!

OP
H

Hyyugge

Low vit D is a bit low. Around 50 is optimal.
Cholesterol is a little high with HDL normal and LDL a little high. I don't think cholesterol is an issue though.
But triglycerides are elevated which could indicate some form of insulin resistance.
PTH is in the normal range and could just be a result of your low vit D.
Thyroid might be a little suppressed, so I think upping vit D should help restore it.
You haven't tested you other thyroid hormone so we don't know you actual thyroid hormone levels or the conversion or so on.

Additionally, prolactin correlates with serotonin and serotonin is elevated due to overtraining, hyperventilation and low carbon dioxide. Low CO2 could just be due to low thyroid which goes back back to the vit D.

Normalizing thyroid should also bring cholesterol back in range.

What is your diet like btw?

I couldn't explain why my D is low... red light every day, exposure to the sun regularly, high cholesterol, good magnésium test...
Do you see more solutions to increase D ? (i don't think take D3 is good... may be UVB light ?)
I didn't observe any else form of insuline resistance except this triglycerides increased.

Serotonin... i see too much symptoms on me. Gonna start to reduce training

What do you think about bicarbonate + K2 to increase CO2 ?

And for my diet :
- 3500 kcal
600g carbs + 80g fat + 140 protein
carbs > potato, fruit juice, fruit cooked, honey, white rice, milk, etc.
fat > eggs, dairy, butter
protein > ratio calcium : phosphore ok , gelatin + glycin ok ; copper : fer ok
Cafein, salt, etc. ok

Thank you very much for your analyse ! :)

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks for your answer ! Yes, i keep focusing regularly on my temperature and pulse. And it's quite good ! I talked with a friend of mine and we both think that many distorde points could be influence blood test like only 3 hours sleep before the test...

Indeed, NDT is very good reflexion track ! Thanks !!
Stress could lead to a increase in temps and a decrease in TSH giving the illusion of a fast metabolism. I'm not saying this is what happened to you, but it's a possibility.

I couldn't explain why my D is low... red light every day, exposure to the sun regularly, high cholesterol, good magnésium test...
Do you see more solutions to increase D ? (i don't think take D3 is good... may be UVB light ?)
I didn't observe any else form of insuline resistance except this triglycerides increased.

Serotonin... i see too much symptoms on me. Gonna start to reduce training

What do you think about bicarbonate + K2 to increase CO2 ?

And for my diet :
- 3500 kcal
600g carbs + 80g fat + 140 protein
carbs > potato, fruit juice, fruit cooked, honey, white rice, milk, etc.
fat > eggs, dairy, butter
protein > ratio calcium : phosphore ok , gelatin + glycin ok ; copper : fer ok
Cafein, salt, etc. ok

Thank you very much for your analyse ! :)
The body can either not produce enough vit D because of low cholesterol in the skin, low T3 or just because the vit D is rapidly converted to its active form. How much calcium do you actually consume per day?

I think bicarbonate is a great way to increase CO2. If you want to support the electron transport chain for CO2 production, then K2, methylene blue, vit c, succinic acid and CoQ10 would be perfect.

Additionally I would add vit B1 as it can greatly increase glucose oxidation, lower lactate and increase CO2.

Additionally I would add vit B1 as it can greatly increase glucose oxidation, lower lactate and increase CO2.[/QUOTE] @Hans

I’m taking thiamine mononitrate right now and it’s alright but I think hcl works better for me personally.

OP
H

Hyyugge

Additionally I would add vit B1 as it can greatly increase glucose oxidation, lower lactate and increase CO2.
@Hans

I’m taking thiamine mononitrate right now and it’s alright but I think hcl works better for me personally.[/QUOTE]

Thanks ! What do you mean by HCL ? Think it's an acronym, but in french... hard to find ^^

OP
H

Hyyugge

Stress could lead to a increase in temps and a decrease in TSH giving the illusion of a fast metabolism. I'm not saying this is what happened to you, but it's a possibility.

The body can either not produce enough vit D because of low cholesterol in the skin, low T3 or just because the vit D is rapidly converted to its active form. How much calcium do you actually consume per day?

I think bicarbonate is a great way to increase CO2. If you want to support the electron transport chain for CO2 production, then K2, methylene blue, vit c, succinic acid and CoQ10 would be perfect.

Hi Hans, thanks again !
I tracked my calcium yesterday > arround 2300mg, same for phosphorus (ratio 1:1)
Do you think is it enough (for 3600 kcal), or may be add eggshell ?
I’ m getting True K2 from ‘Health Natura’. My thiamin consume is little bit low : 2mg per day. Supplement should be interesting ? (My thiamin essentially come from white bread...)

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans

I’m taking thiamine mononitrate right now and it’s alright but I think hcl works better for me personally.[/QUOTE]
Cool I'd only use the HCL myself and the allithiamine if it isn't working.
@Hyyugge the HCL form is just the regular plain thiamine you get in the shop. At the back of the supplement, it should say thiamine HCL (hydrochloride) or thiamine mononitrate, etc.
Hi Hans, thanks again !
I tracked my calcium yesterday > arround 2300mg, same for phosphorus (ratio 1:1)
Do you think is it enough (for 3600 kcal), or may be add eggshell ?
I’ m getting True K2 from ‘Health Natura’. My thiamin consume is little bit low : 2mg per day. Supplement should be interesting ? (My thiamin essentially come from white bread...)
I think 2.3g of calcium is perfect. No need to increase it even more, but if you wanted to increase it, I think that would also be fine. Upping vitamin D should rather be the focus. If you're really struggling to get it up with sunlight, I'd definitely get a supplement. A combination of topical and oral seem to work better than just orally or just topically.
You can try 100mg thiamine two to three times per day and see if it helps. Biotin is also really important for glucose oxidation as well and people tend to get too little of it as well.
Any refined carbs like white bread, white rice or sugar rapidly use up thiamine, so getting enough is very important, either by cutting out the refined sources or just eating more B1 rich sources, which could be a little difficult.

OP
H

Hyyugge

@Hans

I’m taking thiamine mononitrate right now and it’s alright but I think hcl works better for me personally.
@Hyyugge the HCL form is just the regular plain thiamine you get in the shop. At the back of the supplement, it should say thiamine HCL (hydrochloride) or thiamine mononitrate, etc.

I think 2.3g of calcium is perfect. No need to increase it even more, but if you wanted to increase it, I think that would also be fine. Upping vitamin D should rather be the focus. If you're really struggling to get it up with sunlight, I'd definitely get a supplement. A combination of topical and oral seem to work better than just orally or just topically.
You can try 100mg thiamine two to three times per day and see if it helps. Biotin is also really important for glucose oxidation as well and people tend to get too little of it as well.
Any refined carbs like white bread, white rice or sugar rapidly use up thiamine, so getting enough is very important, either by cutting out the refined sources or just eating more B1 rich sources, which could be a little difficult.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting ! Thanks so much for all this details :D

Hans

Forum Supporter

Any refined carbs like white bread, white rice or sugar rapidly use up thiamine, so getting enough is very important, either by cutting out the refined sources or just eating more B1 rich sources, which could be a little difficult.

Very interesting ! Thanks so much for all this details :D[/QUOTE]
Sure man. I hope it helps.

Velve921

2 big things that could be considered:

1. In my experience, when embarking on peats work, the main area that I needed to I change was my frequency of training. I was going 6 days a week. Because I had high urination, 70x a day, I stopped training completely and that brought my urination down quickly. (In combination with the diet but the training is beyond notiaceable).

However, from barely working out in these past 6 years, I’ve put on over 30lbs of muscle. So be aware that from an anabolic aspect, there’s a good chance you will be able to put on muscle or maintain muscle with way less training. If you are living 6x a week as an example, I would try 3x a week, 15-45 minute sessions of your most bang for buck exercises combined with weight mobility. I currently use Gymnastic Bodies and I train 2-3x per week for 15 minutes.

Then diet is my training, the workouts are designed to fix joints and lengthen fascial.

2. I can’t tolerate any starch and many other people struggle as well due to endotoxin. Start paying close attention to how starch affects your body versus fruit, honey, cane sugar, milk, and any other types of sucrose you use. If a food makes you sluggish, then that’s feedback you should take into consideration.

OP
H

Hyyugge

2 big things that could be considered:

1. In my experience, when embarking on peats work, the main area that I needed to I change was my frequency of training. I was going 6 days a week. Because I had high urination, 70x a day, I stopped training completely and that brought my urination down quickly. (In combination with the diet but the training is beyond notiaceable).

However, from barely working out in these past 6 years, I’ve put on over 30lbs of muscle. So be aware that from an anabolic aspect, there’s a good chance you will be able to put on muscle or maintain muscle with way less training. If you are living 6x a week as an example, I would try 3x a week, 15-45 minute sessions of your most bang for buck exercises combined with weight mobility. I currently use Gymnastic Bodies and I train 2-3x per week for 15 minutes.

Then diet is my training, the workouts are designed to fix joints and lengthen fascial.

2. I can’t tolerate any starch and many other people struggle as well due to endotoxin. Start paying close attention to how starch affects your body versus fruit, honey, cane sugar, milk, and any other types of sucrose you use. If a food makes you sluggish, then that’s feedback you should take into consideration.

Hi ! Thanks for your answer. So comforting to hear guy’s experiences from this forum ;) Your feedback is definitely useful for me. From a long time, i’m aware that my training is innapropriate... but not changed any settings. Hard to accept to slow down, but necessarily, i have to. Going to apply your reccomendations ! Thanks again ;)

Velve921

Hi ! Thanks for your answer. So comforting to hear guy’s experiences from this forum ;) Your feedback is definitely useful for me. From a long time, i’m aware that my training is innapropriate... but not changed any settings. Hard to accept to slow down, but necessarily, i have to. Going to apply your reccomendations ! Thanks again ;)

Happy to be supportive my friend.

You ever have questions about training feel free to private message me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals