Myo-inositol For OCD

khan

Hello,
What you guys think about the use of myo-inositol for OCD?
@haidut please provide some insight as I don't want to go back to SSRIs. Thanks

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello,
What you guys think about the use of myo-inositol for OCD?
@haidut please provide some insight as I don't want to go back to SSRIs. Thanks

OCD is usually a low-dopamine issue. I don't know much about the effectiveness of inositol for that, but a dopaminergic agent should be helpful.

OP
K

khan

Have you investigated if cypro or tianeptine or theanine can be used for OCD? You could give them a try. Although be careful cypro can lower dopamine.
I have tried the compounds you mentioned and cyproheptadine is awesome. I have quit using it because of a fear that it might harm me in the long run. On cyproheptadine everything feels so good to me. Doctors are not prescribing me because of its unavailability in this country.They also say we don't use this for ocd. I would love to use it again but under the supervision of a doctor. I still have 2 boxes with me, which my friends brought me from Italy.

Makrosky

I have tried the compounds you mentioned and cyproheptadine is awesome. I have quit using it because of a fear that it might harm me in the long run. On cyproheptadine everything feels so good to me. Doctors are not prescribing me because of its unavailability in this country.They also say we don't use this for ocd. I would love to use it again but under the supervision of a doctor. I still have 2 boxes with me, which my friends brought me from Italy.
I understand your concerns about long term use. I don't know if cypro is safe or not for long term, but an untreated OCD is possibly worse in the long run than using cypro ? So if it works for you, I would keep taking it until you find a solution. No ?

The next question is : If cypro is working so good (stopping histamine+serotonin) then have you looked on other variables that might be raising these two NTs ? You know... endotoxin, blue light, not getting enough nutrition, allergens, not easily digestible food, stressful home/job, etc. ?

OP
K

khan

I understand your concerns about long term use. I don't know if cypro is safe or not for long term, but an untreated OCD is possibly worse in the long run than using cypro ? So if it works for you, I would keep taking it until you find a solution. No ?

The next question is : If cypro is working so good (stopping histamine+serotonin) then have you looked on other variables that might be raising these two NTs ? You know... endotoxin, blue light, not getting enough nutrition, allergens, not easily digestible food, stressful home/job, etc. ?
Yes I am thinking to use it again soon. A month ago my liver enzyme ALAT went high due to usage of amoxillin and PPI to 145 and after that I started to use anafranil antidepressants, ALAT levels further raised to 245. Rest of the liver parameters were fine. I am not using any medicine currently, waiting for ALAT to come down. Meanwhile I am using Thorne mk4 (1 mg everyday), 1 or 2 cups of coffee. You are right my serotonin, histamine must be high. Last year I checked my total IgE levels twice and it was in the range of 900 to 1000, it should be below 90.
I am aware of endotoxins, nutrition and other things, it becomes very difficult to manage or plan things when you have anxiety, especially of washing hands and contamination.

I used to use myo-inositol at very high doses (17 grams) to treat OCD. It was actually effective, but taking a dose that high was a pain. I'm surprised to not see more stuff about it on the Peat forum. I have heard that different entianomers of inositol might be more effective at smaller doses and even for other things than OCD, like metabolic syndrome.

Since I got more severely physically ill, with ME/CFS, I have had less OCD flareups as I simply dont usually have the energy to maintain the compulsions, etc, that constitute OCD. But I have noticed some mild symptoms a few times and it does/could get in the way of me resting, so even though its not my main problem, I would like to treat it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals