Lost My Taste For Meat

stargazer1111

I've noticed after Peating for years now that I just don't like meat at all anymore. If I try to eat it, I can barely get it down my throat. It's like my body is rejecting it.

I crave starch, sugar, and milk but very rarely meat.

I've started only eating meat if I really feel like it and that turns out to be almost never.

Anyone else lose their taste for or just quit eating meat altogether? I seem to be doing fine protein wise with about 2 quarts of sugared milk without the meat.

ursidae

this has been happening to me recently. I was a vegetarian for years, never had the taste for meat. Started eating it out of necessity as I can’t do dairy. It’s been so disgusting lately that I spit it out sometimes. I think it might be due to my antibiotic use but I’ve also read it’s a preference influenced by the amount of stomach acid you produce

nomoreketones

One possibility is that if you don't have a taste for meat then all your protein needs have been met and your body doesn't need any more protein.

gately

Hair analysis practitioners often say copper toxic patients feel worse when they eat red meat because it causes copper to dump into the bloodstream, and thus they don't crave it. (They just need to persist, is the idea. Who knows what level of truth is there?)

But that doesn't necessarily explain having no taste for meat at all.

I strongly believe gut bacteria has a role in this, which I suppose is stating the obvious. I have always craved chicken and fish and goat dairy, protein sources I digested well, and always forced myself to eat red meats for health reasons, which never made me feel good, and then last year I did Carnivore for a while, where I mostly forced myself to eat ONLY beef (horrible experiment btw) and I suppose something shifted in my gut biome...because now, over a year off Carnivore, and I crave beef and lamb every day and they make me feel good.

michael94

Hair analysis practitioners often say copper toxic patients feel worse when they eat red meat because it causes copper to dump into the bloodstream, and thus they don't crave it. (They just need to persist, is the idea. Who knows what level of truth is there?)

I strongly believe gut bacteria has a role in this, which I suppose is stating the obvious. I have always craved chicken and fish and goat dairy, protein sources I digested well, and always forced myself to eat red meats for health reasons, which never made me feel good, and then last year I did Carnivore for a while, where I mostly forced myself to eat ONLY beef (horrible experiment btw) and I suppose something shifted in my gut biome...because now, over a year off Carnivore, and I crave beef and lamb every day and they make me feel good.
maybe copper "toxic" individuals process carbohydrates better and have less need for meat

I believe that we have food addictions and memories of addicts and delude ourselves into comfort eating, intuitive eating, the 'cravings', and that meat and animal produce is the most appropriate thing.

Jessie

I'm the opposite in this regard. Fatty steak has always been one of my favorite foods. Sugar is a take it or leave it thing for me, put a grilled rib-eye steak in front of me and I'm gonna scoff it down, lol. Probably why keto was always super easy for me.

Generally though I only eat a steak once or twice a month now. Just too much fat, tryptophan, and methonine in it for regular consumption. Eggs, dairy, and gelatin are the only proteins I eat daily. Oysters, liver, and lean hamburger weekly.

Could iron toxicity explain his symptoms?

gabys225

I lost my taste for meat last year, and have lost it a few times since. It always comes when I am not diligent enough with my calcium rich food consumption.

lvysaur

and then last year I did Carnivore for a while, where I mostly forced myself to eat ONLY beef (horrible experiment btw) and I suppose something shifted in my gut biome...because now, over a year off Carnivore, and I crave beef and lamb every day
How long were you on carnivore?

gately

Could you explain the difference in significance between heme and non-heme iron excess and why it should not matter at all like copper might?
I’m saying iron excess could potentially be a reason, just that it’s unlikely. It’s not like people with hemochromatosis or other forms of iron overload suddenly stop craving meat...because they do. So, beyond the fact that OP’s diet is likely low in iron, it seems unlikely iron overload is the cause of OP’s lack of taste for meat.

gately

How long were you on carnivore?
On and off for a couple of months. I could never go more than 2 weeks straight because I’d get horrendous symptoms: chest pains, nerve pains, insomnia, my skin dried up completely, eye pains, zero libido. It did marvelous things for my Crohn’s though. It’s a shame it didn’t work for me.

Woah, non-native speaker, explain thyself! Is meat eating the delusion according to you or non-meat eating?

Wow, i recognized that it is weirdly written and now I have to pay the price! What i actually wanted to say is that consumption of animalproduce is indeed the right thing to do and that abstinence from it is the takeover of delusional comfort eating, Death Drive.

Wow, i recognized that it is weirdly written and now I have to pay the price! What i actually wanted to say is that consumption of animalproduce is indeed the right thing to do and that abstinence from it is the takeover of delusional comfort eating, Death Drive.

You must know I was not attempting to be antagonistic. In the past we identified you as the salt troll, but by now you've proven yourself a member with as of yet (in my view) unsurpassed value.

You must know I was not attempting to be antagonistic. In the past we identified you as the salt troll, but by now you've proven yourself a member with as of yet (in my view) unsurpassed value.

I know. Everything is fine. Much Thx for the nice words =]]

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals