External Application To Abate Thinning Hair

Mountain

Joocy_J said:
post 101599 Any links/instructions about how to build a laser helmet? thanks

Just go to your local hardware store and buy a halogen floodlight of about 500W and blast your scalp with it for 15 minutes a day. Or however much feels right. You can shine it through a glass tray of water to absorb the infrared spectrum so as not to cook your scalp. Additionally, you could even buy some red stage lighting filters for your floodlight.

This guy has more info on this. http://heelspurs.com/led.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Mountain

schultz said:
post 101638 Laser helmet? That just sounds awesome... !

narouz said:
post 101648
schultz said:
post 101638
Joocy_J said:
sladerunner69 said:
post 34660 I saw really great results when I combined peating with lllt. My diet was strict, as outlined by Danny Roddy his ebooks, and was mostly liquid. Lots of fresh squeezed orange juice and vitamin free milk. For a lot of guys the diet alone seems to be enough to stop the shedding and maintain what they have. But for regrowth, I think laser hair therapy is pretty crucial. Don't spend thousands at some clinic either, just build your own laser helmet. After 6 months of diet and lasering I made a lot of progress, hair was thicker and hair line was filling in. Some things came up and I had no choice but to stop both for a couple months, but I'm working my way back now.

Any links/instructions about how to build a laser helmet? thanks

Laser helmet? That just sounds awesome... !

I think so too!
But I'm afraid I'm going to need a little bit of evidence on this one.
Seems strange that one would go to the trouble
of building oneself a laser helmet,
and then...just misplace it...or have no photos of it...
:roll:

This is invariably the laser helmet people speak about. http://www.overmachogrande.com/

narouz

Oh, I see. Thanks, Mountain.
Well...that does look like the real thing--lasers, not just LEDs.

Personally, I would want to study up on the safety/effects of such laser on the brain.
As I understand it,
just regular (non-laser) red light penetrates pretty far.
Peat has said, I think, that it goes right through tissue and out the other side--
thus the red light you see when holding your hand, say, up to a very bright "red" light.

Also, the guy at "Self-Hacked,"
who turned out to be "correct" or at least right in line with Peat on methylene blue microdosing...
he uses some kind of LLLT on his brain,
but does so very judiciously--and says he really gets a buzz from it,
sometimes too much so if he's not careful.

I have a thread trying to look into LLLT for backache.
The technology used in the laser helmet you linked to would seem easily adapted and suitable to the back.

Oh...at the linked site, the guy uses 620nm wavelength lasers, as I recall.
I think that might be slightly out of range toward the blue wavelengths to be Peatian.
Or right at the cusp of the bottom of the Peatian range,
which I think is about 650--850nm or thereabouts....

narouz

Mountain said:
post 101650
Joocy_J said:
post 101599 Any links/instructions about how to build a laser helmet? thanks

Just go to your local hardware store and buy a halogen floodlight of about 500W and blast your scalp with it for 15 minutes a day. Or however much feels right. You can shine it through a glass tray of water to absorb the infrared spectrum so as not to cook your scalp. Additionally, you could even buy some red stage lighting filters for your floodlight.

This guy has more info on this. http://heelspurs.com/led.html

Yes, and this has been my first reaction when considering lasers.
Peat seems to say that regular (sun, incandescents) red light penetrates very deeply.
He's said it goes right through the tissue.
So, yes Mountain, I think a couple of 300W regular incandescents,
or your halogen (maybe would need some filtering as you note)
would be pretty damn potent.
But...I don't know...maybe the lasers are a quantum leap more potent,
and maybe that kind of potency is important/needed...?
But...are the lasers safe, especially on the brain...?

Mountain

narouz said:
post 101654 Oh...at the linked site, the guy uses 620nm wavelength lasers, as I recall.
I think that might be slightly out of range toward the blue wavelengths to be Peatian.

The overmachogrande guy, Narouz? He recommends using 650nm laser diodes. This wavelength is pretty close to a peak absorbency of cytochrome c oxidase. Other peaks are around 850nm; the heelspurs guy has a graph on his site somewhere detailing this.

narouz said:
post 101656 But...I don't know...maybe the lasers are a quantum leap more potent,

No I don't think your cells would care about the properties of lasers. The properties of laser light which distinguish it from regular light are properties pertaining to the bulk of the photons, like coherency.

I'm fairly sure that the heelspurs guy uses a halogen setup for his back pain. Or else it was someone that he wrote about. I'm sure it would work out fine.

As for it being a problem for your brain. I'm not sure, I guess you would have to try and see for yourself if it affects you. I feel relaxed whenever I shine the halogens on me.

Well aren't biophotons coherent like a laser?

Mountain

Such_Saturation said:
post 101839 Well aren't biophotons coherent like a laser?

Possibly, I've never read about them. The point is that coherency is a characteristic of the source and not of necessary importance to the recipient.

jyb

Mountain said:
narouz said:
post 101656 But...I don't know...maybe the lasers are a quantum leap more potent,

No I don't think your cells would care about the properties of lasers. The properties of laser light which distinguish it from regular light are properties pertaining to the bulk of the photons, like coherency.

I'm fairly sure that the heelspurs guy uses a halogen setup for his back pain. Or else it was someone that he wrote about. I'm sure it would work out fine.

No, the laser will penetrate a LOT more than your 300W incandescent set up. The laser energy is focussed in red (if you take a red laser), whereas a lot of the incandescent spectrum is wasted on IR (and in particular you can't put it right on your skin unlike lasers). Hence the LED or laser setups to reach the brain. But I can see how halogen/incandescent would be convenient for back pain (easy setup and covers a large surface area). Note that his setup involves quite a lot of halogen, in comparison 2 incandescents of 300w is pretty weak. On another older thread someone argued the halogen red setup was better. I'm not saying the incandescents are not enough though, I haven't tested for back pain.

sladerunner69

narouz said:
post 101654 Oh, I see. Thanks, Mountain.
Well...that does look like the real thing--lasers, not just LEDs.

Personally, I would want to study up on the safety/effects of such laser on the brain.
As I understand it,
just regular (non-laser) red light penetrates pretty far.
Peat has said, I think, that it goes right through tissue and out the other side--
thus the red light you see when holding your hand, say, up to a very bright "red" light.

Also, the guy at "Self-Hacked,"
who turned out to be "correct" or at least right in line with Peat on methylene blue microdosing...
he uses some kind of LLLT on his brain,
but does so very judiciously--and says he really gets a buzz from it,
sometimes too much so if he's not careful.

I have a thread trying to look into LLLT for backache.
The technology used in the laser helmet you linked to would seem easily adapted and suitable to the back.

Oh...at the linked site, the guy uses 620nm wavelength lasers, as I recall.

I'm not concerned enough to take pictures of my helmet. I built it a couple years ago after ordering the 5mw lasers from aixiz and it's built to the specifications that are provided at overmachogrande.com. But I only installed about 4 rows of laser on mine, I dont need them on the middle or back part of my scalp because my hair is thick there.

I have actually done some research on the effects of lllt on the brain from the scalp. What I have found is that the overwhelming consensus is that the 5mw laser does not penetrate past a couple milimeters of skin, enough to stimulate the follicles but does not penetrate much further and certainly not past the skull. I am unfamiliar with these claims that a 500mw unfocussed halogen could penetrate through the skull, because it certainly does not. Go into a dark room and put the side of your head over a light, tell me if anything comes through the other end :idea:

I've heard of alzheimers and neurological disorders being treated by very high power laser helmets. Those lasers are comparatively warm to the touch, and are used for 80 minutes sessions twice a day. That is many orders more energy being transferred to the tissue than a handful of 5 mw lasers for 20 minutes twice a week. I do feel a bit of stimulation after wearing the helmet, but it's about comaprable to standing in front of my 500 mw light for 5-10 minutes.

docall18

Forget all this crazy talk of herbs, topical's and lasers. Now if you want to regrow hair, crystals is where its at.

Mountain

docall18 said:
post 102256 Forget all this crazy talk of herbs, topical's and lasers. Now if you want to regrow hair, crystals is where its at.

Crystallized aspirin? :)

tara

Mountain said:
post 102267
docall18 said:
post 102256 Forget all this crazy talk of herbs, topical's and lasers. Now if you want to regrow hair, crystals is where its at.

Crystallized aspirin? :)

And C12H22O11 and maybe NaCl? Don't want the progesterone to be crystalised. :)

narouz

sladerunner69 said:
I'm not concerned enough to take pictures of my helmet. I built it a couple years ago after ordering the 5mw lasers from aixiz and it's built to the specifications that are provided at overmachogrande.com. But I only installed about 4 rows of laser on mine, I dont need them on the middle or back part of my scalp because my hair is thick there.

This has the ring of truth.
I'm sorry I doubted you, slade.

sladerunner69

narouz said:
post 102281
sladerunner69 said:

This has the ring of truth.
I'm sorry I doubted you, slade.

:lol: apology accepted. It's a far out idea and a pretty wacky contraption. (I hope no girl ever sees me wearing this silly **** looking thing)

Devan

I saw really great results when I combined peating with lllt. My diet was strict, as outlined by Danny Roddy his ebooks, and was mostly liquid. Lots of fresh squeezed orange juice and vitamin free milk. For a lot of guys the diet alone seems to be enough to stop the shedding and maintain what they have. But for regrowth, I think laser hair therapy is pretty crucial. Don't spend thousands at some clinic either, just build your own laser helmet. After 6 months of diet and lasering I made a lot of progress, hair was thicker and hair line was filling in. Some things came up and I had no choice but to stop both for a couple months, but I'm working my way back now.

How the hell did you manage making a laser cap for yourself!? I looked into it and almost had a stroke with the stress of even thinking about figuring it out. haha

Devan

nevermind, I just saw your previous comment explaining how you made your helmet.

sladerunner69

How the hell did you manage making a laser cap for yourself!? I looked into it and almost had a stroke with the stress of even thinking about figuring it out. haha

I just used overmachogrande's blueprints, I found they're surprisingly straightforward and thorough. The hard part was wiring >100 little lasers, separating all the negative and positive cables, and tying them together with electrical nuts. That part was tedious, but I spent maybe an hour a night working on it during one week.

Lately that helmet has been falling apart though, mainly the lasers will randomnly go out. I called the manufacturer and they sent me a bag of new ones at no cost. The problem is that the wires detach after being pulled on so much over time. When using the helmet I am careful to not grab it by the wiring and grab it by the foam hat part, and try to not let the wires get too stretched out. This is why the wiring to the transformer should be left quite long, like at least 5 feet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals