Aleksandr

What you mention here are finer points which I was attempting to get answers to early on in the process, and unfortunately was left with only theoretical possibilities, no certainties. Because it is a poorly experimentally studied area. Lot of people have theories however. And I am not familiar with Karen's yet though will try and find more.

So like do we eat high fat, stimulate our toxic bile release, and eat that with a lot of fibre to try and get rid of it?. or do we separate fat and fibre, and eat fibre on its own? Or something else?

The hormones thing added in makes it even more complicated .

I found a study which showed people released bile JUST from drinking water, but they didn't have gall bladders. And another study carefully detailing every constituent of bile, down to the hormones.

Basically it was a bit of a weak area of research.

What I do know is bile is 95% water, or more, and less than 1% fat... We don't need fat to produce or release it , certainly not if we are eating plenty protein.

So ultimately we are reliant on people accurately reporting what they are doing, and how, and what results they had, then personally trying to apply it to ourselves and learning from trial and error, not being too quick to form conclusions based our first assumption.

I for example I am eating fruit on its own, before a meal, never after. Then a meal looks like: 5% beef steak mince and beans eaten together.... Then white or brown rice parboiled and water discarded to remove arsenic. I am doing this because I get minimal wind or bloat.

I don't get bored of this and it's just a start while I figure out recipes and safe additives, as I also have a sensitivity to headaches to deal with.

Different beans add variety. Pinto, black eye, black, kidney, white kidney etc..

Surprisingly now i can maintain my weight with just the low fat beef and rice.... 600g beef, approx 500g rice ( dry weight before cooking) , along with some fruit, is all it takes spread out into 3 meals a day.
Thanks for sharing and interesting thoughts.

Btw Karen is saying to have the fats seperate to the soluble fibre in her video, else the fibre binds to the fats you've eaten (rather than what's in the bile)

I might try a nut butter away from soluble fibre myself for a week and see how that affects me.

Peater

Thanks for sharing and interesting thoughts.

Btw Karen is saying to have the fats seperate to the soluble fibre in her video, else the fibre binds to the fats you've eaten (rather than what's in the bile)

I might try a nut butter away from soluble fibre myself for a week and see how that affects me.
On that basis then, having beef and beans isn't going to work as the fat in the beef will bind to the fibre.

DanDare

Forum Supporter

I see, I don't know how she quantities this, but the experiment might be to switch the beans from combined with the beef to combined with my rice instead. I will try it and see what happens.

A theoretically there are a few possibilities I can think of:

The fat is indeed being absorbed by the soluble fibre and blocking it from absorbing the (toxic) bile..

Or

The fat is stimulating more bile release and so aiding the soluble fibre in trapping the toxins ( dissolved in the fat)

Or a bit of both of the above...

In either scenario it seems adding more fibre should theoretically be good.

Need an experiment to figure this one out I feel. Does she have direct evidence of this approach ? How theoretical is her theory on this ?... If you know what I mean... 🤣

I have seen good results so far ( detailed in my log) by my current approach, but I am always up for optimizing further. 👍

shepherdgirl

Coconut oil as a protective carrier of dietary vitamin A fed to ruminants

Abstract​

Safflower and coconut oil were compared as protective carriers of dietary vitamin A supplemented to abomasally cannulated sheep. Vitamin A, 240,000 I.U., was predissolved in 11.7 g of safflower or coconut oil and bolused directly into the rumen of mature wethers along with 4 g of chromic oxide. The vitamin A was pre-dissolved in 0, 11.7, 23.4 or 35.0 g of coconut oil in experiment 2. Determination of carrier oil protectiveness of solubilized dietary vitamin A was based on recoveries of vitamin A supplement and chromic oxide in abomasal digesta 24 h post dosage. Vitamin A recoveries were significantly higher (P < 0.05) when dissolved in coconut oil (55.6%) compared to safflower oil (35.5%). Recoveries of vitamin A in abomasal digesta increased linearly (P < 0.01) with the amount of carrier coconut oil in experiment 2. Results of these experiments support the potential use of coconut oil as a protective carrier of ruminal labile vitamin A.
Ok, admittedly I know nothing about cow digestion. But if the vitamin A in the CO made it through 3 stomachs, and was still found in the last one, could that possibly mean that the cow digested less A when it was dissolved in CO and more A when it was dissolved in safflower? Or am I missing something?

OP
Apple

Apple

Ok, admittedly I know nothing about cow digestion. But if the vitamin A in the CO made it through 3 stomachs, and was still found in the last one, could that possibly mean that the cow digested less A when it was dissolved in CO and more A when it was dissolved in safflower? Or am I missing something?
The abomasum secretes digestive enzymes which prepare digesta for absorption in the small intestines.
So vit A was somehow degraded in other oils, I also read that unsaturated fats destroy vit A

Aleksandr

On that basis then, having beef and beans isn't going to work as the fat in the beef will bind to the fibre.
Hmm, i guess it depends on how much too. We're getting the low fat beef generally doing the low A diet. Although i'm adding a little olive oil too to cook it in.

I've been having oats and banana for my breakfast meal, at least thats some soluble fibre without fats. Although by doing that i'm probably absorbing less protein since i'm only having meat in two meals rather than three. Theres also the factor of taste, for example i don't think i could eat the rice on its own like @DanDare . I like mixing it all together, and probably just eating something sustainably for the long term matters the most. Its worked for Grant anyway this approach.

Peater

Hmm, i guess it depends on how much too. We're getting the low fat beef generally doing the low A diet. Although i'm adding a little olive oil too to cook it in.

I've been having oats and banana for my breakfast meal, at least thats some soluble fibre without fats. Although by doing that i'm probably absorbing less protein since i'm only having meat in two meals rather than three. Theres also the factor of taste, for example i don't think i could eat the rice on its own like @DanDare . I like mixing it all together, and probably just eating something sustainably for the long term matters the most. Its worked for Grant anyway this approach.
Yes I use 5% fat beef too when I cook it (It isn't every day). Porridge made with just oats, water, salt and a little sodium bicarbonate so like you I should get plenty of soluble fibre that way.

DanDare

Forum Supporter

Basmati brown rice cooked well is great on its own and I look forward to that. White is a little bland so I add honey to look forward to that too. A bit or of salt helps too.

OliviaD

Here you go. Garrett Smith prefers sunflower oil , #ggenereux claims that coconut oil is no good because it delivers vit A all around your system and now biochemist Karen Hurd calls it coconut fad . Who would think...

Mitochondria converts saturated fat into unsaturated fat through the beta oxidation cycle , 6 step process, within which you create free-radical damage , that is radical oxidative species which damage your DNA within cells . Now you know why you have aging , gray hair , cancer ...
We alter our DNA because we have these free radicals because we had to turn bad fat (saturated) into a good fat (unsaturated)...

starting on 1:21:31

View: https://youtu.be/haVM_q-uDrI?si=oDQdE8CY2SZyvMmX&t=4891

In This Episode they Talk About:

• Lacy’s health journey
  • How she found out about Karen Hurd’s protocol
  • What she loves about Karen’s protocol
  • Lacy’s personal improvements since starting this protocol
  • Karen’s personal experience that led her to the discovery/development of her protocol
  • The pushback she received from the medical community during her daughter’s illness
  • Her daughter’s healing with soluble fiber
  • How this experience led her to start nutritional training and her education in biochemistry
  • The liver’s role in clearing toxins from the body
  • Where we absorb fats in our body and why it worked against Ruth’s situation
  • Why beans are the solution and how they help remove toxins
  • Common problems with the thyroid and things that contribute to them
  • Top issues with the GI tract and what contributes to them
  • The accessibility of Karen’s courses
  • Auto-immune dysfunctions as a scapegoat
  • Karen’s thoughts on Lyme disease and how you can develop your own immunity
  • Adverse effects of sugar and caffeine that people may not realize
  • Some common neurological issues and brain chemistry
  • Issues that contribute to diabetes and how it can be reversed or controlled with protocol
  • Unexplained infertility and the factors that contribute to the ripeness of the eggs
  • What’s happening with PCOS and endometriosis
  • Supplements as cellular mediators, and how they can be problematic
  • Gene mutations and environmental factors
  • How carbon and hydrogen bond to form saturated or unsaturated fats
  • Different types of oils and which are best for you
  • How blue light and exercise can have adverse effects on your system
  • What contributes to aging and how we can reverse the aging process
  • Using oil as a substitute for nuts if you have a food allergy
  • Acne is a soluble fiber issue
  • What causes facial hair for women
  • A separate protocol for your lymph system and immune system
  • Some signs that the protocol is working and things are improving
  • The courses Karen has available and what’s coming out in the future
  • Why we have to be in the process for the long game

Yikes - this is a typical example of someone who has a little correct.. i.e some basic facts; but no great understanding and is spinning a whole bunch of hogwash which I call marketing.

OP
Apple

Apple

where did you read that last proposition?
I was probably reffering to my older posting abount rancid oils.
"Rancid fats were found to destroy pure carotene and vitamin A or precursors thereof as contained in halibut liver oil, egg yolk, or alfalfa. Ozonized fats and palmitic peroxide also destroyed vitamin A."
Rancid fats were found to destroy pure carotene and vitamin A.
Fats which had been heated at such temperatures as are frequently used in cooking were found to destroy vitamin A to some extent.

Vitamin A was not destroyed when given to rats on an empty stomach even though they were being maintained on a ration rich in rancid fat.
Peroxides of rancid fats were stable for as long as 4 hours in the stomach, and destruction occurred when vitamin A and rancid fat were combined here

Anyone tried this "non-peaty" approach to limit vit A?
The author thinks that actual destruction of vitamin-A is caused by oxidation brought about by the peroxides present in the rancid fat.
Rancidity is frequently quantitated in terms of the peroxide value of fats.
Destruction also happens to vit E and Bs if you consume rancid fats.
It makes me think that vit A is an antioxidant (same as vit E and Bs) towards rancid oils.

But there is smth malicious about vit A and D. Both of them are capable of pulling calcium from bones and cause arthritis. There are studies that babies overfed with vit A had bulging fontanels (hydrocephalus) and weak bones. I believe it can be related to horseshoe MPB in adults.
As I mentioned earlier I saw a reversing of grey hair while eating carrot salad daily.

As for reduction of vit A in cow abomasal digesta , it could be due to bacteria. Coconut oil protected vit A because of its antimicrobial properties. Just speculating here.

OP
Apple

Apple

1:32:00
"Sugar converts into saturated fat.." which is bad
She reversed her gray hair by restricting saturated fats and eating good oils - Olive oil, safflower oil, grapeseed oil, avocado.
She eats cup and a half of nuts a day ... salted in order to help and break those double bonds in fats.

She is smart
I know I know ... the whole idea is just too hurting to hear to a true petarian . 😭
I think Karen Hurd knows more about biochemistry than we think.
Why and how would salt break double bonds in PUFAs ?
I guess she forgot to mention the role of iodine ( iodized salt) .
It explains why people achieve good health while eating fish despite PUFAs.

1718813357315.png

1718813479479.png

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals