My "immunity" to MDMA might be chronically high serotonin?

_lppaiva

So, maybe I might be a cool experiment for you all.

When I was younger my friends convinced me to try MDMA. My friends had more experience with it than me (and consequently more resistance). When I first tried it, I felt... Nothing. I tried it a total of 4 times, each time increasing the dosage, up to 180mg in a single go, sublingual (quicker absorption). I never felt anything. At first I thought it was just a shitty source, but I tried multiple sources, also most times we all took from the same one, yet it worked on everyone but me.

At first I thought it was fun, joked about being "immune" to a drug, but one day a friend suggested I might have high serotonin, so it just doesn't work because I can't raise it more. At the time I didn't think much of it, serotonin being the happy hormonal and all, but reading into Peat's work got me worried. I've had severe anxiety and ADHD since I was a child, and I have basically learned to deal with. I honestly can't even imagine my mind working any other way. The possibility I can live a life without these issues (something I never thought was possible), has made me make this post.

So my questions are:

1 - Is there a reliable way to measure my serotonin, directly or indirectly. Last case scenario would be diagnosing it with symptoms, but if I could I'd really like some values to work with, so I can track progress, even if it's something as simple as BP and Temperature. Blood serotonin isn't a good measure right?

2 - Any tips on lowering it specifically? Besides Peat's general recommendations for overall health, I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to target it specifically

P.S: This is just a theory. I know MDMA has numerous actions in the body just like any substance, and I'm not even sure if this is a measure of high serotonin. It was just something that was thrown around to me. But I'm open to hearing any alternative theories.

ThinPicking

Honestly any measure of serotonin is going to have almost nothing to do with this. If a result was "high" it would be symptomatic and not causative for the physiological issue leading to nonresponse.

If it wasn't for your attempt at a sublingual dose I'd say the issue was in your stomach or intestine. It still could be but it seems more likely to me you have some bigger issue with fluid dynamics. You can find quite a few studies on volume status for example affecting pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of drugs in strange ways.

If I were you I'd take it as a sign and let that be a good thing. MDMA although temptingly enjoyable isn't benign, the downside is high. You'll pay for it. And trying to chase a response could end very badly.

Treat your nonresponse in a more general and benign way. Pick a supplement you could feel, Taurine or a herbal concoction. Modify your dietary behaviour and see how it affects your perception of that thing.

ThinPicking

If there's a prescribed dose of a psychiatric that doesn't knock out the patient and could stop perception of 180mg MDMA I'll eat my hat.

Or a sublingual, which is liable to concentrate in the CNS in a fraction of the time.

OP
_lppaiva

_lppaiva

I’m assuming you are not on SSRIs or any other psychiatric drug?
No, never have.
If there's a prescribed dose of a psychiatric that doesn't knock out the patient and could stop perception of 180mg MDMA I'll eat my hat.

Or a sublingual, which is liable to concentrate in the CNS in a fraction of the time.
Don't know what to tell you, maybe it might have been a little less? I know I took a whole dose and the dose is usually 150-180mg where I live, with varying degrees of quality, plus some excipient and starch probably, so the dose of the active principle might have been less? I wouldn't say I took under 130-140mg though

With my friends, some worked, some didn't. I'm from a underdeveloped country, so quality is questionable and most of it is imported. I just know I'd take the same dose as everyone else, and it worked for them.

Plus, I researched s little and saw that 80-150 was a "safe dose", so I don't think it would be that unreasonable for it not work would it?

ThinPicking

Ah I see. Where you talk about "MDMA" in precise dosages that's possible to use sublingually I assume you're talking about an off grey or yellow crystalline powder weighed on milligram scales.

Everything else in your reply there is only more of a sign.

If I were you I'd take it as a sign and let that be a good thing. MDMA although temptingly enjoyable isn't benign, the downside is high. You'll pay for it. And trying to chase a response could end very badly.

Use RPF to get you and your friends feeling recreational without the drugs au naturel. At that point they'd work consistently anyway, assuming precision in product and dose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals