MEAT

iLoveSugar

Does meat make anyone else tired and depressed? I've tried balancing it with everything.

leo

Not tired or depressed, but I just don't find it that appetizing anymore and I used to be a real carnivore. Now I find it heavy. I'm finding fruit and milk to be quite appetizing now because I find it cool and fresh.

I've also noticed I don't crave salty things anymore. Maybe a little in the parmesan cheese to balance the sweetness of the fruits. But nothing like salted steak or anything.

Weird how these things change isn't it?

BingDing

I've always favored small amounts of meat, 1-2 oz, mixed into something else. Even a 6 oz steak gets tiresome halfway through. Dinner tonight was potato egg drop soup with 1.5 oz woodland pastured ham, 1/2 cup cooked rice, 1 tsp salt. 375 calories and 32g of protein. I think I should start eating that for breakfast. ;)

NooMoahk

I too have experienced a similar change. Eating the portions I used to(8-12 oz) is actually a bit uncomfortable and reminds me of how I felt as a child. Today 4 ounces of yak heart felt like a lot but this may change again. Salmon makes me feel WAY more lethargic than it did before peating, generally it didn't have that effect during my low carb higher pufa diet. Come to think of it.... I never did like salmon as a child. It smelled great but the taste was off putting... I only developed a liking for it eating that expensive smoked salmon my mom would get me as a treat. Now all meats just taste different, period.

Konabear

No wonder 4 oz of yak heart felt like a lot....it's YAK HEART. Lol. Sorry, but reading that just now made me laugh out loud. I'm afraid bison and lamb are about the extent of my new meat repertoire. I have an 'offal" lot to learn on this eating plan....but YAK heart? :P

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals