Taking Nicotine or Tobacco daily - mitigating damage to the best extent possible?

bornamachine

I've noticed that just burning leafs when I would do yard work, the smoke in the air would make me feel amazing, very well, productive

I've also noticed that getting a second hand hit from some old timer smoking cigarettes on the job site etc would also make me feel really well

Since childhood I've liked the smell of cigarette smoke

Also, I find it interesting that an ashtray and old coffee grounds in a used drip machine) to me practically smell indistinguishable from one another.

bloooeh

I use the lozenges in place of alcohol in social settings, and I also enjoy them when I am going for a walk or bike ride. When I quit drinking alcohol completely over 3 years ago, I found that nicotine was pleasantly stimulating and helped me transition from needing that alcohol crutch ....

This past summer I went on a 300 mile backpacking trip and the nicotine lozenges were particularly useful when slogging up a big pass with a heavy pack 😆... They seem to always give me a better sense of humor as well.
That's good to hear about your experience. I've looked into nicotine gum and lozenge but some of the ingredients discouraged me from buying it. Maybe the lozenge is better than the gum just by looking at the ingredient list... I have tried the nicotine vape 5% and it did give me a good feeling and relieved my headache at one point. During my road trip I bought a small disposable vape at a truck stop. Then come to find out that it has PEG in it. So i never used it.

LadyRae

That's good to hear about your experience. I've looked into nicotine gum and lozenge but some of the ingredients discouraged me from buying it. Maybe the lozenge is better than the gum just by looking at the ingredient list... I have tried the nicotine vape 5% and it did give me a good feeling and relieved my headache at one point. During my road trip I bought a small disposable vape at a truck stop. Then come to find out that it has PEG in it. So i never used it.
Andrew huberman recently dropped a podcast about nicotine and he was pretty clear that the vaping delivery system is very damaging to the lungs but it's not about the nicotine, it's about the heated vapors and the particles and the carcinogenic incipients in the flavorings... It's worth a listen and it's important to distinguish nicotine from all the other ingredients that it can be paired with.
I still really enjoy the lozenges, the mini ones. They are enjoyable for me on a walk and even if I wake up in the middle of the night they will conk me back out...

bloooeh

Andrew huberman recently dropped a podcast about nicotine and he was pretty clear that the vaping delivery system is very damaging to the lungs but it's not about the nicotine, it's about the heated vapors and the particles and the carcinogenic incipients in the flavorings... It's worth a listen and it's important to distinguish nicotine from all the other ingredients that it can be paired with.
I still really enjoy the lozenges, the mini ones. They are enjoyable for me on a walk and even if I wake up in the middle of the night they will conk me back out...
I've listened to him before and agree the vaping delivery system is not healthy. I only tried it for a couple days and noticed the effects... I might give the mini lozenges a try from my local Target. Thanks!

toolhead

Could you link me to this Huberman podcast? I’ve been vaping low-nic menthol flavor by “Naked” brand which is supposed to be healthier. You’ve got me worried now.

LadyRae

Could you link me to this Huberman podcast? I’ve been vaping low-nic menthol flavor by “Naked” brand which is supposed to be healthier. You’ve got me worried now.
You just have to go to YouTube and search for Andrew huberman podcast and then look through his various titles for the nicotine one

Frankdee20

Smoking tobacco introduces nicotine through a route of administration that is quick acting, and more addictive than say topical or mucosal. Also, smoking tobacco seems to be more than just isolated nicotine. I prefer yellow American spirits. It’s bad for me I know

Jam

I stopped smoking in 2012 mainly with Swedish snus, after realizing my teeth had been devastated, and haven't looked back since. It's expensive, but is still much cheaper than death sticks these days.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
If your still interested in taking nicotine, through lots and lots of experience with different methods Im convinced theres only one correct way to do it.
2mg nicotine mini lozenges (citrus flavored, mint is bad for testosterone), placed in upper lip for 1-2 hrs, once or twice daily, or broken in half, spread out in 2-4 doses throughout the day.
The consistent slow absorption of the nicotine reduces the stress response, and makes addiction pretty much a non issue. The vasoconstriction is greatly reduced, and you can probably cancel it out completely with 10-20min. of bag breathing a day.
I get them from Amazon, its about 33 dollars for 81 lozenges.
Hope that helps.
Have you tried the patches?

TeaChedda

Forum Supporter
Have you tried the patches?
Nope, but Ive actually recently become interested in them and am planning to try them in a few weeks when Im out of the nicotine pouches Im currently using. Something about the ultra slow release seems appealing.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Nope, but Ive actually recently become interested in them and am planning to try them in a few weeks when Im out of the nicotine pouches Im currently using. Something about the ultra slow release seems appealing.
Thanks.
I see that some people are buying the 21 mg patches and cutting them into several pieces, so they get ten 2 mg patches, which makes it more affordable.

TeaChedda

Forum Supporter
Thanks.
I see that some people are buying the 21 mg patches and cutting them into several pieces, so they get ten 2 mg patches, which makes it more affordable.
Hey, thats actually a really good idea, thanks. I was going to try the 7, but I think I'll order the 21 now. I've actually been using way too much recently with nicotine pouches, nasal snuff, and even cigarettes. Im starting a new job Monday and the plan is to quit all of that when I run out of what I currently have. God I love nicotine.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nicotinic Acid aka Niacin is much better, effective, and safer.

peter88

I stopped smoking in 2012 mainly with Swedish snus, after realizing my teeth had been devastated, and haven't looked back since. It's expensive, but is still much cheaper than death sticks these days.
What brand do you use?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals