Nicotine Does Not Compare To Tobacco

Energizer

Absolutely. Nicotine will never compare, hand-rolled tobacco is far superior.

Last edited:
OP
Herbie

Herbie

I smoke Nicaraguan cigars. Japanese people smoke more cigarettes per capita than the US, but have much lower rates of lung cancer. Some theories are lung cancer is caused by the type of fertilizer used in the US, the filter material, or additives to the tobacco. In the US, lung cancer can also be attributed to diesel exhaust, and radon gas.
"Exposure to the combination of radon gas and cigarette smoke creates a greater risk for lung cancer than either factor alone. Most radon-related lung cancers develop in smokers. However, radon is also thought to cause a significant number of lung cancer deaths among non-smokers in the United States each year."
Radon and Cancer

Interesting about the Japanese thanks, I hadn't heard of Radon Gas issues before and I just looked it up the government here has a map of the levels. I used to work as a car mechanic and can vouch for the diesel fumes (I prefer petrol fumes)

OP
Herbie

Herbie

To be honest, I am not sure because the only times I used patches I didn't like the feeling, so I stopped using them. The benefits outweigh the negatives for me for tobacco, so I try not to worry about it. I just limit tobacco to times when I think it will help or I get a craving. It is anywhere from 1-4 cigarettes a day, but I go periods without it too.

It might be other things that make me prefer smoking for it's gut effect - I squat when I smoke to enhance its 'motility' effect, and I actually don't like smoking at all unless I am squatting. The likelihood I will have a bowel movement is enhanced like 50% if I squat and smoke at the same time. I wonder if the act of slowing down breathing during smoking is part of it too.

I can also smoke at night when I couldn't drink a coffee, otherwise I get insomnia. Smoking only induces sleep for me if it promotes a bowel movement. Smoking is the closest thing to coffee and I find coffee to be the best thing for my gut other than fat (and lots of it).

This is interesting I actually prefer squat and smoke as well, I never thought anything of it until now. My digestion is very good and no bloating no matter what I eat now and I thought it was because I took cyproheptadine for a long time (recently wrote about it on here) I did suspect the tobacco as well after someone posted an article on here about a young man who smokes tobacco to help his gut problems.

I agree, the coffee and cigarette first thing in the morning products strong peristalsis in my experience. Immediately ready to do a bowel movement.

Peater

There's no dump like a cigar dump. Get yourself a Partagas Serie D, a cool glass of Coke, some music and a book, and let the magic happen :D

Energizer

Interesting about the Japanese thanks, I hadn't heard of Radon Gas issues before and I just looked it up the government here has a map of the levels. I used to work as a car mechanic and can vouch for the diesel fumes (I prefer petrol fumes)

Smoking is also protective against radon gas and other lung irritants (ie. asbestos). See link at the bottom for additional studies.

"1. Dogs exposed to radon or radon+smoke:
5% of smoking dogs and 37% of non-smoking dogs got lung cancers.

2. Massive National Cancer Institute sponsored experiments that
backfired terribly, setting back the NCI's workplace
smoking bans agenda for more than a decade.

3. The crowning experiments (2004, 2005) of six decades of
antismoking "science", the pinnacle -- again backfired badly,
as they always do -- at the end, more than twice as many smoking
animals alive than non-smoking ones"

The intelligent smoker: what should a smoker take to nullify harm? - Lifestyle

Last edited:
OP
Herbie

Herbie

There's no dump like a cigar dump. Get yourself a Partagas Serie D, a cool glass of Coke, some music and a book, and let the magic happen :D

I appreciate the suggestion, I just checked and can get them here. When I accomplish my next big goal I will do this to celebrate.

Peater

I appreciate the suggestion, I just checked and can get them here. When I accomplish my next big goal I will do this to celebrate.

Good man. They are a strong little cigar though, so take your time with it and most importantly, enjoy!

Ray Peat no likey monoamine oxidase inhibition

TheHound

I have been rolling my own cigarettes on and off for over a year at 3 grams of tobacco per day (approximately 3-4 tailor made cigarettes)

Recently I stopped smoking for a break and started chewing nicotine gum to make the transition smoother and nicotine is just not the same, no doubt nicotine is a powerful substance but I now am more interested in the other 4000 alleged substances in tobacco. I think the monamine oxidase A and B inhibition effects are from other substances in tobacco not only nicotine.

To me its swallowing a caffeine tablet vs drinking a strong coffee.

I have considered getting into vaping nicotine but I don't see the value. If I decide to start smoking again I will buy a 'Tar Guard' (as Hunter S Thompson used) to make smoking safer.

come on you're Ricky ffs. Just keep smokin them darts

Prosper

I squat when I smoke to enhance its 'motility' effect, and I actually don't like smoking at all unless I am squatting. The likelihood I will have a bowel movement is enhanced like 50% if I squat and smoke at the same time.

ekq7WhF.jpg

How enhanced is his bowel movement going to be after that smoke?

Frankdee20

I tend to smoke 6 a day and use gum here and there when I want to cap my intake. We are also forgetting to take route of administration into account. Smoking and injecting a substance must be more intense than subcutaneous administration, or oral route. I do agree though, isolated Nicotine doesn't provide as nice an effect as entire cigarette. Who knows though, if it's due to smoking a substance, or ingested other compounds. I do love cigars as well, and that gives a nice effect through the mouth, but that could be due to the amount of nicotine exposure over say, 20-30 minutes of cigar smoking.

Frankdee20

ekq7WhF.jpg

How enhanced is his bowel movement going to be after that smoke?

I like to do this with black coffee and a cigarette, it's like hurricane Irma running through my anus.

Waynish

I saw a quote once that said 'Flue cured tobacco is the biggest health crisis of the 20th century'

This is what they use to cure cigarette tobacco so it can be inhaled. Of course smoke should not be inhaled into the lungs.

Interesting - but how true is this - anymore info?

Peater

Interesting - but how true is this - anymore info?

The science of flue-curing making the smoke more acidic and therefore easier to inhale can be verified with your favourite online search website :D

As for inhaling combustion by-products being a health risk...I'm happy to take their word for it. I did have a look for the precise quote but could not find it where I thought I'd read it (Smoke Screens: The Truth About Tobacco)

Waynish

The science of flue-curing making the smoke more acidic and therefore easier to inhale can be verified with your favourite online search website :D

As for inhaling combustion by-products being a health risk...I'm happy to take their word for it. I did have a look for the precise quote but could not find it where I thought I'd read it (Smoke Screens: The Truth About Tobacco)

Well how is it working otherwise? The correct method is to absorb the compounds while they're inhaled into your mouth - and therefore we don't take a full breath in and should not cure? I realize it is Googleable, but this idea isn't discussed very often :)

Peater

Well how is it working otherwise? The correct method is to absorb the compounds while they're inhaled into your mouth - and therefore we don't take a full breath in and should not cure? I realize it is Googleable, but this idea isn't discussed very often :)

How is what working? I think your next sentence is quite correct, although tobacco needs to be cured. Cigar tobacco is air cured and has no additives or paper.

Cigarettes are to smoking what junk food is to food, a bastardised version of something derived for profit and 5 mins of 'pleasure'. Once again 'traditional' methods turn out to be superior

Waynish

How is what working? I think your next sentence is quite correct, although tobacco needs to be cured. Cigar tobacco is air cured and has no additives or paper.

Cigarettes are to smoking what junk food is to food, a bastardised version of something derived for profit and 5 mins of 'pleasure'. Once again 'traditional' methods turn out to be superior

Roger that. By how is that working - I meant the correct method for ingesting the beneficial ingredients from uncured tobacco. So this means the method to smoke uncured tobacco is different from smoking marijuana, right? So they never used to mix them before curing was a thing?
Thanks Peater :)

Peater

The correct method is like a good meal :D a cigar is an occasion. Not something to be rushed through outside on a cold rainy day

I've never heard of marijuana being cured so maybe it's naturally of a good PH level when burnt? I don't know to be honest! Maybe it was traditionally prepared like ayahusca or just made into Ye Old Hash Brownies...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom