Taking Nicotine or Tobacco daily - mitigating damage to the best extent possible?

aquila2009

I have been doing chewing tobacco pretty heavily for the last 9 months... and just stopped, because I think I finally understand what it's doing. It doesn't relieve stress... it is a stress itself. You're right, it dramatically increases FFA in the blood, and it does this through the release of epinephrine, and norepinephrine, which increases glycogenolysis. But the worst thing it does drive up cortisol dramatically. It significantly activates the HPA axis and puts the body into a stressed state. I had elevated cortisol throughout the entire day when I was using tobacco, and I couldn't mitigate it. I feel and look so much better without it.

Elast1c

I am looking to take Nicotine or Tobacco daily for stress - I'm not a regular user at the moment but nothing compares in terms of reduction of stress - from what I understand:

FFA increase

Driving down of Insulin

High acetylcholine activity

It is also said here that if the blood becomes too vasoconstrictive it leads to accelerated skin aging

Are all the cons unless I'm missing something

Is there someone who is already familiar/experienced combatting these negative effects that could share their experience?

Also what is the safest way to do it and minimize damage?

View attachment 37834

I can't chew Nicotine gum because I already chew gum 5+ hours a day and need to transition off of it to prevent too much wear on my teeth

Is smoking it inherently a bad thing? There seems to be mixed opinions on here -

I'm not fond of patches either - I would like to control how much I take and would prefer to take smaller doses throughout the day to prevent excessive vasoconstriction -

Most lifelong nicotine users I met in their 50's and 60's actually look quiet healthy so I'm convinced even if I can't mitigate all damage I'm convinced it's ultimately a pro
angiogenesis seems like the most important thing to avoid. I'm unsure if the research shows it increases or decreases it:

Nicotine and Pathological Angiogenesis

and then if that effect is from the other compounds in tobacco or from the nicotine only

and also the difficult part of separating that effect it from the polonium that collects from rain or from the fertilizer that radiates upward and sticks to the hair fibers of the leaf (which could technically be avoided by aging the tobacco for a minimum of 6 months.)

To that end I think there are cigars produced without synthetic inputs and without pesticides

Last edited:

Jessie

Alright so what do people recommend for stress?

I do a lot of things for my metabolism/stress but I have to work on my computer for hours a day and even besides that I have a lot going on currently in my life

I can't take vitamin supplements because my body retains nutrients for a while and taking any vitamins will knock everything off balance

If I supplement something it can't be a vitamin that I already have sufficient amounts of

My stress isn't high but i need something potent for when I'm working hours in front of a computer - I haven't had much that is as potent as Nicotine/Tobacco
Are we talking real physiological stress, as in elevated cortisol? Working on a computer for hours at a time seems more like an irritation. Just take a 20 minute break and go outside

Magnesium and Progest-e are probably the most generalized anti-stress substances you could take, neither are vitamins. If you wanna start talking drugs then there's a lot, cyproheptadine probably being the most famous around here.

Having sex is a great way to reduce cortisol. Going on long slow walks in natural environments is a great stress reliever.

Nicotine is a dopamine booster, so perhaps CalciumCad is on to something about the blue light. Maybe your problem isn't cortisol per se, it could be related to dopamine.

CSH

Forum Supporter
I use and really like this product. Although, I don't use it for stress and only once a day, if that, during a workout. My preferred delivery is the gum and sometimes only do 1/2 a piece.

That being said...I agree with most of what others are sharing here.

I

i_nomad

The amount of parroting and confirmation bias in this thread isn’t surprising, given the subject… but I’m a little surprised at the lack of objectivity.

Read “Smoke Screens: The Truth About Tobacco”… cheap on kindle

Turns out bad health advice from the government also includes tobacco.

Healthseeker

Yeah when they first came out with fire safe cigarettes those things were horrible alot of people got sore irritated lungs from whatever they were putting in those things. There was no good reason for them to do that.

Xemnoraq

I just bought a reusable tar guard for the odd time here and there when i may want to puff a bit, you can buy them online made out of metal, and they will capture a large amount of the tar and other toxins made from smoking tobacco, and you can clean them out and reuse, they also look super aesthetically pleasing, i just bought this one,

Peater

Yeah when they first came out with fire safe cigarettes those things were horrible alot of people got sore irritated lungs from whatever they were putting in those things. There was no good reason for them to do that.
It's funny because roll-your-owns go out by themselves anyway. Well they do here in UK.

@JamesGatz Go for cigars, they are incredibly relaxing and you're not inhaling into your lungs. I wish I'd never started cigarettes. Off them at the moment, using Tabex.

Ignoramus

I'm pretty Peaty and nicotine made me wrinkly af. I abused oral pouches for a couple of years; they helped with my productivity. I wouldn't use nicotine.

Herbie

I'm pretty Peaty and nicotine made me wrinkly af. I abused oral pouches for a couple of years; they helped with my productivity. I wouldn't use nicotine.
Have you tried pregnenolone to repair the wrinkles?

DeadCatBounce

Been vaping for about 7 years a quite strong juice. Not a single wrinkle yet but I am only 35. How old were you when you used the oral pouches ?

aquila2009

I noticed I looked a lot older on tobacco too. I think it’s the constant cortisol with always having a lip in.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I believe people here are right about it being a dopamine issue - I realized I don't really get stressed being on a computer but I do get depressed after many hours - I'm starting Cypro soon to see if that works to keep up my dopamine

Last edited:

VonKeister

Nicotine increases cortisol, prolactin, serotonin, water retention, mimics acetylcholine, depletes vitamin A, lowers body temperature and androgens. These effects are dose-dependent. If you smoke it you'll have to deal with even more negatives due to the carbon monoxide and the added garbage in commercial cigarettes. It won't lower stress but the increased cortisol can help if the thyroid isn't working well.
It does more harm than good tbh, especially when one's metabolism is already good. Its laxative effect is probably the best thing about it. Cyproheptadine, aspirine, coffee, calcium, vitamin A, warmth and sunlight work well against nicotine's bad effects, though you won't feel anything from nicotine when using cyproheptadine.
Hookahs, vapes and snus have been the most addictive in my experience.

Last edited:

Xemnoraq

Nicotine increases cortisol, prolactin, serotonin, water retention, mimics acetylcholine, depletes vitamin A, lowers body temperature and androgens. These effects are dose-dependent. If you smoke it you'll have to deal with even more negatives due to the carbon monoxide and the added garbage in commercial cigarettes. It won't lower stress but the increased cortisol can help if the thyroid isn't working well.
It does more harm than good tbh, especially when one's metabolism is already good. Its laxative effect is probably the best thing about it. Cyproheptadine, aspirine, coffee, calcium, vitamin A, warmth and sunlight work well against nicotine's bad effects, though you won't feel anything from nicotine when using cyproheptadine.
Hookahs, vapes and snus have been the most addictive in my experience.
I think nicotine has some harmful effects in higher doses but both nicotine and cotinine in tobacco and other compounds are regarded as powerful aromatase inhibitors and have been shown to actually lower prolactin and estrogen even PTH as well, however the research seemsto be conflicting, ive seen studies that show both effects, we know the compounds in tobacco are powerful aromatase inhibitors and its been observed in various studies smokers tend to have on average higher androgen levels and lower prolactin, however in higher doses nicotine can be adrenergic so i wonder if its the dose that makes it good or not, i know Peat has spoken positively of it and Georgi too but they have emphasized that its benefits probably sit around 2-10mg daily or once in a while, nowhere near around the doses other people use, but even other multiple studies have shown people who smoke an average of 12-15 cigarettes a day tend to have much lower prolactin levels, so idk it seems hit or miss, i think there are benefits to be reaped but only if one is smart about it and cautious in avoiding overload and chemicals and toxins in cigarettes

ReSTART

I believe people here are right about it being a dopamine issue - I realized I don't really get stressed being on a computer but I do get depressed after many hours - I'm starting Cypro soon to see if that works to keep up my dopamine
cypro is literally a d3 receptor antagonist so good luck with that

Xemnoraq

cypro is literally a d3 receptor antagonist so good luck with that
Yeah i experienced that with cypro, it was nice at first then when it felt like dopamine lowered it wasnt fun, i was very lethargic And unmotivated life felt somewhat dull

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Man I just started taking Cypro today - this stuff is pretty powerful I am actually impressed - definitely is as strong as nicotine in terms of that stress-lowering effect - I've used a host of different supplements to lower serotonin and this is by far the strongest. For anyone chasing that nicotine feeling I would definitely give Cypro a try

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals