Need Help (18 Years Old) 500 Calories/day, Stressed, Sibo? Seb Derm

OP
F

FinnRooney

I’ve fixed a guys sibo in less than a week, he was diagnosed and had been pooping liquids for 1.5 year.

Got him on a super low fat diet then only allowed him what’s digested very easily up in the digestive tract. Extra lean animal products, a few fruits (start small), tubers. I also asked him to supplement betaine HCL at every meal to speed up meal absorption. Obviously we didn’t restrict the calories. He became impatient and wanted to eat oats and eggs and such for breakfast within 2 weeks, got diarrhea again. So please wait for a bit.

You should also look up Candida albicans.
If you don’t mind me asking, what would a typical day of eating for him on your suggestions look like?

OP
F

FinnRooney

My digestion sucks and I have bloating and gas usually with meals and I'm sure SIBO too...

But if I ate like you did I'm pretty sure I'd be extremely depressed. And I usually feel pretty good on most days so long as my caloric intake is high enough.

First off you need meals, and regular meals. Think standard American protein, carb, fat for each breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The fat helps with digestion a ton, and also use digestive enzymes if you need the added boost. Fat helps so much with digestion that I get significantly less bloat, gas, or coated tongue so long as I properly have enough fat with my starch and meat.

I've had chronic acne and oily skin my whole life and up to a couple days ago it's finally went away, and all I did was include vitamin D in my stack. Nothing else dietary made it go 100% away, some things were better than others, but no matter how I ate I always had acne. Definitely make sure you're getting your fat solubles (A,E,D,K). Supplementing Zinc, caffeine, and taurine should be helpful as well.

Then as sourdough suggested, you need sufficient micronutrients from varied sources and then calories. Just start thinking up of interesting things to eat and go eat it. At first you'll run into a lot of problems, foods you don't like, that don't make you feel good etc...but you'll start learning and refining, just don't go overboard, and remember to keep in mind, it's better to eat than starve.

In general I think having 3-4 big meals a day is the most helpful, and then when hungry but not in the mood for big meals, have a dedicate snack and then be done until hungry for a proper big meal. I recommend this because occasional snacking is terrible for your oral health, as we need to let saliva accumulate to keep the pH of our mouth neutral to basic. Chewing Xylitol gum aids with this as well. This should help with tongue coat as well. Big meals should have protein, carb, and fat in whatever ratio makes you feel the best. Meat, starch, some type of green veggie, and some fat source works the best for me. I like white rice and meat combo the best. Beef, white rice, cheese is a very dank combo, calorically dense, easy on digestion, and gets temps up every time.

Literally just one day of doing this for me brought back morning woods and optimistic dreams. When things start turning around for the better, you'll immediately take notes on what consistently you need to do, and keep those as mainstays of your FeelGood.exe

Everything else then becomes tweaking around and adding and removing lines of code to the main body.
Thank you so much, yes I guess maybe I sort of have to throw caution to the wind, being too careful is probably my problem and I just need to figure it out as I go instead of waiting for the perfect protocol to land in my lap, thank you for the suggestions, I’ll have to look into them. For fat solubles, is it something you can get from food or is it too hard? I know almost no vitamin e sources are ‘peat’ friendly and that ray peat himself says that PUFA increases need for vitamin e because it destroys it? (I think, something very similar if not that exactly)

Runenight201

Animal products will get you some. But for therapeutic doses I think supplementation is best. E is always best supplemented, because its better to get it without having to ingest more PUFA, and supplementing it will allow you to more safely eat foods that have it but are good for other reasons.

For instance eggs are extremely nutritious, but can add up the PUFA, so if they're going to be a mainstay in your diet, its best to supplement E on top of eating eggs.

Cheese has a little bit of A. I don't supplement A because I eat a lot of cheese, and another member here posted about potential bone issues with too much A, which I display, and I've always had bad reactions to eating liver. Liver has a lot of preformed A.

Fish and eggs have Vitamin D, but to get any reasonable amount that's often ingested here (5-10k IUs orally), supplementation is necessary.

Grassfed dairy has K2, but again, any meaningful amount is best supplemented. The bottle is expensive, but it should last for months since you only really need 1-3 drops a day.

I'm always for getting vitamins/minerals from food, but sometimes it makes sense to use targeted applications of certain vitamins/minerals base on what youre going for. Taurine + caffeine give me consistent energy and are good for the liver, so I incorporate these since my liver probably got wrecked in college due to excessive drinking. Also if you display signs of high estrogen (puffy face, nipples, bloat) then doing anti-estrogen things makes sense in terms of supplementation, such as Vitamin E, androsterone, pansterone, Zinc, caffeine. Or tooth decay/weak teeth, incorporating D/k2 makes sense.

Diet is very important tho. It always makes or breaks it in my opinion. Supplements just help guide things in the right direction.

somuch4food

For fat solubles, is it something you can get from food or is it too hard? I know almost no vitamin e sources are ‘peat’ friendly and that ray peat himself says that PUFA increases need for vitamin e because it destroys it?

Occasional liver, dairy, animal fats, eggs are all sources of fat soluble vitamins. Vitamin E is found in nuts, but I would not worry about it now. If you like nuts and they agree with you, you can eat some. The vitamin E contained in nuts is enough to offset their PUFA content. It might not be Peat friendly, but it is a great source of calories and nutrients. The PUFAs to avoid at all cost are vegetable oils with the exception of olive oil.

The problem with PUFA is that it create oxidative stress in the body, but iron and other metals can also cause this problem. Your body is able to deal with oxidative stress, it has mechanism to get rid of it, but if you overstress it, systems will start to shut down and health problems appear.

somuch4food

Diet is very important tho. It always makes or breaks it in my opinion. Supplements just help guide things in the right direction.

Yeah. Optimise the diet first, then supplement as needed. It is easy to create imbalances with supplements.

hank you so much, yes I guess maybe I sort of have to throw caution to the wind, being too careful is probably my problem and I just need to figure it out as I go instead of waiting for the perfect protocol to land in my lap, thank you for the suggestions, I’ll have to look into them. For fat solubles, is it something you can get from food or is it too hard? I know almost no vitamin e sources are ‘peat’ friendly and that ray peat himself says that PUFA increases need for vitamin e because it destroys it? (I think, something very similar if not that exactly)
had you got better dude?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals