Difference between inositol vs inosine?

Bruna

Hello everyone,

I want to start using inosine, but I can't find a mixture that doesn't have some harmful excipient.
I found inositol, which looks clean, but I'm not sure inositol is a good choice. So my question is: what is the difference between inositol and inosine?

catharsis

Inositol is a type of sugar alcohol that helps with fluid regulation, while Inosine is type of nucleoside that modulates the immune system and increases ATP through the purine salvage pathway. Haidut has some good posts about inosine but I cannot say too much about the benefits of inositol...

Dr. B

Inositol is a type of sugar alcohol that helps with fluid regulation, while Inosine is type of nucleoside that modulates the immune system and increases ATP through the purine salvage pathway. Haidut has some good posts about inosine but I cannot say too much about the benefits of inositol...
doesnt inosine have some kidney stone risk or uric acid or something
also some claim creatine depletes it so you should take them together

OP
Bruna

Bruna

I remember reading that inosine can increase uric acid and can help with IQ and antioxidant status due to this...
yes... I also read somewhere. I want inosine mainly to increase mitochondrial biogenesis, oxidative respiration and decrease lactate/NO.

Dave Clark

In the studies I recall, uric acid levels were not raised until the participants used 3 grams/day of inosine. Also, I read that the more estrogen you have, the more uric acid gets cleared, possibly one reason why men have gout more than women. I suppose uric acid is good until it gets into a high range and starts accumulating in joints, kidneys, etc.

Dr. B

Do you have any sources to help understand the creatine-inosine connection?
no. apparently bodybuilders/fitness people dont think it matters, it was marketed years ago as being necessary to supplement if using creatine. bios3training youtuber made an inosine product for the same reason. i think inosine is found in meat and animal proteins like creatine, carnitine, carnosine, taurine, etc...

yes... I also read somewhere. I want inosine mainly to increase mitochondrial biogenesis, oxidative respiration and decrease lactate/NO.
inosine/inositol arent related i think inositol is included in some b vitamin supplement mixes, and i think its made from sugar or something

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals