Joe Rogan “. So Cortisol Or Stress Can Make You Fat” ?

vCity

I find it interesting he says the primary way to lower insulin is to fast and not to increase insulin sensitivity. Then you might actually get to the root of the problem and recognize the role Free Fatty Acids and PUFA play in all this.

He emphasizes lowering carbohydrates and fasting to lower insulin to lose body fat, but then in the next breath says that cortisol is a primary driver of fat gain. I'm wondering where the disconnect is in his head. We know that carbohydrates lower cortisol, we know that insulin sensitivity is primarily driven by excess free fatty acids, and we know that fasting raises cortisol and adrenaline which in turn release fatty acids. So how does he come to the conclusion that the best thing to do is to not eat and limit carbohydrate?

tankasnowgod

I find it interesting he says the primary way to lower insulin is to fast and not to increase insulin sensitivity. Then you might actually get to the root of the problem and recognize the role Free Fatty Acids and PUFA play in all this.

He emphasizes lowering carbohydrates and fasting to lower insulin to lose body fat, but then in the next breath says that cortisol is a primary driver of fat gain. I'm wondering where the disconnect is in his head. We know that carbohydrates lower cortisol, we know that insulin sensitivity is primarily driven by excess free fatty acids, and we know that fasting raises cortisol and adrenaline which in turn release fatty acids. So how does he come to the conclusion that the best thing to do is to not eat and limit carbohydrate?

There are disconnects everywhere in nutrition and medicine. It's known that salt (specifically sodium) lowers aldosterone. The best class of blood pressure lowering medications are ACE inhibitors, that work by...... lowering aldosterone. Yet there is myth out there that eating more sodium will somehow raise blood pressure in the long term, despite the fact that it has the exact same mechanism of action as the most popular BP lowering drugs.

SuperStressed

There are disconnects everywhere in nutrition and medicine. It's known that salt (specifically sodium) lowers aldosterone. The best class of blood pressure lowering medications are ACE inhibitors, that work by...... lowering aldosterone. Yet there is myth out there that eating more sodium will somehow raise blood pressure in the long term, despite the fact that it has the exact same mechanism of action as the most popular BP lowering drugs.
And in the 'anti-aging' world they see low aldosterone as a bad thing and prescribe florinef or bio identitical aldosterone.....any excuse to get a patient paying for a recurring prescription.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals