Post Your Experience OVER Doing Something That Seemed To Work At First

So so so often, something works great at X dosage...but I have overdone X and the U shaped curve hit, and I got horrible results.

Androsterone comes to mind.

Red light comes to mind. Too much causes ED for me that lasts a week or two.

Dr. Peat has said somewhere that it is very easy to overdo these androgens for men, and end up worse off. Couldn't agree more.

YourUniverse

Exercise! Been ripped half a dozen times in my life, each time by slashing carbs and working out a few times a day for short stints. A few years ago, that stopped working....

OP
ecstatichamster
Exercise! Been ripped half a dozen times in my life, each time by slashing carbs and working out a few times a day for short stints. A few years ago, that stopped working....

OMG yes. There is an absolute religion about "no pain no gain".

opethfeldt

Progesterone. Every time I start, it feels great. However, within a few days, I feel terrible. I've tried everything I could, such as DHEA and preg but it never seems to work long term. I wish I could find a way to make progesterone work for me. I actually feel bad for some of my past posts praising progesterone. I think we should all be careful about sharing experiences before we are sure whether something works long term.

bluewren

Progesterone. Every time I start, it feels great. However, within a few days, I feel terrible. I've tried everything I could, such as DHEA and preg but it never seems to work long term. I wish I could find a way to make progesterone work for me. I actually feel bad for some of my past posts praising progesterone. I think we should all be careful about sharing experiences before we are sure whether something works long term.
So true.

@opethfeldt how much progesterone were you taking and which brand? I was interested in trialing Progest-E and posted a recent thread about its effect on male users of it. Was your temperature already good before taking the progesterone?

Also, to answer the original question of the thread:

Recently, I was supplementing Vitamin A. I think I took too much though, as I had hypo symptoms soon after (chapped/dry lips is one of my tell tale signs), so I was likely taking too much. I've backed off it and decided to stick to eating liver weekly.

opethfeldt

@opethfeldt how much progesterone were you taking and which brand? I was interested in trialing Progest-E and posted a recent thread about its effect on male users of it. Was your temperature already good before taking the progesterone?

Also, to answer the original question of the thread:

Recently, I was supplementing Vitamin A. I think I took too much though, as I had hypo symptoms soon after (chapped/dry lips is one of my tell tale signs), so I was likely taking too much. I've backed off it and decided to stick to eating liver weekly.
I use Simply Progesterone from Health Natura. I've tried a bunch of doses. From 3mg on up to 40mg. Oddly, I actually had better results the first time I went crazy with the dosages than my second run with much more conservative doses. My temps are great. I'm in good health. It sucks. It seems as though as soon as progesterone builds up in my body, the problems arise. I know ecstatichampster said he finally figured out progesterone and I guess I'm just not at that point yet. I'm still going to keep it in the toolbox to use at a later time.

Runenight201

Sugar. When I first started Peating boy did I think I hit the Panacea. My first post here was about me feeling like I was on cocaine :) Now I realize that it's very easy for me to overdo it and then I get overexcited, start urinating frequently, and feel very off. This even happens from too much fruit consumption for me.

opethfeldt

Sugar. When I first started Peating boy did I think I hit the Panacea. My first post here was about me feeling like I was on cocaine :) Now I realize that it's very easy for me to overdo it and then I get overexcited, start urinating frequently, and feel very off. This even happens from too much fruit consumption for me.
At least you didn't get fat like me haha. I'm still trying to shed these "Peat pounds". But yes, it's easy to overdo sugar. Just because it's good for you doesn't mean you should overindulge.

OP
ecstatichamster
I use Simply Progesterone from Health Natura. I've tried a bunch of doses. From 3mg on up to 40mg. Oddly, I actually had better results the first time I went crazy with the dosages than my second run with much more conservative doses. My temps are great. I'm in good health. It sucks. It seems as though as soon as progesterone builds up in my body, the problems arise. I know ecstatichampster said he finally figured out progesterone and I guess I'm just not at that point yet. I'm still going to keep it in the toolbox to use at a later time.

I'm not sure I finally figured it out. I think the body is very dynamic. And that I got rid of enough PUFAs and restored digestive health to the point where I could have small amounts of DHEA, progesterone, and large amounts of pregnenolone, to good even great effect.

I think often we overdo things when we are not ready for them, among other reasons.

Runenight201

Haha believe me I had my moments when my weight was starting to trickle back on...but luckily my vanity was too much and so I realized something had to change.... actually it was more like I was gaining weight, but I still wasn't feeling good unless I was constantly sucking the sugar nipple, and reading golbuev's thread kinda woke me up to the fact that not even able to go one hour without having some sort of calorie source is just not sustainable.

Today was kind of an interesting case. I was compromised with out of home activities from 8am all the way until 1pm. This was a substantial amount of time to go without food for me, and by 11am I was definitely getting very cranky...however I refused to succumb to eating poisonous restaurant food (I even stood in line while my sister got chipotle), and by 12 I noticed that the hunger had completely faded and my mood stabilized. I was able to finish the activities I needed to do until I was able to get home and make some fat slices of delicious cheese, tomato, spinach, avocado toast. No doubt in that hour between 11 and 1 I was running on cortisol, and when I had looked at myself in the mirror all my bloat was gone and I was very lean with no stomach inflammation...actually was kinda cool. Anyways, I think it's normal to be able to switch to running on cortisol when necessary, and perhaps doing it every so often (perhaps not on purpose but when life gets in the way) is actually healthy. Probably just depends on how burnt out the stress hormone system is for any given individual, someone who relied on IF or caloric restriction for years might not be able to do that, but someone like me who was came from overeating and sugar dependence can probably benefit from that.

opethfeldt

I'm not sure I finally figured it out. I think the body is very dynamic. And that I got rid of enough PUFAs and restored digestive health to the point where I could have small amounts of DHEA, progesterone, and large amounts of pregnenolone, to good even great effect.

I think often we overdo things when we are not ready for them, among other reasons.
Yeah, I hear you. Sometimes I'll go through a period where something works and then it stops and I'm forced to try something else. I think the body just adapts to whatever you do. This makes it difficult to find equalibrium. I don't know if it's possible to find a regimen that will stay static forever. I guess it really comes down to "perceive, think, act".

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I wanted to use topical coconut oil so I blended it with magnesium oil to use as a moisturizer and ended up with too much adrenaline. Sometime later I used liquid coconut oil and after a few days had the same adrenaline reaction. Finally, the third and last time I used melted cocoa butter over a good portion of my body. Now I know that a little goes a long way.

Tarmander

Pregnenolone for sure.
Ice Cream back when I first started.
Phosphatidylcholine (Ugh)
Thyroid

to be honest I have probably overused almost every supplement I have tried just to see what the boundaries were on it so I could take it effectively.

Last edited:

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
to be honest I have probably overused almost supplement I have tried just to see what the boundaries were on it so I could take it effectively.

THIS.

Great thread btw @ecstatichamster

I would say the most obvious one was Tongkat Ali for me.

Acutely gave me an insane boost, but then after 3 days of consistent usage, all the positives died off.

Inaut

Magnesium carbonate/citrate. Loved it at first but paid for it through the as$... Literally.... Too much laxativity (did i just make a new word?)

Have switched to mag bicarbonate first thing in the morning with borax and msm and I’m feeling pretty pretty pretty pretty good (insert Larry David gif here)

Arnold Grape

Laundry list: aspirin; lysine; pregnenolone; prog/ Dhea; preg/ Dhea; riboflavin — more recently vitamin d3, although I am sure there are others. One of the more dramatic effects that I have experienced was from taking b2 (after reading the information in this link: B2 I love you!), which I must not have been supporting with essential cofactors. Off the bat, I felt a marked increase in energy, including surging in the gym and after working hours, when I would normally be kaput. Over time (possibly 2 months), I developed an inability to think clearly and had suicidal thoughts. I even switched brands, because I wanted to produce the initial effect, but to no avail. D3 had a similar effect, where I felt good for 1-2 months but then messed me up, despite trying to dial in the cofactors. (Magnesium, zinc, etc.)

theLaw

I suspect that most "overdoing" reactions are from lack of nutrition; primarily calories + macros. There's a caloric variable necessary to meet energetic requirements that I think goes beyond just macros + micros.

There might not be a practical way for most people to get those from optimal foods at the beginning, so without a re-feed, they have a bad reaction to supplements.

Interesting theory: Abdominal Fat Is A Phase Folliwing The End Of Calorie Restriction

D

danishispsychic

I went bananas on Progesterone, like it was a drug for me. It created tons of probs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals