External Application To Abate Thinning Hair

kettlebell

I was just wondering if anyone had found any success with slowing hair loss or even stopping it by, in addition to getting the peat diet under control, applying any vitamins etc directly onto the head.

I have seen research showing adding vitamin E (oral) 400iu significantly stops and reverses thinning hair (While there is still hair on the head).

Can applying Vitamin E in coconut oil to the scalp every day have localised benefits on top of the ingested foods? Are there any other routes/vitamins/minerals/substances that can be applied topically to help? Red light therapy to the scalp?

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Researc ... ness-Study - This site refers to the study conducted in Malaysia. I have no idea how viable the research is but its intriguing.

My thinning hair is directly due to stress. Both of my brothers have full heads of hair (Similar age to me), so do my parents.

I am interested in this as the research does seem to marry well with What Dr Peat says about stress hormones.

Your thoughts?

nwo2012

It can't do any harm. I believe copper salicylate is good for thinning hair. It certainly works a lot of the time for greying hair. I have/had a few small grey patches near my ears and some have gone back to brown. Im sure I can get all of them to do so but you need some time off as the blue colour can be seen until washed off. I plan to do a full two weeks in a couple of months. I know RP also had good success with greys.

kiran

nwo2012 said:
It can't do any harm. I believe copper salicylate is good for thinning hair. It certainly works a lot of the time for greying hair. I have/had a few small grey patches near my ears and some have gone back to brown. Im sure I can get all of them to do so but you need some time off as the blue colour can be seen until washed off. I plan to do a full two weeks in a couple of months. I know RP also had good success with greys.

This sounds really good, where do you get copper salicylate from ?

Birdie

You've probably read Danny Roddy's about hair loss?

zernebogus

Sugar and a really high fat diet makes me lose hair. I eat lots and lots of potatoes ( not roast) and my hair has really started to grow back, not just a little but a lot.

mcconte75

Has anyone tried the chinese herbal remedy from Dr Shen brand this is also for greying hair.

min

zernebogus said:
Sugar and a really high fat diet makes me lose hair. I eat lots and lots of potatoes ( not roast) and my hair has really started to grow back, not just a little but a lot.
Can you elaborate on what you are doing?

inatic

inatic said:
Geminitiger said:
Ray said to use coffee with water/alcohol as external treatment.
can you elaborate on this?
Geminitiger said:
Ray said to use coffee with water/alcohol as external treatment.

Have been dealing with this same issue. Derm diagnosised me with Androgenic Alopecia. Ray Said i hardly have any adrogens to cause that and that is my very low progesterone.

His suggestion when i asked if there was a possible 'shock' treatment topically to stop the mass exit of my hair (female!) His suggestion was caffiene (like no doz) dissolved in alcohol.
he also said that progesterone in oil (gather he meant olive) would help as was DHEA.. though curious he's say that since thought his thought was dhea was estrogenic?

My alternative is using minoxidil and spirolactone. I dont want to use it and at the same time scared not to?

mother

I want to try copper salicylate on my thinning white hair. Where can I purchase copper salicylate?

mother

[[highlight=#ffbfff]quote="Jenn"]Rays hair treatment is coffee, aspirin and niacinimide in vodka or water...but I don't remember which article I just read it in.... basically topical anti PUFA hair treatment.[/quote][/highlight]

I want to make a topical hair mixture using the above ingredients for my thinning hair (female), but I have no idea what portions to use. Can someone help me with this? Also has anyone had any success with using this topically? Thanks.

Philomath

I don't have the link but there's an Ask Your Herb Doctor interview with Dr. Peat (google KMUD_20Hair_loss_Osteoporosis) where he says caffiene pills (NODoze), alcohol (to dissolve caffeine pills), progesterone, T3 (applied topically) and DHEA can be used to regrow hair. Some people mix it in Olive oil for easier application. Ray just thought coffee would be too messy.
I'm going to try this for my bald spot and receding hair line. :D

marcar72

If all else fails, one could always join the Hair Club for Men! Or show that head of hair who's boss and just shave it all off, also called the reverse comb over! That's what I do sometimes. As I get older though it's amazing how much less of a rat's **** I could give about a full head of hair anymore. As the old saying goes... "Hair today, gone tomorrow!" :p

Seriously though, the only thing I've ever heard of having positive results (I have never really looked into it) is Rogaine. Might be worth it to figure out why it works and what the specific mechanism is. Being a male makes it a lot easier to go bald and not be really bothered by it. I feel for women with thinning hair. It seems society deems it okay, even natural and dignified, for a man to loose hair and go gray. Good luck in your quest!!

M

marikay

Does anyone know if the topical treatment listed above (caffiene, progeterone, t3 and Dhea) is to be left on the scalp all day, overnight, or just for a few minutes before rinsing it off? I want to try this but don't want to waste the products by doing it wrong.

SaltGirl

zernebogus said:

Could be you are not getting enough potassium? I know some of the old(and new) hair loss solutions tend to focus on potassium channels more than the hormones.

sladerunner69

I saw really great results when I combined peating with lllt. My diet was strict, as outlined by Danny Roddy his ebooks, and was mostly liquid. Lots of fresh squeezed orange juice and vitamin free milk. For a lot of guys the diet alone seems to be enough to stop the shedding and maintain what they have. But for regrowth, I think laser hair therapy is pretty crucial. Don't spend thousands at some clinic either, just build your own laser helmet. After 6 months of diet and lasering I made a lot of progress, hair was thicker and hair line was filling in. Some things came up and I had no choice but to stop both for a couple months, but I'm working my way back now.