Peat Doesn't Like DHEA Anymore?

aquaman

Progesterone Pregnenolone & DHEA - Three Youth-Associated Hormones

My bolding added below

"Young people produce about 12 to 15 milligrams of DHEA per day, and that amount decreases by about 2 mg. per day for every decade after the age of 30. This is one of the reasons that young people eat more without getting fat, and tolerate cold weather better: DHEA, like the thyroid hormone, increases our heat production and ability to burn calories. At the age of 50, about 4 mg. of DHEA per day will usually restore the level of DHEA in the blood to a youthful level. It is important to avoid taking more than needed, since some people (especially if they are deficient in progesterone, pregnenolone, or thyroid) can turn the excess into estrogen or testosterone, and large amounts of those sex hormones can disturb the function of the thymus gland and the liver.
People who have taken an excess of DHEA have been found to have abnormally high estrogen levels, and this can cause the liver to enlarge, and the thymus to shrink.

One study has found that the only hormone abnormality in a groupt of Alzheimers patients' brains was an excess of DHEA. In cell culture, DHEA can cause changes in glial cells resembling those seen in the aging brain. These observations suggest that DHEA should be used with caution. Supplements of pregnenolone and thyroid seem to be the safest way to optimize DHEA production. "

johnwester130

I see no benefit to 1 mg of DHEA. I want it to convert to Testosterone and I am already supplementing 200 mg of Testosterone every 2 weeks.

1 mg is a drop in the bucket compared to the Testosterone.

i took 1mg DHEA in mct oil. I felt something.

From that day on, I believed everyone who said to keep it at a low dose.

I think the problem is the average customer is taking about 25mg capsules and tablets, and we would not want to encourage this.

Constatine

i took 1mg DHEA in mct oil. I felt something.

From that day on, I believed everyone who said to keep it at a low dose.

I think the problem is the average customer is taking about 25mg capsules and tablets, and we would not want to encourage this.
How did you get just 1mg of dhea?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals