External Application To Abate Thinning Hair

Mittir

Low level Laser therapy (LLLR) mostly uses wavelength 600-1000 nm, which covers the
RP's recommended range of wavelength. Regular incandescent light or
heat lamps ( 130 volt incandescent) should give similar benefits of LLLR.
He thinks one needs at least several hundred watts of incandescent light
to get major benefits. But light therapy can increase
requirement for vitamin A . Red and orange light increases metabolism
and skin's steroid production. He also said that skin probably is the
largest endocrine synthesis factory. I think light therapy is the easiest way to
improve health and metabolism. Here is a very informative thread on light therapy
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=187&hilit=light+therapy

stressucks

Mittir said:
Low level Laser therapy (LLLR) mostly uses wavelength 600-1000 nm, which covers the
RP's recommended range of wavelength. Regular incandescent light or
heat lamps ( 130 volt incandescent) should give similar benefits of LLLR.
He thinks one needs at least several hundred watts of incandescent light
to get major benefits. But light therapy can increase
requirement for vitamin A . Red and orange light increases metabolism
and skin's steroid production. He also said that skin probably is the
largest endocrine synthesis factory. I think light therapy is the easiest way to
improve health and metabolism. Here is a very informative thread on light therapy
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=187&hilit=light+therapy

Would something like this mimic the benefits?

http://www.amazon.com/Satco-S4984-Incan ... light+bulb

Preferably in a higher wattage? What about two 100 Watt of those?

http://www.amazon.com/100-Watt-A19-Ligh ... light+bulb

Strongbad

Is it better to add Vitamin E and K, too since Vitamin E usually compliments Aspirin but at the same time it depletes Vitamin K hence the need to add it into the mix? So the combo will be Niacinamide + Caffeine + Aspirin + Vitamin E + Vitamin K.

Hopefully the result won't be more hairloss (cross-fingers)

dd99

I've been doing niacinamide, caffeine and aspirin for a few months, alongside my RP inspired diet, and have completely stopped shedding. I haven't had any regrowth, though... Yet!

And the one time I added E to the mix, my hair was so sticky... But my wife kept asking if I was using a new product because my hair looked great!

Strongbad

my hair sheds like crazy when it's a mix of aspirin + caffeine + niacinamide. When it's only aspirin + caffeine it doesn't shed as much.

But it doesn't promote growth, either. At least on my case. I actually started to see a patch on my top right forehead now, even with red light therapy and heavy Ray Peat diet (high calorie, too). My front crown is thinning rapidly. I even follow this low-prolactin diet list http://peatarian.com/34201/list-of-ways-to-lower-prolactin and it's still thinning. Thinking about getting bloodwork but this is very frustrating. Doesn't seem like even Ray Peat can save my deteriorating hair

I've been taking vitamin A,B complex, D (sun), E, K, zinc, magnesium daily and they can't save the hair, either :(

Strongbad said:
my hair sheds like crazy when it's a mix of aspirin + caffeine + niacinamide. When it's only aspirin + caffeine it doesn't shed as much.

But it doesn't promote growth, either. At least on my case. I actually started to see a patch on my top right forehead now, even with red light therapy and heavy Ray Peat diet (high calorie, too). My front crown is thinning rapidly. I even follow this low-prolactin diet list http://peatarian.com/34201/list-of-ways-to-lower-prolactin and it's still thinning. Thinking about getting bloodwork but this is very frustrating. Doesn't seem like even Ray Peat can save my deteriorating hair

I've been taking vitamin A,B complex, D (sun), E, K, zinc, magnesium daily and they can't save the hair, either :(

Try forcing body temperature with clothes and showers. Inversions are also good. Try feeling that blood flow in your scalp at least once a day.

haidut

Forum Supporter
The caffeine, niacinamide and aspirin are the main ingredients in SolBan:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5830&start=75

It also has magnesium, which should help with hair growth as well.

Strongbad

More clothes or less clothes? Wwarm/cold shower? I read conflicting theories that putting ourselves in cold weather forces the thyroid to produce more heat but others prefer more clothing since it keeps the body temperature warm all around. Same thing with cold/warm shower.

I'll take a look at inversions method. Have you tried it yet? If so, how's it working out for you? I'll also take a look at the SolBan supplement. It's weird that I shed more hair when including niacinamide into the topical mixture, even though theoretically it should stop hair shed and promote hair growth.

Finally received body temperature meter this afternoon. Put it in my armpit and it says 96.9 F :( I also started eating fish head soup yesterday, which contains natural thyroid supplement.

Strongbad said:
More clothes or less clothes? Wwarm/cold shower? I read conflicting theories that putting ourselves in cold weather forces the thyroid to produce more heat but others prefer more clothing since it keeps the body temperature warm all around. Same thing with cold/warm shower.

I'll take a look at inversions method. Have you tried it yet? If so, how's it working out for you? I'll also take a look at the SolBan supplement. It's weird that I shed more hair when including niacinamide into the topical mixture, even though theoretically it should stop hair shed and promote hair growth.

Finally received body temperature meter this afternoon. Put it in my armpit and it says 96.9 F :( I also started eating fish head soup yesterday, which contains natural thyroid supplement.

More clothes and warm showers. Think about it, even if we assume your thyroid wanted you at 37°C (I think the aim is lower than that right now), would you say it is succeeding? So, how could more cold make the job any easier? The phenomenon they talk about only happens with extended cold exposure, we are talking Norwegians who wear shorts all year, and it involves massive catecholamines, so more of a reaction than a positive action by the organism. When you break the warm barrier you will notice no more sweat and no more struggle. Today I was 99.2°F.

Read Danny Roddy, he has been working well lately. I only recently started taking pictures so I cannot say anything.

Strongbad

I found Ray Peat via Danny Roddy, so yes I'm well aware of his work. You're lucky that you can hit 99.2F. My highest ever is 97.9F. I couldn't even hit 98F.

tara

Strongbad said:
Wwarm/cold shower?
Buteyko recommended cold showers only once control pause is at least 25s, which I guess could be a measure of metabolic health.

Strongbad said:
I found Ray Peat via Danny Roddy, so yes I'm well aware of his work. You're lucky that you can hit 99.2F. My highest ever is 97.9F. I couldn't even hit 98F.

It is not luck, I forced the body to that point.

tara

uuy8778yyi said:
so will this regrow hair or not
Definitely maybe. Are you looking for a guarantee?
I would guess it's a couple of factors in the scheme of things that might help make a difference if enough other factors also line up to support it.

narouz

uuy8778yyi said:
so will this regrow hair or not

You kiddin' me, man?!
You'll become a freaking werewolf in no time!
Actually, more like a werefox--hair like a fox!!

uuy8778yyi

how potent are the topicals by haidut ?

I don't understand if 1% is strong, weak, or moderate ?

especially solban

Peata

just started tonight: I'm trying Solban on someone's (male) thinning hair that's in a circular spot on the top of his head, a little toward the back. I don't know anything about men's hairloss though, so can anyone say whether 3 months is enough time to notice a difference?

Joocy_J

sladerunner69 said:
post 34660 I saw really great results when I combined peating with lllt. My diet was strict, as outlined by Danny Roddy his ebooks, and was mostly liquid. Lots of fresh squeezed orange juice and vitamin free milk. For a lot of guys the diet alone seems to be enough to stop the shedding and maintain what they have. But for regrowth, I think laser hair therapy is pretty crucial. Don't spend thousands at some clinic either, just build your own laser helmet. After 6 months of diet and lasering I made a lot of progress, hair was thicker and hair line was filling in. Some things came up and I had no choice but to stop both for a couple months, but I'm working my way back now.

Any links/instructions about how to build a laser helmet? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

schultz

Joocy_J said:
sladerunner69 said:
post 34660 I saw really great results when I combined peating with lllt. My diet was strict, as outlined by Danny Roddy his ebooks, and was mostly liquid. Lots of fresh squeezed orange juice and vitamin free milk. For a lot of guys the diet alone seems to be enough to stop the shedding and maintain what they have. But for regrowth, I think laser hair therapy is pretty crucial. Don't spend thousands at some clinic either, just build your own laser helmet. After 6 months of diet and lasering I made a lot of progress, hair was thicker and hair line was filling in. Some things came up and I had no choice but to stop both for a couple months, but I'm working my way back now.

Laser helmet? That just sounds awesome... !

narouz

schultz said:
post 101638
Joocy_J said:
sladerunner69 said:

Laser helmet? That just sounds awesome... !

I think so too!
But I'm afraid I'm going to need a little bit of evidence on this one.
Seems strange that one would go to the trouble
of building oneself a laser helmet,
and then...just misplace it...or have no photos of it...
:roll:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals