OAB and OJ

movebetter

Hi, I have a condition called overactive bladder and it gets triggered by acidic foods so orange juice can get it started. Is there any good non acidic substitute?

Jennifer

Hi, I have a condition called overactive bladder and it gets triggered by acidic foods so orange juice can get it started. Is there any good non acidic substitute?

When I needed to avoid acidic foods due to chronic gastritis, some of my staples included coconut water, sugarcane juice, honeydew melon juice, watermelon juice, white grape juice and pear juice. If you tolerate starch well, potatoes, especially young or “creamer” as they are referred to in the States, are a good substitute for orange juice, in my opinion.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Perhaps also a tiny bit of baking soda in the OJ. It will fizz and feels nice in the mouth.

mostlylurking

Hi, If you are thiamine deficient, consuming sugar (like in orange juice) can exacerbate the thiamine deficiency. There is a connection between "overactive bladder" and thiamine deficiency (please see the first of my posts).

FitnessMike

I have the same if I have pineapples and kiwis over a few days, surprisingly no with orange juice even tho PH is very similar...

I wish someone have an idea of how to increase ph of the fruits or how to mitigate its negative effect on the bladder, sprinkling baking soda is disgusting :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals