Peat Doesn't Like DHEA Anymore?

sprinter

I thought I read this somewhere on this site recently. I am looking around but can't find what I thought I read. Maybe I just imagined it and apologize if that's the case.

But has it been mentioned that Peat doesn't think supplementing with DHEA is good anymore? If so, what is the reason for this?

mirc12354

This are oral doses, right? So amplifed with DMSO (factor 10) and applied topically that would mean that even as little as 2 drops of Pansterone daily is a bit over his reccomendation for middle aged men?

milk_lover

This are oral doses, right? So amplifed with DMSO (factor 10) and applied topically that would mean that even as little as 2 drops of Pansterone daily is a bit over his reccomendation for middle aged men?
Yeah I asked him about oral adminstration because I have gelatin capsules. I don't know about Pansterone with its DMSO amplification effects though.

DesertRat

DHEA converts (or can convert) to Estradiol. 7-keto DHEA doesn't convert (supposedly), but is more expensive so rarely used.

whit

I've heard him give advise to some on the topic.
Administration with saturated fat or vit. E would keep the
Conversion good if dosage is low.

OP
sprinter

sprinter

It was in the "Who Has Used Or Is Using DHT?" Thread. Haidut posted the following: "Note that he does not recommend taking DHEA anymore. He takes it himseld and comments on optimal doses IF you decide to take it but does not recommend it for supplementation like pregnenolone and progesterone. I have asked him specifically about this and he said that DHT is much lower risk than DHEA."

So Ray Peat no longer
recommends DHEA!?

aguilaroja

DHEA converts (or can convert) to Estradiol. 7-keto DHEA doesn't convert (supposedly), but is more expensive so rarely used.

7-keto DHEA is more expensive than un-keto-ed DHEA, but the price is not sky high. 60 or more capsules go for between $10 and $40 retail/online. Curiously, I have never seen 7-keto DHEA [aka 7-oxo-DHEA (3-acetoxyandrost-5-ene-7,17-dione) ] in capsule amounts less than 25 mg.

I am also unclear how come there is little mention of 7-keto DHEA in research recently, after the interest 20 years ago about its thermogenic effect.

1 year administration of 75mg or so of DHEA resulted in higher T and higher estradiol in men. Both quite a bit higher.

Peat has only suggested 5mg or 10mg per day, though...so that's quite a difference.

Lightbringer

passivity

I can't get the second one in my country, I guess that's why even 5mgs give me dermatitis, acne and insane irritability.

I think that yes, it's a matter of quantity.

Ray has always advocated very low amounts. 5mg, 10mg, 15mg per day.

Studies done on DHEA are done at minimum of 50mg or 100mg.

These show how DHEA over a few months converts into estrogen and T. 3 or 4 months into supplementing, T and estrogen levels are much higher.

The estrogen and other downstream hormones could account for negative brain effects over a period of time.

Syncopated

After reading this thread I have decided to not take DHEA.

Thanks for the information good people!

Syncopated

I see no benefit to 1 mg of DHEA. I want it to convert to Testosterone and I am already supplementing 200 mg of Testosterone every 2 weeks.

1 mg is a drop in the bucket compared to the Testosterone.

Mjhl85

Are you working for the Dr Clark Store? A lot of your posts mention it in some way. The products aren't even good quality, containing excipients that you can easily avoid by buying DHEA powder from many other vendors.
Syncopated's posts are highly suspect so far, who incidentally joined just yesterday.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals