my meat consumption

mamaherrera

I'm going to leave the gelatin for a few days (I feel bad because I don't want any more white hair from meat protein not balanced out by gelatin) but anyways. . . . My questions:
what kinds of meat cuts are not muscle meat, I mean if I go into the meat market what do I ask for that is not from muscle???

2) Why does everyone say not to have meat with fruit??? and if it's truly bad, what are some options??? Corn tortillas, potatoes?? what if I'm avoiding starch because I want to lean out.

3) And finally, if I"m trying to make up for my gelatin protein with meat, how do I keep my fat total low?? With two eggs, coconut oil and a meat cut. . . . it's hard to keep fat under 50 grams. What is a girl to do?

loess

mamaherrera said:
I'm going to leave the gelatin for a few days (I feel bad because I don't want any more white hair from meat protein not balanced out by gelatin) but anyways. . . . My questions:
what kinds of meat cuts are not muscle meat, I mean if I go into the meat market what do I ask for that is not from muscle???
Anything with a bone in it is great. Shank, oxtail, shoulder chop are a few that are pretty easy to come by. You can also sometimes find beef tendons and make broth with them to get gelatin that way.

2) Why does everyone say not to have meat with fruit??? and if it's truly bad, what are some options??? Corn tortillas, potatoes?? what if I'm avoiding starch because I want to lean out
It's not necessarily bad, but the main reason is that Vitamin C tends to increase absorption of iron. Peat is not terribly fond of high levels of iron. Potatoes are great if you tolerate starches but since you are avoiding them you could go with honey or white sugar. I usually have honey mixed in with a cup of coffee when I eat meat or liver.

3) And finally, if I"m trying to make up for my gelatin protein with meat, how do I keep my fat total low?? With two eggs, coconut oil and a meat cut. . . . it's hard to keep fat under 50 grams. What is a girl to do?
Depending on the cut, you can kind of "eat around" the fat or scrape most of it off. Another way to increase protein without fat would be homemade farmers cheese which has very little fat, it is almost pure protein. Lately I am eating a lot of farmers cheese as the main source of my protein. When you make it you lose a lot of the calcium in the discarded whey so I supplement with eggshell calcium.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals