Taking Nicotine or Tobacco daily - mitigating damage to the best extent possible?

JamesGatz

I am looking to take Nicotine or Tobacco daily for stress - I'm not a regular user at the moment but nothing compares in terms of reduction of stress - from what I understand:

FFA increase

Driving down of Insulin

High acetylcholine activity

It is also said here that if the blood becomes too vasoconstrictive it leads to accelerated skin aging

Are all the cons unless I'm missing something

Is there someone who is already familiar/experienced combatting these negative effects that could share their experience?

Also what is the safest way to do it and minimize damage?

6E88AEE9-BA86-414C-A698-F9B41DB272B8.jpeg

I can't chew Nicotine gum because I already chew gum 5+ hours a day and need to transition off of it to prevent too much wear on my teeth

Is smoking it inherently a bad thing? There seems to be mixed opinions on here -

I'm not fond of patches either - I would like to control how much I take and would prefer to take smaller doses throughout the day to prevent excessive vasoconstriction -

Most lifelong nicotine users I met in their 50's and 60's actually look quiet healthy so I'm convinced even if I can't mitigate all damage I'm convinced it's ultimately a pro

Last edited:

Herbie

If you're going to smoke, roll your own and don't use a filter, find which paper is safest, use snus as well in order to smoke less and to keep a steady supply of tobacco.

Logan-

Jessie

I would say vitamin C and vitamin E. Avoid PUFA, get plenty of sun, and possibly use a salt pipe to regularly clean crud out of your lungs.

Summer

You will never look like a super model if you smoke, that’s for sure.

T3Energy

I would also advise against consuming any tobacco. I stopped smoking 3 years ago while simultanously introducing a Peat lifestyle and it was my best decision.
Its seriously addicting and increases stress long term in my opinion because of: keeping up with a steady supply of nicotine (after 2h you get withdrawal symptoms which will then be relieved by smoking again -> benefit of smoking is only to relieve the withdrawal), feeling nervous when not having enough cigarettes with you, not being able to smoke freely as you want because of smoking restrictions etc.

Sure it might also have pro metabolic / androgenic effects but you may get these benefits also with thyroid etc.

Healthseeker

There's a lot of other supplements you could be doing for stress or just to play around with Don't smoke cigarettes. Maybe an occasional 20 dollar cigar or something would be ok

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Alright so what do people recommend for stress?

I do a lot of things for my metabolism/stress but I have to work on my computer for hours a day and even besides that I have a lot going on currently in my life

I can't take vitamin supplements because my body retains nutrients for a while and taking any vitamins will knock everything off balance

If I supplement something it can't be a vitamin that I already have sufficient amounts of

My stress isn't high but i need something potent for when I'm working hours in front of a computer - I haven't had much that is as potent as Nicotine/Tobacco

TheCalciumCad

I do a lot of things for my metabolism/stress but I have to work on my computer for hours a day and even besides that I have a lot going on currently in my life

I can't take vitamin supplements because my body retains nutrients for a while and taking any vitamins will knock everything off balance

If I supplement something it can't be a vitamin that I already have sufficient amounts of

My stress isn't high but i need something potent for when I'm working hours in front of a computer - I haven't had much that is as potent as Nicotine/Tobacco
Feeling relief from nicotine while on a computer is prob a sign of bluelight toxicity ******* up dopamine function, sunlight is the cure so take more walks. Also anything people take that increases dopamine in the short term like cigarettes and coffee does the opposite in the long run. A better way of reducing stress would be to get a dog, or even better get a cat.

Tarmander

I once worked a marlboro tent at country thunder. No one who came by to get their free pack was attractive. Not. One.

Don't smoke, too many downsides.

Nicotine is awesome though, and can be used in a way that prevents serious addiction. Lozenges and patches I think work the best. You can tuck the lozenge in the cheek.

I think the only thing you really have to worry about is addiction, and this can be mitigated by using it only when it gives you an edge....ie work presentations, client meetings, athletic competitions, etc. Just use it as a tool. If you do, it has tremendous bang for its buck and is very safe.

Nomane Euger

wich aspects of being in front of a computer require something potent to be mitigated?

catharsis

wich aspects of being in front of a computer require something potent to be mitigated?
Blue light can be pretty stressful/damaging. The need to smoke after working on the computer probably is due to temporary lowering of the metabolism plus some amount of stress from thinking a lot. It can be hard for the brain to interpret socialization behind the screen as a different social space; any attack or slight sent to you can be interpreted as a real person doing that (which it is) and that can be stressful. If you lower the expectation for internet socialization or expect to act in a more degenerate way online, you can lower some of the stress resulting from strong comments or slights.

Nomane Euger

Blue light can be pretty stressful/damaging. The need to smoke after working on the computer probably is due to temporary lowering of the metabolism plus some amount of stress from thinking a lot. It can be hard for the brain to interpret socialization behind the screen as a different social space; any attack or slight sent to you can be interpreted as a real person doing that (which it is) and that can be stressful. If you lower the expectation for internet socialization or expect to act in a more degenerate way online, you can lower some of the stress resulting from strong comments or slights.
there is apps such as flux or iris that claim and seems to remove blue light from your screen,james do not seems to spend most of his computer times arguing on this forum,he got attacked a few times by some savage pokemons,overall its pretty chill for him

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals