Nutrisorb Vitamin A And Seb Derm?

crusader

what is the current consensus on nutrisorb Vitamin A and seb derm? effective or no?

I have outrageous amounts of seb derm flakes on my scalp and facial hair area, even on my eyebrows sometimes in the mornings.. getting my haircut at the barber is excruciatingly embarrassing.. I even had a female acquaintance of mine comment on it recently which really was the last straw for me.

I eat little to none vit A foods- no liver, no cream, egg yolks sometimes, plus im currently lactose intolerant (been building up in severity over the past year) so dairy is temporarily out of the question..

So I have to ask, is taking nutrisorb Vitamin A likely to help me at all?
what dosage should I take? for how long?
if I eat 3-4oz of liver 2x week, would I even need the nutrisorb supplement?

what have your experiences been or what have you seen on this forum? Ive searched this forum extensively on the subject and sometimes read conflicting info, just wanted to clear it up with this post.

equusvult

I have been dealing with S.D. for 20yrs and Ive done the high dose vit A protocol, but so far the only thing thats worked for me is SolBan from Idealabs. I started applying it for sunscreen and noticed the S.D. on my face went away. So on a whim I doused my scalp with it twice a day for a week and it also went away. That was two months ago and so far has not returned, granted every time I feel an itch or see a flake I spray it. Don't know if it will work for you, because after 20yrs there never seems to be any rime or reason to why I would get breakouts, nothing ever truly worked for me diet wise or topically except SolBan.. Some people also have good results with low dose tetracycline..

tyler

I've found a few different things worked for me.

Eating 1 ounce of raw beef liver every other day. Blend the liver, put the paste into an ice cube tray and freeze. After they freeze, store into a container in the freezer and just take one liver cube out at night and let it defrost in the fridge. In the morning, throw it back and chase it with apple juice, lol.

I do not get the same effect from Nutrisorb A. I have dried taking 30,000 iu per day and didn't get the same result.

Also, apple cider vinegar spray. 1 part apple cider vinegar to two parts water. Make sure it's in a glass spray bottle (get them at whole foods) This has been gold for my SD.

I have some of Carlson's Vitamin A Palmate 15,000IU on the way- and I'm hoping I get better results than I did with Nutrisorb. A few people on this forum have reported that the results from Carlson's was better than Nutrisorb. It's also easier and more affordable to achieve a higher a higher dose with a 15,000IU capsule. I'll report back once I test it out for a week.

OP
C

crusader

I've found a few different things worked for me.

Eating 1 ounce of raw beef liver every other day. Blend the liver, put the paste into an ice cube tray and freeze. After they freeze, store into a container in the freezer and just take one liver cube out at night and let it defrost in the fridge. In the morning, throw it back and chase it with apple juice, lol.

I do not get the same effect from Nutrisorb A. I have dried taking 30,000 iu per day and didn't get the same result.

Also, apple cider vinegar spray. 1 part apple cider vinegar to two parts water. Make sure it's in a glass spray bottle (get them at whole foods) This has been gold for my SD.

I have some of Carlson's Vitamin A Palmate 15,000IU on the way- and I'm hoping I get better results than I did with Nutrisorb. A few people on this forum have reported that the results from Carlson's was better than Nutrisorb. It's also easier and more affordable to achieve a higher a higher dose with a 15,000IU capsule. I'll report back once I test it out for a week.

interesting that the food worked but not the supplement. I think I just have to bite the bullet and eat liver (bullet probably tastes better)

what are some good ways to eat liver? and what do you eat it with?

what are some good ways to eat liver? and what do you eat it with?

Sometimes I make a coffee/mocha smoothie: no more than one oz. of frozen liver though or you'll start to taste it. Add in cold coffee, cocoa powder, sugar and milk and whiz in the blender...maybe coconut milk if you don't do dairy.

Birdie

I use calves liver rather than regular beef liver. A milder taste.
But my trouble is I hate to prepare it. After it's sautéed in butter with a little onion and salted it's delicious.
If you don't mind the prep then... I do freeze it first. I should put a clothespin on my nose. And maybe don't have to rinse the stuff.
Ray fries his in butter and makes sure it isn't overcooked.

B-styles

Yes liver is key to the seb !

Things that helped mine practically cured it

- liver ( 3-4 oz 4x week)
-B vitamins
-carrott salad
-Zinc !

Zinc was the biggest difference. Zinc also cured my dandruff.

Birdie

Yes liver is key to the seb !

Things that helped mine practically cured it

-B vitamins
-carrott salad
-Zinc !

Zinc was the biggest difference. Zinc also cured my dandruff.
Oh, very interesting.
How long did it take?
I need more liver anyway.
The anemia probably set me up for problems like SD too.

It all fits together.

tara

I buy about 1kg of liver at a time, chop it into bite-sized pieces with scissors, freeze all the bits in some ice cube trays. When frozen, dump into a container in freezer and use as needed.
I get a few cubes out at a time, soak them in water over night.
Fry in coconut oil, long enough to cook but short enough not to get rubbery. Salt and eat.
I eat about 30-50g liver 3-5 times a week, usually for breakfast.

The most important factors for it tasting good for me are: fresh liver - it should look red, not grey, when you buy it (grey liver usually tastes terrible). Cook just enough but not too long. Enough salt. I start to crave it if I skip it for more than a couple of days. That's my indicator that there's something there that I need.

B-styles

Oh, very interesting.
How long did it take?
I need more liver anyway.
The anemia probably set me up for problems like SD too.

It all fits together.

It's hard to say cause I noticed a natural progression over a few years but I wasn't incorporating everything at once either. Seb can actually clear VERY fast if your doing most things right but you have to find what your body needs. Again, for myself, it ended up being A, C, Zinc and low fat diet that made the biggest differences in the seb. B-vitamins and carrot salad. Sauna may help. Keep the diet clean as you can. Keep the gut and liver clean. Glutathione raising foods made a big difference (avocados, asparagus, carrots, tomatoes, garlic)

Birdie

Thanks, Tara. :bouquet:
Sounds interesting. I have been buying frozen calves liver. The problem is that I let it thaw overnight and then rinse it (partially thawed) a la Adele Davis' instructions long ago. Think I'll skip the rinsing and just whack it into serving size pieces before putting into the freezer. I can't stand rinsing it after it thaws a little. The smell of the blood puts me over the edge. No more rinsing then.

Birdie

It's hard to say cause I noticed a natural progression over a few years but I wasn't incorporating everything at once either. Seb can actually clear VERY fast if your doing most things right but you have to find what your body needs. Again, for myself, it ended up being A, C, Zinc and low fat diet that made the biggest differences in the seb. B-vitamins and carrot salad. Sauna may help. Keep the diet clean as you can. Keep the gut and liver clean. Glutathione raising foods made a big difference (avocados, asparagus, carrots, tomatoes, garlic)
Okay, thanks. Patience is needed then. I do most of the above and need more liver... :woot:

Except the avocados which are high pufa, so I limit those. I don't eat asparagus any more. Limit the garlic a la Peat also. I can't eat nightshades, so no tomatoes.

Mine has improved a lot lately btw.

Last edited:

seano

-B vitamins
-carrott salad
-Zinc !

... for myself, it ended up being:
- A, C, Zinc and low fat diet that made the biggest differences in the seb.
- B-vitamins and carrot salad.
- Sauna may help.
- Keep the diet clean as you can. Keep the gut and liver clean.
- Glutathione raising foods made a big difference (avocados, asparagus, carrots, tomatoes, garlic)

@B-styles mind sharing more detail of the protocol of each, and the type used, quantity, ...? (especially with zinc & b-vitamins which have a variety of sources)

B-styles

@B-styles mind sharing more detail of the protocol of each, and the type used, quantity, ...? (especially with zinc & b-vitamins which have a variety of sources)
Lately I've been using nutrisorb vitamin A 10,000 IU rubbed on my wrist. Notice better effect doing that then taking it internally however before that I was eating plenty of liver but it just started getting so gross to me that I couldn't stomach it anymore. I haven't tried too many brands of vitamin A so I can't speak for many of them. When I first started taking zinc it was Country Life 25 mg. Noticed a great difference from just that then I decided to double it to 50 mg and that's essentially when the seb practically cleared. I also noticed that my dandruff cleared too. After that I was sold on Zinc even if it was in supplement form so I decided to do the second best choice to food and buy a whole food zinc source which was Garden of Life 30 mg. Noticed the same effect as taking 50 mg from synthetic. I also doubled my Gelatin (great lakes) intake from 2 tablespoons to 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup. Vitamin C is key. Three brands I've tried.... HealthForce nutritionals, Traditional Foods Market brand and Terrasoul bought off Amazon all whole food sources anywhere from 250-500 mg. Soy lecithin made a difference strangely enough 1-3 teaspoons a day. B- vitamins from Synergy Company. 1/2 tablet. I do also rotate adaptogens, 2 in particular, Cordyceps and Rhodiola. Those two also helped with the seb but mainly sleep and then energy into the next day. I've done a bunch of other things which I think helped but it's too mseb to list haha. At the end of the day, seb and hair loss is a result of inflammation so anything you do that brings inflammation down will help those but if I were to give the most credit it would be too vitamin A and Zinc.

Last edited:

EIRE24

So I think that I too may have Seb derm, not totally sure as it could also be dry skin that is flaking without the redness. I was reading online (I know most people don't understand it) but many and most saying it is not curable but only manageable? I though that everything would be curable?

Peater Piper

If the flaking is primarily in oily areas, then it's likely seb derm. It's believed to be caused by malassezia fungi. Supposedly everyone has it on their skin, yet not everyone has a reaction to it. Excessive amounts of sebum makes for a hospitable environment, combined with a compromised skin barrier or sensitivity to the yeast leads to the inflammatory reaction. The typical medical response is keeping the population of the fungus down with anti-microbials and treating the inflammation with steroids, but that's not fixing the situation. Improving hormonal profile to lessen sebum, removing skin care products or hard water that can irritate the skin, improving the gut by removing foods that cause inflammation should all essentially "cure" the problem. Of course, fixing our guts and hormones is easier said than done.

Thanks, Tara. :bouquet:
Sounds interetsting. I have been buying frozen calves liver. The problem is that I let it thaw overnight and then rinse it (partially thawed) a la Adele Davis' instructions long ago. Think I'll skip the rinsing and just whack it into serving size pieces before putting into the freezer. I can't stand rinsing it after it thaws a little. The smell of the blood puts me over the edge. No more rinsing then.

I used to gag on liver.. literally had to soak in milk overnight just to eat it.. now i can eat it straight up.. thaw it, put it on the pan, boom we are good. I think i got used to it or somethinf.. but its good to me now lol

Birdie

I used to gag on liver.. literally had to soak in milk overnight just to eat it.. now i can eat it straight up.. thaw it, put it on the pan, boom we are good. I think i got used to it or somethinf.. but its good to me now lol
Well, 40+ years of loving the results but hating the prep of liver.
Never could I stand to soak it in milk. Calves liver is delicate and needs no soaking fortunately.
I've never disliked, gagged on liver, it's just the prep.

What I hated was the rinsing and drying of the raw liver.
And I used to cut out the tough parts. Thank you Adelle Davis!

No more rinsing. Will chop the partially defrosted stuff and cook it. Easy does it!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals