Removing Nitrates/Nitrites from Meat

Stifler

Hello all,

I find it difficult to get enough protein from dairy/ice cream alone with refraining from eating meat. I have an Anaphylactic reaction to sea food so unfortunately it isn't an option and I do have digestive issues consuming larger amounts of gelatin. I find it extremely difficult to locate a farmer near me to purchase meat before it's processed.

Does anyone have an effective way to minimize the damage of nitrates and nitrites in meat preservatives? I've seen a few articles on boiling the meat in water to remove it and also consuming it with Orange Juice on this forum to minimize damage. Any suggestions or success on how to minimize damage until I have my finances together to be able to afford a route to get really fresh meat would be really, really appreciated.

gaze

i'm confused, why do you have to eat cured meat? cant you just buy some ground beef or lean cuts from the grocery store?

OP
Stifler

Stifler

i'm confused, why do you have to eat cured meat? cant you just buy some ground beef or lean cuts from the grocery store?
I was led to believe ground beef has fillers/preservatives injected and lean cuts are free from preservatives? I had originally thought they go through that processing before being delivered to grocery stores/supermarkets. It looks like I may be misinformed, so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong

gaze

I was led to believe ground beef has fillers/preservatives injected and lean cuts are free from preservatives? I had originally thought they go through that processing before being delivered to grocery stores/supermarkets. It looks like I may be misinformed, so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong
they do have some bad stuff, like they're soaked in trisodium polyphosphate to increase water weight for example (im not sure exactly, but I think chicken is more likely to be soaked in it, however beef has some things added to it also before packaging). This can be a problem cause it gives you an excess of phosphate relative to calcium. As for as nitrates go however, those are usually only used in bacon, deli meats, sliced ham, etc. celery powder is used in beef jerky sometimes, which is basically the same thing as nitrate. nitrates and/or celery powder will usually be listen on the label.

OP
Stifler

Stifler

they do have some bad stuff, like they're soaked in trisodium polyphosphate to increase water weight for example (im not sure exactly, but I think chicken is more likely to be soaked in it, however beef has some things added to it also before packaging). This can be a problem cause it gives you an excess of phosphate relative to calcium. As for as nitrates go however, those are usually only used in bacon, deli meats, sliced ham, etc. celery powder is used in beef jerky sometimes, which is basically the same thing as nitrate. nitrates and/or celery powder will usually be listen on the label.
Ok thats actually really helpful, not sure how I didn't realize this before

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals