Oxidative Stress

mamaherrera

Of this diet, what are the most helpful supplements/things in diet to help prevent or slow down oxidative stress??? Do you think taking Vitamin E 400mg a day is too much, while nursing??? I think vitamin E is very helpful against oxidative stress no?

OP
M

mamaherrera

because I just read this and it includes dairy as contributing to oxidative stress??

If you can’t resist the taste of grilled meat, marinate it in an acidic marinade like something vinegar-based before grilling it. This reduces the formation of AGEs. AGEs are also found naturally in high-fat meat and dairy foods and processed foods. You can reduce the amount of AGEs your cells have to deal with by substituting more fish for fatty meats, cooking them with “wet” cooking methods at a lower temperature and limiting processed foods. A

J

j.

Some people take vitamins E and K2 together, because they can deplete each other. I read that newborns are low in K.

OP
M

mamaherrera

but if I have lots of emotional stress== stress hormones and estrogen, should I take 400 E daily? and how many drops of K complement it well??? Because I am consistently lacking E and K daily based on cronometer. And top that off with stress??

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
I read that newborns are low in K.
I think this happens for the birth. And then is peaks right around day 8, which is when instructed to do circumcision if its going to be done. Imagine that. ;)

Did you know rosemary dramatically reduces AGE formation when grilling meat? Nature is pretty awesome.

J

j.

From some website...

Safety Evidence

Vitamin E has an increased ability to be absorbed with adequate intake of vitamin C and selenium. Its absorption is reduced by high intake of iron. Pregnant and lactating women, those who use oral contraceptives, and people with high-risk heart disease factors may need more vitamin E.

Link

OP
M

mamaherrera

thanks, so stay more consistent with 400 mg of E per day, no?? Apart from that my multi has some, and how many drops of K2 would be good paired with 400???? I will try and get my husband to put rosemary on the meat the next time, I love grilling especially in the summer!

J

j.

I think a few milligrams is what one could get from high K2 foods in a day (if one ate tongue, liver, pancreas, tripe, grassfed butter), so maybe that's a good amount to supplement.

J

j.

1 drop is 1 mg. I think that's a good amount, as far as I know there isn't a documented case of any food that has as much, I think grassfed butter has less than 1 mg. Some people speculate some organs have more, but it hasn't been measured yet.

The rosemary also protects from cholesterol oxidation and lipid oxidation :D

OP
M

mamaherrera

thanks, so I'll do my 400 E and 1 drop of K, thanks for helping me get a constant dose of each. And yes rosemary will be on my next grill out!

Pompadour

From here: Chemistry and biology of reactive species with special reference to the antioxidative defence status in pancreatic β-cells. - PubMed - NCBI
Diabetes is the most prevalent metabolic disorder with a steadily increasing incidence of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes worldwide. The weak protection of the pancreatic β-cells against oxidative stress is a major reason for their particular vulnerability. Thus, careful protection of the β-cells is required for prevention of the disease.

Does it mean that with antioxidants we can protect our pancreas somehow? Adding vit. E, vit. C, rosemarin and so on... And avoidance PUFAs is also good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals