Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Haha! They'd probably also be shocked to eat it sans bun like I do. Even stranger is I eat it in butter lettuce cups. lol

Thanks for the suggestion! My mum used to make schnitzel when I was little. She used a meat mallet to thin out the chicken breast.

The kielbasa, liverwurst, sausages etc. I buy are processed, but not in the chemically laden, fraken glued sense. They're made from 100% grass-fed meat and spices, nothing else. I mostly get them from the farm near me, but sometimes here as well:

Paleo Bacon and Sausage - Order Online | US Wellness Meats

https://www.tetonwatersranch.com/products/

I make the sloppy joes and meatballs from scratch with lean ground meat from the farm. For the meatballs, I add some mushrooms I've sautéed with herbs/spices and ground up in the vitamix, then gelatin and eggs to bind the mixture.

Yeah, I suspect it can help given that my DEXA scan showed a 50% improvement in bone mineral density and my teeth remineralized while following Dr. Shanahan's/WAPF's dietary guidelines and also, my alkaline phosphatase level goes down with meat in my diet and becomes elevated without it. My doctor checked and said it was coming from my bones.

Haha! My poor food truck and its identity crisis — it can't seem to decided on what it wants to be. I adapted the recipe from one that we've had in the family for years — the original one calls for ingredients I'm not so keen on like ah-so sauce.

Last edited:

Cirion

I dunno if this helps at all, but I think my diet is kinda like yours, going back and forth and meat and bringing it back again, lately I have found that organ meats are the only meats I can tolerate, and only in limited quantities, and as long as I do that, they seem to be helpful for my health. Liverwurst has been my go to. 4-8 oz seems to be my daily limit even of this though. If I exceed 8 oz I start to run into problems though. I have completely banned muscle meats from my diet for the time being. I also use US wellness meats, a good website!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Cirion — You banned muscle meat because it was dropping your temp or...? What problems do you experience when you exceed 8 oz of liverwurst?

I'm doing okay with meat now — some days I even eat upwards of a pound. All the positives I experienced as a fruitarian haven't changed, even the lack of body odor/not needing deodorant, which I once thought was exclusive to a fruit diet. The only remaining issue I had was not sleeping through the night and I thought meat was the culprit but figured out it was due to me overdoing the B12. I cut way back on the dose and started sleeping soundly through the night again.

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer, your meat supply looks very pure! That's great that you are not limited to feedlot beef!

A sloppy joe in lettuce resembles the Chinese dish, san choi bao. That is something I can relate to! My aunt lived in Hong Kong during the 1970's so she introduced it to me!

I looked up ah-so sauce. I think I read that it is made in New Jersey but sold in New England! It is quite a vivid colour. Your version of the family kielbasa dish sounds like it avoids the glow-in-the-dark chemicals but gets some of the sweetness and colour!

That is great you can tolerate so much meat! You probably won't need b12 supplements with such large serves of meat!

We have been taught that dairy grows bones due to calcium and this makes sense because both dairy and bones are white, but maybe in practice dairy confuses our systems and we can only synthesize bone from meat!

I am experimenting with eating white bread and white rice instead of potato! I thought potato was more natural and wholesome but it has lectins, oxalates and saponins! And of course I was eating about 4 at once boiled in their skins! That may have caused the mouth ulcers... A few more experiments will be required!

White rice is light and compact compared with potatoes and I have discovered that 3 tablespoons of dry uncooked rice becomes about 6 tablespoons cooked, which is enough to serve with my lamb chops!

I am still loving my banana and raspberry smoothies in the mornings and some sultanas later in the day so there is still some colour and fibre in there!

Exciting times!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Yeah, I couldn't bring myself to eat feedlot meat. I'd stick with sustainably caught bivalves as my sole source if humanely raised meat wasn't available. Luckily, being an ex WAPFer, I know a ton of resources for sourcing humane, pastured products.

Oh neat! I just looked up san choi bao and it does resemble sloppy joes in lettuce. I guess it's not so strange after all.

Gotta love red dye #3. The original recipe also calls for maraschino cherries so we get a healthy dose of red dye #40 too. I use dried Bing cherries instead. We seem to have this bizarre love for red dye. We even have dyed hot dogs called red snappers.

Yeah, I'll be sticking with meat/seafood and eggs for b12 once my level is up since I do much better getting my nutrition from food. B supplements always mess with my sleep whether it be insomnia or in the case of B6, nightmares.

Maybe that and/or if a person is intolerant to dairy and doesn't digest it well, it can potentially inflame the gut, causing absorption issues and a weakening of the main calcium regulating tissues — the thyroid and parathyroid glands?

I'm thinking you've also tried boiling or steaming your potatoes without their skins, huh? Lamb chops and rice seems like a satisfying meal, though. Replace the lamb with chicken and you essentially have the bodybuilder's diet. lol

I'm glad you're still able to have your smoothie. Do you ever incorporate the sultanas in your lamb and rice dish? If I'm not mistaken, those three are staples in Middle Eastern cuisine and make up a traditional Afghani dish which also includes carrots.

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

Those food dyes are crazy, but I guess the products made with them are memorable and marketable!

I have started peeling my potatoes to see if that helps reduce lip issues. Potatoes do seem to be more nutritious than rice judging by nutritiondata.com! Actually potatoes resemble fruit in vitamin C, copper and potassium levels!

Talking of sultanas, my mum makes a yummy lamb curry with sultanas, apple, banana, mango chutney, tomato paste and some dried spices. She serves this with plain rice. The recipe came from her aunt who cooked pub meals in the 1960's!

The recipe looks a bit like this:

Sweet Lamb Curry

I have been trialling eating low vitamin A for several weeks by eating red muscle meat, white potatoes, white bread, white rice and minimizing greens, citrus, tomato, carrot, pumpkin, cantaloupe, eggs, dairy, chicken, pork & organs!

However I recently developed an infected fingernail called paronychia! The doctor made an incision which relieved the pressure / throbbing and prescribed 6 days of antibiotics. When I finished them the finger was still a bit numb so the doctor suggested she remove my nail! I begged for a second course of antibiotics and got out with my nail, but I did cut off a bit of nail near the tip which had gone white!

As the mainstream view holds that low vitamin A lowers immunity I have decided to reintroduce leafy greens, mandarins, orange juice, tomatoes, butter and eggs!

Those foods are quite tasty and have a lot of other nutrients besides vitamin A, so I am hoping the issue resolves soon. I am also soaking the finger in salty water for 20 minutes twice a day which is thought to help topically!

Water seems to make the finger go white whereas tiger balm oil keeps the water out and should be antibacterial and antifungal, so I'm not sure which is best! Anyway the numbness is fading so I think things are on the mend!

Maybe the low A diet is only good for those who have taken huge doses of accutane or liver in the past! Their immune systems may become so hyper that they develop autoimmune issues...

So many mysteries!

Have you or someone you know ever had troublesome infections?

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Oh gosh! I'm sorry to hear about your nail, @Richiebogie. I hope it heals up quickly and I'm glad the numbness has already faded.

I've dealt with troublesome infections, yes. I've used Manuka honey UMF 16+ specifically for infections, and Parasite M and Heal All Tea when dealing with the mold and regenerating Bee's gums when he had periodontal disease.

My mum used the Parasite M, Heal All and oregano oil with success when she didn't want to take antibiotics prior to a root canal surgery, and I got a nasty infection out of Cricket's ears with some tea tree in a base of coconut oil.

I noticed Cricket's breathing was labored and that she had some dark wax in her ears so suspecting she had an infection, I applied the mix and for the next three days was cleaning out a black tar-like infection, and her breathing normalized.

I've also used natural substances that contain quinones like aloe vera, clove and peppermint oils, activated charcoal and castor oil packs. Now that you're eating tomatoes again, your beloved ketchup may serve as an antimicrobial since it contains vinegar. :)

Speaking of ketchup, I think the addition of those other foods was a good idea. Besides getting extra nutrients that may be lacking when our diet is restrictive, there's also the joy in eating what we like that I think has its own healing quality.

Yeah, I certainly don't think accutane helps matters. All I can say is I have sympathy for those who were prescribed it and have suffered for it, and even though I don't believe vitamin A naturally occurring in foods is poisonous, I do think we all have our limits with any compound regardless if it comes from natural sources or not.

Thank you so much for the recipe! It looks delicious! I'll try it with chicken and cauliflower rice and see how it turns out. I just need to get some fruit chutney. I can probably find one with red dye so I don't end up deficient in it. :D

Last edited:

tara

Have you or someone you know ever had troublesome infections?
I've had an infection at a nail that I managed to stop with tea tree oil (topical).
I thought of honey too. Even applying straight granulated sucrose has a record for being helpful against some infected wounds.

Richiebogie

Thanks @tara and @Jennifer for your advice.

I used tea-tree once on the finger a few days ago and I might use it again diluted in olive oil.

The salt water soak seems to cause the areas around the nail to go white! Not sure if that is good!

I've also tried tigerbalm which has clove oil amongst other ingredients. It smells sweet and soothing!

I might try honey as a fourth technique, though it sounds quite sticky!

I generally soak or apply something twice a day.

It is good to be back drinking orange juice. I think it is nourishing me! One litre gives me 40% of my (official) vitamin A intake, so that doesn't seem to be too much or too little. (I also get a bit of vitamin A from other sources).

Jennifer, I think you will like that fruity chicken curry! I know it goes well with lamb, which is a very dense meat!

Another sunny day here! I am super happy winter is over! :)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

You're welcome, @Richiebogie! :)

By areas, do you mean the skin around your nail or under the nail itself? If it's the latter, maybe the infection has caused your nail to loosen from its bed and the soak is softening the skin underneath, causing it to appear white?

Nice! OJ is so good! I'm back to enjoying it too, now that it's deep orange again and no longer light yellow — for a while, it was looking like lemonade. Along with the A, there's also the vitamin C to help with overcoming the infection.

I think so, too. I couldn't find a good fruit chutney at the store so I'll have to order it online.

I can imagine! I'm always so thankful when spring arrives. Surprisenly though, I'm excited about the fall and cooler temps. Next to summer, it used to be my favorite season before I fell ill and became dependent on fruit.

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer.

The skin around the nail has peeled off, so I am hoping that the infection is gone and the thumb is healing. I'm not sure if the straight tea tree oil or tiger balm ointment burnt the skin. I am now keeping the area dry. Nail infections are thought to be more common amongst workers and others who wet their hands a lot! I wear a small plastic bag over my hand in the shower and keep my elbow bent so water doesn't get into the bag! I haven't been swimming in a while! :(

Yes I cut off a bit of the nail that went white a week and a half ago. I think that that had come away from the skin. That was about where I had originally picked at the potato eyes!

That was interesting about the black gunk in Cricket's ears. I guess ears are a portal of elimination via ear wax. Does any lymph lead there?

I saw an interesting youtube on farmed Norwegian salmon being the world's most toxic food! This is due to the chemicals they pour in trying to kill sealice, as well as the dry feed pellets containing strange additives and dangerous chemicals from the cheap Baltic fish they can't sell to humans!

Wild salmon is high in fat but the farmed salmon is twice as fatty again! That is where the un-metabolised poisons end up!

I guess many fish including shark, tuna and salmon are carnivores, which is akin to eating cats or dogs! I might stick to prawns and whitebait to avoid those bioamplification issues!

The youtube video had nearly 4 million views since 2017. I feel a bit late to the party!

(Any forum discussing health and diet is like a party to me!!!)

All the best!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Tea tree definitely has the potential to burn skin when used neat, but it would of likely turned red if you had. Before I learned that for skin application it's safest to dilute essential oils in a carrier oil, I used tea tree oil neat on my skin and it felt like fire and left red marks.

That's too bad about not being able to swim. :( Hopefully, the infection clears up soon so you can get back to it and not have the trouble of trying to bathe with your hand covered. I had to do that with my foot when I was little due to an accident and it was such a pain.

Dr. Morse says that lymph makes up 80% of the fluid around each cell and it's the glands in the ear that produce the wax, right? I would think metabolic waste/infections in the head region would use glands in the ear canal as one of its elimination routes.

I think that's a reason why they say larger fish like shark and tuna contain higher levels of mercury. I wish I could say I was surprised about the Norwegian salmon but I've heard so many scary things about farmed fish that I'd rather take my chances with potentially mercury and micro-plastic filled wild seafood. lol

I can understand that. :) I used to feel a similar way about health and diet forums.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Amazoniac! :) I didn't know where else to leave this comment, but I can't see your reply to me (or what @Terma has since posted) on the music thread because the page keeps crashing. This only happens with that thread. I usually only make it to a certain point still being able to see comments and reply when a new page starts, but it crashes after that. I'm thinking it's my iPad. So many songs and posts on there I've missed out on. :( Anyway, I was relieved to see you hadn't burned down. :)

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Update:

I was finally prescribed thyroid! YAY!

Back in September, I had this feeling like something bad was going to happen to me, even told my mum while out with her one day and shortly after, I started having shortness of breath that led to a syncope episode. It was nighttime when my whole body began shaking uncontrollably and I passed out and was rushed to the ER.

The shortness of breath and syncope episodes became a daily occurrence. It had gotten so bad that I couldn't be left home alone – I was alone when an episode happened and family found me on the floor near the fridge. I had crawled to the freezer to get an ice pack to put on my core in hopes of cooling off and staying conscious.

The episodes happened nightly until the end of October. I'd wake from hypnic jerks and rushes of adrenaline/heat rushing from my extremities to my stomach and head, my body shaking uncontrollably, my BP rising to 160s/100s and dropping to the low 80s/50 right before I would lose consciousness — I kept a BP cuff beside me.

I spent the month in and out of hospitals and the doctor's office and was losing weight fast. I stopped looking when the scale at the doctor's office read 94lbs — I was having flashbacks of the time when I fractured and becoming increasingly worried I'd suffer the same fate, especially since the treatment from doctors was the same.

The hospital finally kept me for observation on the last visit. With each visit the same tests were repeated — EKG, echo, chest x-ray, CT scan of head and chest, blood tests, urine tests including 5-HIAA, blood pressure test taken sitting, standing and supine. I was told everything looked perfect and discharged still struggling to breath.

I tried explaining that the episodes happened at night while I was asleep and were likely due to my adrenals pumping out adrenaline because of poor thyroid function, but was told that my thyroid numbers were normal and that there is no connection between the thyroid and adrenals. Instead, they wanted to prescribe me Ativan for "anxiety," but I refused.

I continued to push the thyroid issue with my doctor but despite a positive result for Hashimoto's, she still refused to prescribe me thyroid because my TSH was within range so I brought a ton of thyroid research with me to my next appointment and finally convinced her to prescribe me NDT. I haven't had a single episode since starting it.

Tests also showed that I was deficient in phosphorus. I thought because of my size that 6oz of meat, or 4oz and a couple eggs, per day was plenty, but I did spend 3 years on a fruitarian diet so I guess I have some catching up to do. I'm feeling much better having animal protein at every meal now — at least twice the amount I was getting previously.

Current diet:
  • Crab (king, dungeness and tanner)
  • Clams
  • Sea scallops
  • Pastured eggs
  • Raw Thai coconut water
  • Raw sugarcane juice
  • Fresh pressed melon juice (dino, honeydew and canary varieties)
  • Fresh pressed grape juice (cotton candy variety)
  • Maple butter (whipped maple syrup)
  • Extra light maple syrup
  • Creamed wildflower honey
  • Nettle and horsetail infusions
  • French Celtic sea salt
Current supplements:
  • NDT (WP Thyroid)
  • D3 (NOW Foods)
  • Heal All Tea
  • Nettle and horsetail glycerites

Blossom

Forum Supporter
:D Maybe now I'll heal completely so that I can finally get my tush back out their climbing again. :)
I hope that for you too. It’s been a long and winding road for us both.

It's great that you got the doc to prescribe you thyroid. Glad you're doing better!

It's interesting that, given a similar amount of protein, meat doesn't have as much phosphorus compared to milk.
Nutrition facts for Beef, raw, 97% lean meat / 3% fat, ground, recommended daily values and analysis.
Nutrition facts for Milk, with added vitamin D, 3.25% milkfat, whole, recommended daily values and analysis.
I ran into some problems too when I was using a lot of niacinamide and ingesting a lot of fructose while not eating much meat. After I increased my meat consumption (to 400 grams per day, initially), I felt way better too. Both niacinamide and fructose cause blood phosphorus to fall. I even bought potassium phosphate to test if it was indeed the low phosphorus that was bothering, and it was. Insomnia and being out of breath were the main symptoms for me.

Good thing I didn't try anything with acetic acid back then. It also lowers blood phosphorous :eek:

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks, @Rafael Lao Wai! :)

Thank you for the meat and milk comparison. I compared different protein sources on crono a while back and noticed that meat had less phosphorus than milk. It's interesting that you mention insomnia and being out of breath — after upping my protein intake last week, I started sleeping through the night again and the shortness of breath disappeared. I think what has also helped is cutting out almost all fiber and most fruit — the fruit available to me has been so unripe this past year it actually made my mouth bleed. The only thing I'm finding difficult is gaining back the weight I lost. Do you find you're able to maintain your weight since upping your meat intake and if so, how do you do it? lol I seem to be maintaining my muscle, but lost quite a bit of fat that I couldn't afford to lose.