Post Your Experience OVER Doing Something That Seemed To Work At First

Scenes

So so so often, something works great at X dosage...but I have overdone X and the U shaped curve hit, and I got horrible results.

Androsterone comes to mind.

Red light comes to mind. Too much causes ED for me that lasts a week or two.

Dr. Peat has said somewhere that it is very easy to overdo these androgens for men, and end up worse off. Couldn't agree more.

Old post I know but redlight consistently does the same for me. Heaps of benefits but the massive downside is ED.

Apparently it’s due to a lowering of stress hormones, which then uses up lots of vitamin A for hormone production. I’ve had some success by adding yellow fruits (bioavailable vitamin A) but I still feel very wary of redlight or any artificial light in general.

Sucks coz as I said, it otherwise has great benefits. I know we’re not the only ones who have found ED to be a side of redlight...would be great if anyone could offer something definitive in terms of how to counter it.

JenLN

Progesterone wound up makng me a bloated , emotionless blob with no libido

Max23

What did B1 do?

From 50mg of benfotiamine I got great mental effects, almost narcotic-like. I got significantly increased pleasure, curiosity, wanting to do things, mental abilities, motivation and so on. It increased energy, improved muscle function, breathing, walking. The first week was amazing. I started to increase the dosage up to 300mg (I took some cofactors as well) and the benefits faded. I got problems like increased tinnitus and oily facial skin. Every time I went to an air conditioned room I seemed to be getting sick, which later never happened as I dicontinued it. I still take it occasionally, but don´t dare to take it for a longer period of time.
Peat has also said that even dosages of 10mg can have those effects when there is a deficiency.

mouse

From 50mg of benfotiamine I got great mental effects, almost narcotic-like. I got significantly increased pleasure, curiosity, wanting to do things, mental abilities, motivation and so on. It increased energy, improved muscle function, breathing, walking. The first week was amazing. I started to increase the dosage up to 300mg (I took some cofactors as well) and the benefits faded. I got problems like increased tinnitus and oily facial skin. Every time I went to an air conditioned room I seemed to be getting sick, which later never happened as I dicontinued it. I still take it occasionally, but don´t dare to take it for a longer period of time.
Peat has also said that even dosages of 10mg can have those effects when there is a deficiency.

Have you noticed anything interesting trying acetylcholine precursors? I had dyspepsia/gastroparesis type issues for years and recently found that lecithin or ALCAR (interchangeable) would alleviate most of it, but B1 seems to alter the result in odd ways - Andy Cutler wrote a long time ago that in some with mercury toxicity, there is a general reduction in acetylcholine causing an upregulation of muscarinic receptors, and B1 could be used to dampen the upregulation of M1 muscarinic receptors to reduce some of the uncomfortable side effects encountered by increasing acetylcholine. Citicholine, eggs and Alpha GPC gave me massive histamine, which misled me to thinking my acetylcholine levels were fine.

raypeatclips

B1 and vitamin D for me.

Laundry list: aspirin; lysine; pregnenolone; prog/ Dhea; preg/ Dhea; riboflavin — more recently vitamin d3, although I am sure there are others. One of the more dramatic effects that I have experienced was from taking b2 (after reading the information in this link: B2 I love you!), which I must not have been supporting with essential cofactors. Off the bat, I felt a marked increase in energy, including surging in the gym and after working hours, when I would normally be kaput. Over time (possibly 2 months), I developed an inability to think clearly and had suicidal thoughts. I even switched brands, because I wanted to produce the initial effect, but to no avail. D3 had a similar effect, where I felt good for 1-2 months but then messed me up, despite trying to dial in the cofactors. (Magnesium, zinc, etc.)

What happened with vitamin D?

Arnold Grape

After establishing a fair amount of sun all summer, I bought the Calicrol version of d3, which I applied topically. (Between 2-3000 iu, daily.) Off the bat I could feel the dopamine increase, and potentially a slight rise in aggression, which I attributed to blood sugar issues. Accompanying this beginning foray was the ability to think with a great amount of clarity and I had a level of energy that was not present before supplementing. Most signs of depression had also vanished. I believe that I was also making strides in the gym. For example, it became fairly easy to arrive at a gym 3 days a week at 5:00 am. And obligatory: my hair looked and felt good.

This I applied on my wrists, although I also put a drop or two on my temples on more than one occasion. Over time — possibly 6 or 8 weeks I noticed a discomfort, which also started in the temple region. My sleep had previously become disrupted at the beginning, but I believe it suffered still. And the hair started to look oily despite washing. These things I attempted to offset with liver and I had started taking magnesium everyday, in lieu of the 2-3 day regimen that I had already been on. One day I arrived to work with a near inability to socialize properly with any of my coworkers. I also could not think clearly or get work done.

Another thing that I developed was a type of restless leg syndrome, where it became difficult to stay sitting for prolonged periods. Something was clearly amiss and all of my attempts to recover the initial feeling I could not regain.

I have zero speculation at what exactly went wrong, but all of my attempts to recover were hopeless. From what I can determine this is a low dose that I was experimenting with, but I had to nix it. Whenever something makes me feel really good immediately I am suspicious at where it will end up.

Edit: I was also supplementing with a,d,e,k on occasion and my diet is pretty good.

Max23

Have you noticed anything interesting trying acetylcholine precursors? I had dyspepsia/gastroparesis type issues for years and recently found that lecithin or ALCAR (interchangeable) would alleviate most of it, but B1 seems to alter the result in odd ways - Andy Cutler wrote a long time ago that in some with mercury toxicity, there is a general reduction in acetylcholine causing an upregulation of muscarinic receptors, and B1 could be used to dampen the upregulation of M1 muscarinic receptors to reduce some of the uncomfortable side effects encountered by increasing acetylcholine. Citicholine, eggs and Alpha GPC gave me massive histamine, which misled me to thinking my acetylcholine levels were fine.

I haven´t tried the acetylcholine precursors you mentioned. One liver product I tried causes an itch. I thought it was the milk thistle, but it also had a lot of choline citrate in it. The product also made my stool browner. A multi B vitamin with choline produced negative effects. I think it was because of methyl B12. Several things cause an itch for me. Some of them have the bile connection, but could have something to do with acetylcholine. Betaine HCl has beneficial effects (stool brownification, GI benefits). At first it caused dandruff, but not any more. I seem to have a craving for it now.

Eggs have beneficial effects, like better muscle contraction, increased libido, but also cause itching, especially on cumulative use. I haven´t really thought of it as acetylcholine relatad. Like something was missing and thus the itch. Although eggwhites seem to be worse, which could be that the problems are allergy, thightly folded protein related.

Acetylcholine is a subject I´m very much interested in, since I have constant muscle tension. The pain and tension shuts down when I sleep. I thought I had too much acetylcholine. Also cigarettes cause muscle weakness. Acetylcholine and it´s receptors is a quite complicated subject. I don´t know what to think of it now. I want to try an anticholinergic (cyproheptadine) and lecithin (or some other form of choline that is easy to get).

Max23

What happened with vitamin D?

1000IU didn´t have much of an effect, 3000IU was the dosage. At first there were thyroid-like effects – warmth, increased heartbeat, thirst, increased sweating, better looking skin, mental effects. It was the best supplement for gym, I had better muscle function, spinal movement, heat. After a week I got anger, increased paresthesia, fasciculations, twisted neck, pale stool. I should try topical to avoid problems caused by a possible malabsorption, bile depletion.

aniciete

Every single supplement I have tried has backfired. You just never know how much is too much and when to stop.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals