Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Have you tried making a veggie broth with tons of greens (not Brassicas) and drinking that for the extra nutrients? I’ve not seen much if your thread, but if you can handle gelatine then you can add that to the warm broth

Also could add potato juice for more easily-digested proteins
Thanks for the suggestions, @aquaman! :)

I juice celery and make an herbal concentrate from horsetail and nettles — it's so concentrated it's almost black in color — for extra minerals. I also take a bunch of herbal tinctures and I'm slowly working on upping my baby greens intake so I get extra nutrients from that, as well. I make a mushroom broth for the protein, but I'm going to try quail eggs raw like Antonello suggested because my back pain returns with cooked food.

Cirion

I find I react to beef a lot better if it is served basically almost Tartare (raw). I don't eat it completely raw, but I mostly only cook the ends and leave the center raw-ish. I think it tastes better this way too. I hate the taste of overly cooked meat now.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I find I react to beef a lot better if it is served basically almost Tartare (raw). I don't eat it completely raw, but I mostly only cook the ends and leave the center raw-ish. I think it tastes better this way too. I hate the taste of overly cooked meat now.
Huh, so it's not just me then. This gives me hope that I'll react much better to the eggs raw. Thanks for sharing your experience, Cirion. :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Me too.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Oh, wow! Good to know. Thanks for sharing, Blossom! :)
You’re welcome. I appreciate that you’ve kept up your log. I abandoned mine long, long ago. It’s been quite the journey for us all !!!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

You’re welcome. I appreciate that you’ve kept up your log. I abandoned mine long, long ago. It’s been quite the journey for us all !!!
It sure has! No pressure, but if you're ever inspired to update your log, I'd be very excited to read about your progress. :)

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

It's good you could return to your old diet and get back to your previous level of health. It means you have a good dietary baseline from which to experiment.

Caffeine, theobromine and theophylline are all vasodilators, but I seem to end up worse off after they wear off.

A bit like amphetamines. It may borrow health from the future!

It could be that caffeine exhausts the adrenals as you say! Or maybe it overstresses the bronchi directly!

Thanks for your respiratory suggestions.

I used to eat peppermint chocolate, but since I am avoiding chocolate I will try mints with 0.1% peppermint oil.

Ginger is an ingredient of my Sharwood's hot mango chutney so I am getting some ginger already.

Sharwoods - Mango & Ginger Chutney

All the same, I will try adding some candied ginger (half ginger half sugar) to increase intake!

So far I am only getting a little wheezing which clears when I cough! :)

Not sure if butter also gives me asthmatic symptoms. I might reintroduce lemon meringue pie in the future. That has butter in the crust and lemon curd. Butter shouldn't have many dairy proteins in it, but it may have some fat soluble hormones!

I am also trialling no OJ. It seems to be a bit harsh on my teeth and I wonder if it is causing excess liquid in the ears...!!

Not very Peaty if I reject dairy, potatoes, carrot salad, caffeine and OJ!

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Yeah, I'm definitely thankful for that. And with the thyroid and adrenal formulas and extra nutrition from the herbal concentrate, celery juice etc., I'll hopefully not only keep my oral health but also improve my bone health.

Yay! I'm glad to hear that the wheezing has improved! It seems you've figured out a trigger.

Oh, yeah! The Sharwood's mango chutney — a favorite of yours. :) What do you have it with? Chicken? I want to try making it, though, I'm not sure what I'd put it with — maybe coconut, avocado or the lettuce wraps?

The mints and candied ginger are a great idea! I had a friend suggest the Chimes brand once. I recall they had mango, orange, and peppermint flavors, which I thought sounded pretty yummy at the time.

Lemon meringue pie would definitely be a delicious way to experiment with butter. Do you tolerate eggs okay — you once mentioned that they seemed to worsen your cough one morning after having them?

You're honoring your experience and not just blindly following. I can't think of anything more Peaty than that. :)

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

@Antonello — I tried it (NDT — WP thyroid) for about a year or so back in 2015 (?) and developed heart palpitations and really bad anxiety attacks while on it, but I had low cholesterol at the time and when I contacted Ray he told me:

"When your cholesterol is so low, your body can't respond fully to a thyroid supplement. Thyroid should cause the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA, and the other neurosteroids, but when cholesterol is too low it just increases stress hormones instead."

I later came across where he had said cholesterol of 145 points to adrenal failure, or something like that, and mine was 147 at the time. Mine was 145 on my latest blood test so I went back on Dr. Morse's thyroid and adrenal formulas.

lampofred

@Antonello — I tried it (NDT — WP thyroid) for about a year or so back in 2015 (?) and developed heart palpitations and really bad anxiety attacks while on it, but I had low cholesterol at the time and when I contacted Ray he told me:

"When your cholesterol is so low, your body can't respond fully to a thyroid supplement. Thyroid should cause the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA, and the other neurosteroids, but when cholesterol is too low it just increases stress hormones instead."

I later came across where he had said cholesterol of 145 points to adrenal failure, or something like that, and mine was 147 at the time. Mine was 145 on my latest blood test so I went back on Dr. Morse's thyroid and adrenal formulas.

Did those formulas help you raise your cholesterol? Mine was 123 several months ago and I'm sure it's even lower now because I've started using thyroid.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Did those formulas help you raise your cholesterol? Mine was 123 several months ago and I'm sure it's even lower now because I've started using thyroid.
I don't have another blood test scheduled until August so I won't know until then but the last time I was taking them, my blood work was perfect, unlike prior to taking them. However, I had stopped Peating and was on a fruitarian diet at the time so that likely was a factor.

Do you have any digestive issues? Ray told me that intestinal irritation can cause low cholesterol and I was dealing with gastritis at the time due to dairy. He recommended carbohydrates to raise it so I quit dairy and ate mainly fruit and honey and by my next blood test a month or so later, my cholesterol was 178.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

@Antonello — No, I was able to raise my blood pressure and get my kidneys filtering through diet, herbs and daily intermittent dry fasting alone. Had I not, I would of done a glandular — the Ancestral Supplements brand. I do know of people who struggled to get their kidneys filtering and found it took kidney and adrenal glandulars to finally see sediment. However, they never mentioned if their diastolic BP was low or not prior to taking the glandulars — I'm not sure if it's advised to take a kidney glandular when the diastolic is above 70. If I'm not mistaken, Dr. Morse doesn't advise an adrenal glandular when the systolic is above 120, and he said in a recent video that a systolic of 110 can be addressed with herbs.

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

How are things? Did you get that blood test you mentioned? Are you still going well on herbs and fruit?

I have been trying a low retinoid and low carotenoid diet which is fun, but my mouth ulcers came back on fruit, beef and potatoes! Low oxalates wasn't the key after all!

However I find that my mouth ulcers go away when I eat a little bread! I wonder if it is balancing lysine from beef with arginine from wheat...? Maybe beef and rice would work too! (Potato like beef has more lysine than arginine). Maybe beef and sultanas would also work, as sultanas are higher in arginine than lysine. Lots to try!

Anyway, I am still avoiding dairy which means no sore throats and coughing.

I am also still avoiding coffee, tea and chocolate which means no wheezing at 5am, which is good news!

I sort of think these discoveries are cumulative, so I get compound interest on each improvement!

Of course errors compound in the opposite direction, so I need to watch out for those too!

I am off butter and eggs for the time being, but olive oil and balsamic vinegar are on the ok list!

Any updates on moving south, or do you think you would miss your neighborhood deers too much?

Winter is coming to an end here. I smelled some early flowering shrubs today!

Cheers for now!

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie, :wave:

I hit a rough patch, but I'm doing better now. Thanks for asking. :) I had to start eating meat again because I found myself getting really lightheaded and spacey and noticed my blood pressure was dropping low — waking BP was in the low 90s/low 50s and low 100s/low 60s by evening.

My blood work showed my thyroid continuing to worsen and I had developed some severe deficiencies so I started high dose supplementation and eating specific foods to raise my B12, D3 and vitamin A levels and things are improving. I can even eat foods I couldn't before, such as starch.

The majority of my calories still come from sweet fruit with the occasional starchy fruit like kabocha squash, but I make sure to eat animal protein daily — scallops, crab, clams, oysters, eggs and lean meat. I prefer meat to be sweet so I typically roast it in a glaze of fruit molasses and spices.

Other than that, I still consume the young Thai coconut meat and water, and supplement with the horsetail/nettles concentrate for calcium/minerals and the chamomile tincture right before I eat (to relax my nerves so I digest my food better) and for when I wake up during the night.

I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling with the mouth ulcers but glad that you've figured out a little bread prevents them, and what triggers the sore throat, coughing and early morning wheezing. Bread seems like pretty tasty preventative medicine. :) Are you looking forward to the spring?

I've been keeping track of properties here along the seacoast and also the Lakes Region on Winnipesaukee. I liked Tybee because it reminded me of the beach here and figured if I spend the summer at the beach or lake, it will get me through the New England winters but allow me to stay close to family. I mainly just want to be close to loved ones and have an expansive view of water and the stars at night.

Take care! :)

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

I should probably get a blood test some day! Who knows what mess I've gotten myself into!

A few might argue that a low vitamin A serum count is a good thing, but low blood pressure might be a worry! Also low b12 can cause balance issues. It used to be common for doctors to give b12 injections, I've heard.

Did you get much sun this summer? Were you surprised your vitamin D was low? Those fat soluble vitamins are a mystery!

It sounds like you are coping well on your new diet.

I have been eating about 125g of lamb or beef each day. Not sure if that is too low. I switched my beloved tomato ketchup for a Dutch brand of stewed apple to keep the carotenoids low! I also like sweet sauces with meat!

I have also been having some prawn sushi and salmon sushi which is quite filling!

Spring officially starts on 1st September here. That seems to be the time when things warm up a little and the wattle trees bloom. It is a nice time of year. July and August are the cold months, but they are nothing compared to the winter I once spent in Europe!

Lake and sea views sound nice. If you won the lottery you could buy both!

Or maybe fly south every winter!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

If you feel you would gain better insight or in the very least some peace of mind by getting blood work, I think it's worth having it done. Even though it isn't always an accurate reflection of what's taking place in the body, I still think it's helpful and get it routinely.

Yeah, I've seen that being argued and Dr. Morse argues that it's due to the adrenals. All I know is my levels flat lined and I was in a lot of pain, suffering many of the symptoms I had during the time I fractured. I even lost a piece of a molar while brushing my teeth.

I had been getting sun all spring and summer long, but my D level kept coming back lower and lower on blood tests. I'm getting my A from food sources and supplementing the B12 and D3 until I get my levels up, but I suspect I'll need the D3 during the winter.

Do you feel well on that amount of meat — that's probably a good gauge? It's too bad about the ketchup, but the stewed apples sound yummy! I've been making teriyaki, sweet and savory meatballs, sloppy joes, sweet and sour kielbasa with pineapples and cherries, maple glazed chicken...I've been spending time on cooking forums. lol

I can imagine! Your winters would probably feel like the Bahamas to me. lol

Haha! True. If I won the lottery, I would pick the sea over the lake and stay in Kona during the winter.

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

Those sloppy joes look fun! They aren't available in any cafés or restaurants here. We do have hamburgers so I can imagine most Australians getting a shock finding meat falling out of their hamburger buns!

I tend to prefer lamb and beef chops as they are less processed than mince or sausages though anything is possible with meat glue!

I may have already mentioned that our chicken processors make enormous, flat, heart-shaped chicken fillets called schnitzels! Maybe if you slice a chicken in just the right way you could create one, but I suspect that meat glue is responsible for these poultry symbols of love! They are commonly available here in pub food covered in cheese and a tomato and green pepper sauce in a dish known as chicken parmigiana or just 'a parma' for short, though I've read that the original Italian dish had eggplant!

Anyway I can understand that processed meat may be easier to approach and digest. Maybe a little meat can restore bones and teeth. There may be active components in meat that have not yet been isolated!

Sweet and sour kielbasa with pineapple and cherries sounds delicious! Is that your invention? Could be an idea for a new food truck franchise!$!$!

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals