Over-active cremaster muscle and/or physical anxiety?

etyicle

Hello,

Been suffering with a strange pain in my testicles for some time, characterized by an overall tightness that never really goes away. Tingling feeling near my perineum and that goes down my legs?

I do think it's potentially driven by prolonged anxiety but have tried a number of supplements, hormones (low dose dhea, progesterone, androsterone), medications (anti-serotonin chemicals, beta blockers, etc.) but can't figure out a plan that works or what to focus on. I have found relief at times but nothing lasting.

My anxiety is getting worse and have had a few panic attacks in the last month. Tried niacinamide and magnesium to no avail. Trying new supplements is difficult/ anxiogenic at the moment and find I'm in a delicate state. Eat relatively peat-y.

I'd like to think I didn't permanently damage the area, every doctor, urologist, and ultrasound has come back negative for structural damage and/or infection but would like some advice on the matter.

Some blood work I've done.

Total test: 970 ng/dl (2020)
Free test: 28.1 ng/dl
TSH: 1 (very recent)
Prolactin: 12 bit high maybe?

I'm 31 180 lbs, 5'8" btw.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hello,

Been suffering with a strange pain in my testicles for some time, characterized by an overall tightness that never really goes away. Tingling feeling near my perineum and that goes down my legs?

I do think it's potentially driven by prolonged anxiety but have tried a number of supplements, hormones (low dose dhea, progesterone, androsterone), medications (anti-serotonin chemicals, beta blockers, etc.) but can't figure out a plan that works or what to focus on. I have found relief at times but nothing lasting.

My anxiety is getting worse and have had a few panic attacks in the last month. Tried niacinamide and magnesium to no avail. Trying new supplements is difficult/ anxiogenic at the moment and find I'm in a delicate state. Eat relatively peat-y.

I'd like to think I didn't permanently damage the area, every doctor, urologist, and ultrasound has come back negative for structural damage and/or infection but would like some advice on the matter.

Thanks.
What's your diet like? Do you get lots of sunlight and consume calcium? Do you also have a shrunken flaccid hang?

OP
E

etyicle

What's your diet like? Do you get lots of sunlight and consume calcium? Do you also have a shrunken flaccid hang?
Lots of milk for protein and calcium, eggs, cheese, oysters, ice cream, chocolate, coffee with sugar and milk, orange juice and fruits when I can, soda and gummy bears when I can't. Occasionally burritos, pizzas, and other "cheat" meal takeout when I'm feeling too sick to drive to get groceries which is, I admit, a lot lately. Never get intestinal discomfort from starch or milk seemingly. Never counted calories but have considered it lately as my anxiety makes me less hungry.

My vitamin d levels have dropped significantly in the past few years and I have been trying to get them back up. At 39 atm. Sunlight is hard to come by now that it's almost winter and I'm in a northern part of the US. I did notice that sunlight increased my anxiety (and testicular discomfort) slightly after sitting out in the sun for 30 or so minutes in the past month.

Yes, very shrunken flaccid hang as well.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Lots of milk for protein and calcium, eggs, cheese, oysters, ice cream, chocolate, coffee with sugar and milk, orange juice and fruits when I can, soda and gummy bears when I can't. Occasionally burritos, pizzas, and other "cheat" meal takeout when I'm feeling too sick to drive to get groceries which is, I admit, a lot lately. Never get intestinal discomfort from starch or milk seemingly. Never counted calories but have considered it lately as my anxiety makes me less hungry.

My vitamin d levels have dropped significantly in the past few years and I have been trying to get them back up. At 39 atm. Sunlight is hard to come by now that it's almost winter and I'm in a northern part of the US. I did notice that sunlight increased my anxiety (and testicular discomfort) slightly after sitting out in the sun for 30 or so minutes in the past month.

Yes, very shrunken flaccid hang as well.
Possibly sympathetic nervous system overactivation. Excess catecholamines causes tightness, anxiety, short flaccid, etc. It also contributes to fast and/or excessive sweating, cold hands and feet and feeling wired.

Could be a nutritional deficiency or even heavy metal accumulation. Excess copper could contribute to those symptoms.

Have you tried things like magnesium, taurine, theanine, agmatine, etc that lower excess catecholamines?

OP
E

etyicle

Possibly sympathetic nervous system overactivation. Excess catecholamines causes tightness, anxiety, short flaccid, etc. It also contributes to fast and/or excessive sweating, cold hands and feet and feeling wired.

Could be a nutritional deficiency or even heavy metal accumulation. Excess copper could contribute to those symptoms.

Have you tried things like magnesium, taurine, theanine, agmatine, etc that lower excess catecholamines?
I'd like to give taurine (need to obtain some without added b6 edit: nevermind i found some..) and theanine another run, not the best on seeing supplements through and giving them time.
Seem to get no benefit from magnesium anymore, I take glycinate. I am wondering about getting more zinc to balance the copper.
Agmatine gave me some apparent stomach upset when I used it last.

I will say I never have problems with excessive sweating or cold hands and feet oddly enough.

I'll try to come up with a stack from this and take it more consistently.

Thanks for your help Hans, enjoy reading your articles.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'd like to give taurine (need to obtain some without added b6 edit: nevermind i found some..) and theanine another run, not the best on seeing supplements through and giving them time.
Seem to get no benefit from magnesium anymore, I take glycinate. I am wondering about getting more zinc to balance the copper.
Agmatine gave me some apparent stomach upset when I used it last.

I will say I never have problems with excessive sweating or cold hands and feet oddly enough.

I'll try to come up with a stack from this and take it more consistently.
It will likely be a good idea to do some tests just to be sure. Check some minerals such as iron, copper, zinc, selenium, etc., and maybe do a hair minerals analysis.
Thanks for your help Hans, enjoy reading your articles.
My pleasure man and thanks for reading!

unsubscribed

Hello,

Thanks.
Do you have subluxation mid back by chance?

Splanchnic nerves are linked to catecholamines.

OP
E

etyicle

subluxation
Interesting, I did have occasional back pain in the morning a few weeks ago that has since gone away. I did get an MRI of my back done.

"L5-S1: There is mild increased T2 signal within the left L5 pedicle which may
represent a stress reaction."

They said it was probably nothing. Wasn't having back pain at the time of the MRI actually.

Just yesterday I read about someone having a spmewhat similar issue and fixing it with potassium.

I'll definitely try upping my potassium intake. Definitely haven't been getting over 1000 mg in hindsight, let alone 3500 mg. Time for more fruits and potatoes. Eating a cup of raisins as we speak.

Last edited:

baron

Hello,

Thanks.
Did you apply those hormones transscrotally? I have gotten these spasms for a few weeks after trying transscrotal androsterone or pregnenolone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals