DHEA Is Helping Me Learn German

ddjd

I moved to Germany about 3 years ago and my German until recently was still intermediate at best. Since supplementing low dose DHEA I can now formulate much longer sentence structures with ease and finally engage in very long conversations entirely in German which was previously impossible. The words that used to be hidden somewhere in the recesses of my brain, are now easily at tip of my tongue when I need them and my recall is excellent.

My German girlfriend, her family and friends have also commented on this drastic improvement in my German as being nothing short of incredible.

I usually take between 5-10mg, always first thing in the morning. I do seem to need to have sufficient carbs in my system in order to get the benefits. Ive also been experimenting with short term fasting recently and the DHEA has a far less potent effect on these fasting days.

But with enough fuel in my system the difference is astounding. I think partly its improving my confidence and assertiveness, I wonder if that's thanks to increased Testosterone or DHT conversion.

problems ive encountered:

1) I find it very hard to get to sleep on days when I've taken the DHEA. I wonder if it's the dopamine increase causing that.

2) I get the feeling people are a bit more intimidated by me than normal. coffee actually seems to counteract this and also has extra cognitive boosting effects in itself so ive started combining DHEA with coffee.

3) the effects seem to last the whole day, but have gone by the next day. As in when I wake up I really notice ive lost the verbal fluency.

Last edited:

Dobbler

I have learned more drumming skills in less than year with T3 than in 12 years of no thyroid supplement . So i get what u mean. It opens up ur brain to understand things better.

shine

Language teachers hate him. Learn every language with this one simple trick!

Frankdee20

Steroids are very powerful, and exert profound effects on the brain that no other supplements could. Even if this is short lived (the brain will always seek baseline) at least it is a wonderful experience of being alive, and cerebral.

Frankdee20

Which brand are you using by the way ? I had good effects with sublingual DHEA years ago, but last time I tried a tiny bit of Oral, it made me agitated.

I moved to Germany about 3 years ago and my German until recently was still intermediate at best. Since supplementing low dose DHEA I can now formulate much longer sentence structures with ease and finally engage in very long conversations entirely in German which was previously impossible. The words that used to be hidden somewhere in the recesses of my brain, are now easily at tip of my tongue when I need them and my recall is excellent.

My German girlfriend, her family and friends have also commented on this drastic improvement in my German as being nothing short of incredible.

I usually take between 5-10mg, always first thing in the morning. I do seem to need to have sufficient carbs in my system in order to get the benefits. Ive also been experimenting with short term fasting recently and the DHEA has a far less potent effect on these fasting days.

But with enough fuel in my system the difference is astounding. I think partly its improving my confidence and assertiveness, I wonder if that's thanks to increased Testosterone or DHT conversion.

problems ive encountered:

1) I find it very hard to get to sleep on days when I've taken the DHEA. I wonder if it's the dopamine increase causing that.

2) I get the feeling people are a bit more intimidated by me than normal. coffee actually seems to counteract this and also has extra cognitive boosting effects in itself so ive started combining DHEA with coffee.

3) the effects seem to last the whole day, but have gone by the next day. As in when I wake up I really notice ive lost the verbal fluency.
I’d be cautious because estrogenic substances are known to increase verbal fluency and DHEA is known to increase estrogen in susceptible individuals even in low doses such as a few mg.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I’d be cautious because estrogenic substances are known to increase verbal fluency and DHEA is known to increase estrogen in susceptible individuals even in low doses such as a few mg.
that's worrying. I wonder if that is the case. surely I would get other symptoms like water retention etc.??

that's worrying. I wonder if that is the case. surely I would get other symptoms like water retention etc.??
Besides water retention, there is the tendency to weep, excessive emotionality, itchy nipples, a crawling sensation in the skin, indigestion and a labored gait that I associate with estrogen. However, if you feel fit and energetic over a few weeks of supplementation it’s likely that DHEA is converting solely into androgens.

shine

You could also try Haidut's pansterone on your temples. The product contains DHEA and pregnenolone. Some users have reported great brain related benefits using it that way. Also, applying it to the skin favors conversion down the androgen pathways.

I would start with 1 drop on each side.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Besides water retention, there is the tendency to weep, excessive emotionality, itchy nipples, a crawling sensation in the skin, indigestion and a labored gait that I associate with estrogen. However, if you feel fit and energetic over a few weeks of supplementation it’s likely that DHEA is converting solely into androgens.
yeah im not getting any of that so im pretty sure it is just androgenic

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I was thinking about it a little more because i was quite worried after you suggested estrogen might be the reason for the cognitive improvement. I think the dopamine increase is most probably the reason. DHEA is a well known inducer of tyrosine hydroxylase

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals