Low COMT And Histamines

June

Hi I am new here and my recent tests show I have low/slow COMT. I have a lot of inflammation/allergy/mucus issues due to fragile health and supposedly I need to stay away from Quercetin and curcumin/turmeric. I’m not 100% sure if vitamin C will increase dopamine levels but I heard vitamin C can be good for allergies. Then there are conflicting articles about vitamin C not being a good option. I will soon incorporate magnesium, B6, B12, K2, fish oil into my regimen. Anyone knowledgeable on gene mutations? This is all very confusing for me.

OP
J

June

Last edited:

Mito

Update: It seems the article explains how fish oil can have a negative impact. I wonder if it would be helpful to take it sparingly. I was hoping it would eliminate the effects of cramps during my monthly cycle.
Ray Peat doesn’t believe the “essential fatty acids” ω−3 (fish oil) and ω−6, are essential. In fact he believes they are harmful and should be avoided as much as possible.

fradon

Hi I am new here and my recent tests show I have low/slow COMT. I have a lot of inflammation/allergy/mucus issues due to fragile health and supposedly I need to stay away from Quercetin and curcumin/turmeric. I’m not 100% sure if vitamin C will increase dopamine levels but I heard vitamin C can be good for allergies. Then there are conflicting articles about vitamin C not being a good option. I will soon incorporate magnesium, B6, B12, K2, fish oil into my regimen. Anyone knowledgeable on gene mutations? This is all very confusing for me.

just saw a video on this allergies can be a result of low vitamin A

OP
J

June

Wow I never got the notification for these replies. Thanks everyone!

Mito- This is really interesting news since fish oils have been all the rage for brain health.

Lynne- I had to look up PUFA. So you consumed a low amount?

Fradon- As a matter of fact, I am vitamin A deficit among other deficiencies. This was really helpful. If I wasn't allergic(the irony) to cod liver oil, I'd take that.

What I didn't mention above is that I endured 4.5 years of healing from benzo withdrawals and as a result my body started to fail on me. It caused my histamine issues and I was hoping that fish oils would help nourish and balance my brain.

Last edited:
OP
J

June

@June is there an update on your health status? What have you found to raise your low COMT?
I'll be honest. I had no idea how much my health was going to suffer after I wrote my initial post. At the time, as if 4.5 years of benzo withdrawals and being floxed already wasn't bad enough. All I know is that my body takes EXTREMELY long to heal after the damage done. But what I did come across is that I was poisoned by taking some sulfuric glutathione. After that, I didn't know I was intolerant to sulfur. I was trying to heal my gut but didn't realize there was a certain SIBO that I needed to investigate, H2S SIBO. So at the moment I am addressing that and seeing very small improvements. This is going to be one long healing journey and I need to do a lot of gut clean up. Sorry if this isn't too helpful regarding the COMT mutation.

Israelibacon

Don't be sorry at all. Thank you for your update.
Have you tried oregano oil with a high carvacrol content for the SIBO?

OP
J

June

Don't be sorry at all. Thank you for your update.
Have you tried oregano oil with a high carvacrol content for the SIBO?
I actually did. One called Biotics ADP. It made things better and then it went downhill. I think the problem is I have very high histamine and Mast cell activation. So anything I do to eradicate bugs in gut can potentially worsen things temporarily to an extreme. I did a week of Bismuth Subgallate to pull sulfur out and my stool turned beyond black. I'm currently trying Black seed oil and at 1 teaspoon, I have an uptick in spinal pain and the surrounding muscles. My detox functions are definitely compromised.

Israelibacon

I actually did. One called Biotics ADP. It made things better and then it went downhill. I think the problem is I have very high histamine and Mast cell activation. So anything I do to eradicate bugs in gut can potentially worsen things temporarily to an extreme. I did a week of Bismuth Subgallate to pull sulfur out and my stool turned beyond black. I'm currently trying Black seed oil and at 1 teaspoon, I have an uptick in spinal pain and the surrounding muscles. My detox functions are definitely compromised.

Have you considered a short round of high dose Vitamin C therapy? Something like 1g every 2-3 hours.
This might help you clear out the high histamine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals