Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

Inaut

Isn’t the phosphorus bound to calcium in milk? Wouldn’t that have a different effect in the body when compared to phos in meat?

I really don’t know so this is a question out of curiosity more than anything.

Thanks, @Rafael Lao Wai! :)

Thank you for the meat and milk comparison. I compared different protein sources on crono a while back and noticed that meat had less phosphorus than milk. It's interesting that you mention insomnia and being out of breath — after upping my protein intake last week, I started sleeping through the night again and the shortness of breath disappeared. I think what has also helped is cutting out almost all fiber and most fruit — the fruit available to me has been so unripe this past year it actually made my mouth bleed. The only thing I'm finding difficult is gaining back the weight I lost. Do you find you're able to maintain your weight since upping your meat intake and if so, how do you do it? lol I seem to be maintaining my muscle, but lost quite a bit of fat that I couldn't afford to lose.
No problem! Very nice that you're not waking up during the night. When that happens to me, I wake up very tired and moody.

Damn, unripe fruit is rough! A few days ago, I tried to introduce some watermelon to see how I tolerated it. It tried maybe a pound of it at once, and my stomach didn't like it. Had a mildly intense stomachache for an hour or so. And I got constipated on the following day. I think the watermelon may have been slightly unripe, since it wasn't very sweet. The fiber also didn't help.

How much fat are you eating per day? If I eat very low fat( less than 50 grams per day or so), I always lose some body fat, unless I go very high on the sugar( 500 or 600 grams of sugar day). I gained quite a bit of fat due to using cyproheptadine for 10 months straight, so even though I'm eating more fat now( around 100 grams per day), I'm still losing weight, since I stopped the cypro. So I can only maintain my weight with either adequate fat and carb intake, or by going very high carb( which is hard to without refined sugar, both price-wise, as well as volume-wise)

I think that the easiest way to gain fat is by combining fat with sugar. Do you know approximately how many carbs you're ingesting per day? . Perhaps adding some saturated fats( cocoa butter, tallow) may help. I'm afraid coconut oil will make you lose weight instead of gaining, so favoring the long chain fats from cocoa and beef is probably better for the goal of gaining fat. Overeating slightly everyday may be necessary.

A couple of years ago, I experienced too little body fat, and it did make me appreciate the importance of adequate fat stores. When I would sit on a chair, I could literally feel my bones!

Isn’t the phosphorus bound to calcium in milk? Wouldn’t that have a different effect in the body when compared to phos in meat?

I really don’t know so this is a question out of curiosity more than anything.
I don't know either.

Perhaps that promotes the entering of both calcium and phosphorus into the blood stream at about the same time, avoiding the increase in PTH that phosphorus may cause. Just speculation. But wouldn't taking a calcium supplement have about the same effect? Or eating bones?

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

No problem! Very nice that you're not waking up during the night. When that happens to me, I wake up very tired and moody.

Damn, unripe fruit is rough! A few days ago, I tried to introduce some watermelon to see how I tolerated it. It tried maybe a pound of it at once, and my stomach didn't like it. Had a mildly intense stomachache for an hour or so. And I got constipated on the following day. I think the watermelon may have been slightly unripe, since it wasn't very sweet. The fiber also didn't help.

How much fat are you eating per day? If I eat very low fat( less than 50 grams per day or so), I always lose some body fat, unless I go very high on the sugar( 500 or 600 grams of sugar day). I gained quite a bit of fat due to using cyproheptadine for 10 months straight, so even though I'm eating more fat now( around 100 grams per day), I'm still losing weight, since I stopped the cypro. So I can only maintain my weight with either adequate fat and carb intake, or by going very high carb( which is hard to without refined sugar, both price-wise, as well as volume-wise)

I think that the easiest way to gain fat is by combining fat with sugar. Do you know approximately how many carbs you're ingesting per day? . Perhaps adding some saturated fats( cocoa butter, tallow) may help. I'm afraid coconut oil will make you lose weight instead of gaining, so favoring the long chain fats from cocoa and beef is probably better for the goal of gaining fat. Overeating slightly everyday may be necessary.

A couple of years ago, I experienced too little body fat, and it did make me appreciate the importance of adequate fat stores. When I would sit on a chair, I could literally feel my bones!
Ooh...yeah! Watermelon can be rough! It used to give me a stomachache even when it was super sweet. In the fruitarian community, they refer to the ache as melon belly. Some claim it's due to a chromium deficiency. It eventually stopped happening the longer I ate watermelon, but the fiber definitely slowed my digestion. I find truly ripe muskmelon like honeydew, galia, canary, sugar kiss etc. digest like a dream.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I'm getting around 40 grams of fat and 600 grams of carbs per day. I'll try cocoa butter, maybe make some white chocolate. I suspect the NDT has increased my caloric needs since my appetite has increased, so much so that I've been downing obscene amounts of sucanat straight from the bag. I used to do this with brown sugar when I was little. I'm seriously so icky. lol

And yes, too little fat can be painful! When I was severely underweight, it hurt me when I sat too.

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer, how scary not being able to breathe, low blood pressure, fainting and ending up in emergency! I'm glad the thyroid helped! Well done convincing your doctor to try it!

Since my last post, my finger healed. I think draining the area and the first course of antibiotics were enough, but I got spooked by the white skin afterwards thinking it was more pus. Looking back I think it was just some dead skin shedding!

There is a funny ridge of fingernail growing out now. It should reach the tip by about February!!

Some Seventh Day Adventists friends (blue zone) warned me against red meat a few months ago. Apparently after the flood, God commanded Noah not to eat blood, and the early Christians agreed that this commandment should remain!

While that sounded reasonable, after some time I got the mouth ulcers again. Chicken didn't seem to help. I returned to eating on average 50g lamb or beef each day and that seems to have stopped the ulcers. I read that ulcers can be a sign of zinc deficiency so maybe my 50g of lamb or beef is like a zinc supplement!

I will however continue to avoid black pudding and Maasai feasts! Maybe God meant that we should not be cruel to animals and that we should not eat them while they were alive.

I have gone back to eating 25-50g of cheese each day but make sure I get enough magnesium by eating 1kg of bananas or potatoes each day. (Bananas and potatoes are remarkably similar in their nutrient composition!) I haven't had the sore throat and tonsils yet. Not sure if that only comes from drinking milk!

However cheese does make things smelly! I think it is the short chain saturated fatty acid, butyric acid. (Rubbing butter on your skin becomes incredibly smelly as it oxidizes, unlike olive oil or coconut oil). I did read that butyric acid was anti-inflammatory in the digestive tract so I will stick with it for now! Though some might argue that the butyric acid must be made locally by bacteria from resistant starch!

I have found that white chocolate does not cause as much wheezing (8 hours after eating) as dark chocolate, so the caffeine-like substances must be in the cocoa proteins not the cocoa fats! Still I am trying not to overdo it! Chocolate of all types is definitely addictive!

I am also eating some NZ mussels (probably like your clams) and sardines tinned in spring water each week or so! They are (on paper) great sources of selenium and vitamin b12!

I am also eating some canned soup, some rye bread and vegemite (yeast extract), some honey, lemon squash and some ginger beer!

My weight is up in the 77-80kg range, so maybe one of these ideas can help you gain weight.

All the best!

Last edited:
Ooh...yeah! Watermelon can be rough! It used to give me a stomachache even when it was super sweet. In the fruitarian community, they refer to the ache as melon belly. Some claim it's due to a chromium deficiency. It eventually stopped happening the longer I ate watermelon, but the fiber definitely slowed my digestion. I find truly ripe muskmelon like honeydew, galia, canary, sugar kiss etc. digest like a dream.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I'm getting around 40 grams of fat and 600 grams of carbs per day. I'll try cocoa butter, maybe make some white chocolate. I suspect the NDT has increased my caloric needs since my appetite has increased, so much so that I've been downing obscene amounts of sucanat straight from the bag. I used to do this with brown sugar when I was little. I'm seriously so icky. lol

And yes, too little fat can be painful! When I was severely underweight, it hurt me when I sat too.
I saw that watermelon has a lot more fructose than glucose. It may have been that the non- absorbed fructose was fermenting and creating gas for me. The longer one eats free fructose, the better they can absorb it over time, so that may be the reason why you didn't have stomachaches after consuming it for a while. Melons are one of the best fruits for me too, but it's so hard to get ripe melons here. They are always a little green. sadly.

You're welcome!White chocolate seems like a very tasty option, maybe mixed with some extract to make it even more palatable. Increasing your fat intake to 80-100 grams per day may already show some benefits regarding weight gain. Thyroid increased my hunger too when I started using it.

Haha, I did something similar when I was younger. I used to eat those sugary chocolate powders that people like to put in milk.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie! :) Thanks! I almost thought I was a goner this time around.

That's great that your finger healed and the nail is growing back! I can understand getting spooked by the white skin. I'm glad the antibiotic helped. There's a good chance I'm going to be back on one myself.

Carey Reams (RBTI) was a Seventh Day Adventist and my RBTI practitioner had me koshering meat before I ate it — with RBTI you keep kosher so no pork or shellfish either. I only continued to get worse and yet I don't keep kosher now and feel a million times better. Shellfish is the one protein I do really well on, I suspect mainly because it's glycine rich.

I have this little quirk where my mind is always trying to dissect human nature/needs to know why we do what we do, cultural and religious habits and beliefs, and coincidentally, I was doing some research recently and came across a video that mentions the Seventh Day Adventists. Since we're discussing diet and meat in particular, you may find it interesting:

Haha! I'll be avoiding those too! I have a hard enough time stomaching meat — I really wish I didn't feel so well on it. I miss the fruitarian diet. lol Anyway, I like to think that's what God meant — to be a good shepherd, not a cruel master.

Oh great! So no wheezing from the cheese either? That's true that rubbing butter into the skin makes it smelly. I used to make my own butter from raw milk and my hands would smell like cheese after squeezing out the buttermilk.

How funny you're eating white chocolate too. Yes, it's definitely addicting! I looked into it a while back — you're right about the caffeine compounds being in the cocoa solids and not the fat.

Yes, shellfish is an excellent source of selenium and B12. I stopped taking my B12 supplement and stuck with clams instead since they're supposedly one of the highest sources of B12

Take care!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I saw that watermelon has a lot more fructose than glucose. It may have been that the non- absorbed fructose was fermenting and creating gas for me. The longer one eats free fructose, the better they can absorb it over time, so that may be the reason why you didn't have stomachaches after consuming it for a while. Melons are one of the best fruits for me too, but it's so hard to get ripe melons here. They are always a little green. sadly.

You're welcome!White chocolate seems like a very tasty option, maybe mixed with some extract to make it even more palatable. Increasing your fat intake to 80-100 grams per day may already show some benefits regarding weight gain. Thyroid increased my hunger too when I started using it.

Haha, I did something similar when I was younger. I used to eat those sugary chocolate powders that people like to put in milk.
Ah, okay. It could be that! I have a hard time coming across ripe melon too but when I do, I buy cases of them, scoop out the flesh and freeze it. In the summertime, I get them from a produce farm near where I grew up — they grown all kinds of melons. The flesh gets mushy when frozen but I actually like that because it makes it that much easier to juice.

By extract, do you mean vanilla? I add vanilla powder, along with coconut milk powder (to replace the milk) and for sugar I use raw honey and it turns out really well.

Haha! So you outgrew your ickiness? lol I used to do the same thing with those sugary powders! I completely forgot about that. I always preferred fruity flavors so my favorite was strawberry Nesquick.

Ah, okay. It could be that! I have a hard time coming across ripe melon too but when I do, I buy cases of them, scoop out the flesh and freeze it. In the summertime, I get them from a produce farm near where I grew up — they grown all kinds of melons. The flesh gets mushy when frozen but I actually like that because it makes it that much easier to juice.

By extract, do you mean vanilla? I add vanilla powder, along with coconut milk powder (to replace the milk) and for sugar I use raw honey and it turns out really well.

Haha! So you outgrew your ickiness? lol I used to do the same thing with those sugary powders! I completely forgot about that. I always preferred fruity flavors so my favorite was strawberry Nesquick.
I'm usually hesitant about buying things in bulk in case I realized that I feel better when not using them, since I'm always doing experiments with my diet, but when you know that a food is good for you, it makes total sense to get a ton of it when it's good. Thanks for the suggestion. It would be awesome to buy fruit straight from the farm. Have you ever experimented with pectinase enzymes to remove more fiber from the juice? Also, when you juice the mushy melon flesh, do you notice less fiber in the juice?

I'm happy to say I did :)
I used to stuff my face with Toddy. Chewing gum was really nice back then too, I really liked the mint-flavored gums. I would chew it almost all day. That's another thing I don't do anymore.

Yeah, vanilla extract was the main one I had in mind, but I also heard of anise essential oil, which they used to flavor the sugar syrup in the William Brown PUFA-depletion experiment to make it more palatable, but I don't know how well it would mix, taste-wise, with white chocolate.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I'm usually hesitant about buying things in bulk in case I realized that I feel better when not using them, since I'm always doing experiments with my diet, but when you know that a food is good for you, it makes total sense to get a ton of it when it's good. Thanks for the suggestion. It would be awesome to buy fruit straight from the farm. Have you ever experimented with pectinase enzymes to remove more fiber from the juice? Also, when you juice the mushy melon flesh, do you notice less fiber in the juice?

I'm happy to say I did :)
I used to stuff my face with Toddy. Chewing gum was really nice back then too, I really liked the mint-flavored gums. I would chew it almost all day. That's another thing I don't do anymore.

Yeah, vanilla extract was the main one I had in mind, but I also heard of anise essential oil, which they used to flavor the sugar syrup in the William Brown PUFA-depletion experiment to make it more palatable, but I don't know how well it would mix, taste-wise, with white chocolate.
You're welcome! :) Nope, I don't use enzymes. I use a nut milk bag to remove most of the fiber and then paper coffee filters for the remaining pectin/soluble fiber that gets through. I set a paper coffee filter in the opening of a 2L Ball jar and use a rubber band to hold it in place. I usually have to change the filter a few times, but the finished product turns out really clear.

I don't notice less fiber after I've blended it, only prior to blending it, but it's much easier to juice since the majority of the juice has already been released from the fiber due to the cell walls bursting from the freezing process. I can squeeze out most of the remaining juice with my hands or my hydraulic press, but I still have to use the coffee filter for the soluble fiber.

Oh gosh! Me too! I used to chew so much gum that my jaw would ache. I'm surprised I didn't develop a man's jaw from it. lol My favorite was vanilla mint and Juicy Fruit.

Speaking of vanilla mint, I think I'll try adding peppermint to the white chocolate since I really like the combination. White chocolate with anise and other spices (cinnamon, nutmeg etc.) or orange oil might make for yummy combos, too?

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

Thank you for that video! It was quite enlightening. I have actually started attending a local Seventh Day Adventist Church occasionally.

The SDAs do seem to be kind, honest and committed to dietary dogma which of course appeals to me!!

However that video reveals how influential and mainstream their ideas have become. They seem to be the main promoters of veganism that sv3rige has been looking for!

The discovery that veganism was promoted by SDA founder Ellen G White in the 18th century to combat masturbation is interesting. If masturbation is a sign of sickness then veganism might be a good idea. If however masturbation is a sign of health, then this suggests that veganism may also causes infertility, loss of drive / depression, and loss of vitality generally...

I'm not sure if the official SDA message these days is a little meat or no meat. Anyway, every time I cut it out completely something goes wrong! I just have to work out the optimal amounts!!

The Fat Emporer seems to have some good content. He seems to warn against carbs though. Have you seen any good arguments there?

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

You're welcome! :) LOL I'm all for embracing dietary dogma if it makes the person feel empowered and not fearful. Same with religion — if it brings a person peace, I'm all for it. I'm sure the SDAs are lovely people. :)

Well, I'm not sure about a vegan diet that includes grains, legumes and large amounts of PUFAs since my versions were fruit based with coconut as my main fat source, but my libido and hormones were excellent on the diet. I mean, I finally got a menstrual cycle naturally when I switched to fruitarianism, but I know of women where the opposite happened so...

As far as masturbation goes, I obviously can only speak as a woman but it has not been my experience that it equals infertility, loss of drive or depression given that the desire to is oftentimes strongest during ovulation. But I think a distinction needs to be made between the drive induced by excess estrogen and stress hormones and one that isn't.

I think there are good arguments for and against any macro, but they don't necessarily translate in real life which is why I think our own experiences trump other people's theories. I've tried every combination under the sun, have been tested monthly for the past decade since fracturing, and found that my thyroid and other hormones were at their worst on a low carb diet (even saturated fat based) and at their best on the fruitarian diet, and my finally getting a menstrual cycle when I switched to fruitarianism is proof.

I can see carbs being an issue for people who have certain tissue weaknesses, mainly the pancreas, adrenals and thyroid, but we're carbon based beings (which means we're made of stars ;)), and carbohydrates are made up of carbon (and hydrogen and oxygen?) so at the very least, I'd say carbs from natural sources aren't inherently harmful. I personally think carbs are healthy/important for T3 conversion in the liver, for the adrenals etc., and the fact that breast milk contains plenty only confirms their safety for me.

You're welcome! :) Nope, I don't use enzymes. I use a nut milk bag to remove most of the fiber and then paper coffee filters for the remaining pectin/soluble fiber that gets through. I set a paper coffee filter in the opening of a 2L Ball jar and use a rubber band to hold it in place. I usually have to change the filter a few times, but the finished product turns out really clear.

I don't notice less fiber after I've blended it, only prior to blending it, but it's much easier to juice since the majority of the juice has already been released from the fiber due to the cell walls bursting from the freezing process. I can squeeze out most of the remaining juice with my hands or my hydraulic press, but I still have to use the coffee filter for the soluble fiber.

Oh gosh! Me too! I used to chew so much gum that my jaw would ache. I'm surprised I didn't develop a man's jaw from it. lol My favorite was vanilla mint and Juicy Fruit.

Speaking of vanilla mint, I think I'll try adding peppermint to the white chocolate since I really like the combination. White chocolate with anise and other spices (cinnamon, nutmeg etc.) or orange oil might make for yummy combos, too?
Oh I see, so you have a two- step process of filtration there. Very interesting! I was using just a cheese cloth and I was getting a lot of the fiber out, but the juice certainly wasn't clear. I'm gonna try this soon. Thanks for sharing!

When I stopped chewing gum for many months and tried to go back to it, my jaw started making popping sounds. I don't know if chewing gum excessively is what caused it, but sometimes my jaw muscles would get very tired. My lifestyle was really bad growing up, and most of my joints were achy and cracky, so I think the gum may have just worsened what was already developing there. Looking back, I recall what Ray said about low calcium intake and inappropriate calcifications of soft tissue, since my calcium intake was so low, so I think it makes sense.

Cool, I'll try freezing a melon's flesh and see how it goes. I've also used a grater to juice melons. You grate the melon, and then you put the pieces in a cheese cloth and squeeze until it's dry. But it's a lot of work. Squeezing mushy melons or just putting in a blender and then filtering it seems more efficient.

Haha, I think it was the progesterone. It aids in not getting that masculine look when a muscle is developed.

Yeah, try it! I used to eat a bunch of chocolate in a past life, and they had many different varieties for sale. Some would have nutmeg and orange flavors, and I found those very tasty. I've never eaten any with cinnamon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was also good.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Oh I see, so you have a two- step process of filtration there. Very interesting! I was using just a cheese cloth and I was getting a lot of the fiber out, but the juice certainly wasn't clear. I'm gonna try this soon. Thanks for sharing!

When I stopped chewing gum for many months and tried to go back to it, my jaw started making popping sounds. I don't know if chewing gum excessively is what caused it, but sometimes my jaw muscles would get very tired. My lifestyle was really bad growing up, and most of my joints were achy and cracky, so I think the gum may have just worsened what was already developing there. Looking back, I recall what Ray said about low calcium intake and inappropriate calcifications of soft tissue, since my calcium intake was so low, so I think it makes sense.

Cool, I'll try freezing a melon's flesh and see how it goes. I've also used a grater to juice melons. You grate the melon, and then you put the pieces in a cheese cloth and squeeze until it's dry. But it's a lot of work. Squeezing mushy melons or just putting in a blender and then filtering it seems more efficient.

Haha, I think it was the progesterone. It aids in not getting that masculine look when a muscle is developed.

Yeah, try it! I used to eat a bunch of chocolate in a past life, and they had many different varieties for sale. Some would have nutmeg and orange flavors, and I found those very tasty. I've never eaten any with cinnamon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was also good.
You're welcome! I hope it works out well for you! :)

Me too! I first became aware of the cracking in my joints during cheerleading tryouts when I was around 10. I also had a dance teacher correct me for overextending my arms and pointed out my double joints — Ray has mentioned that being a sign of hypothyroidism. I ate well, consumed plenty of calcium rich veggies and dairy growing up, but I can see now that I had poor thyroid/parathyroid function even then.

WOW! You have quite the patience to be juicing your fruit by grating them. That would certainly reduce oxidation. lol I had looked into getting an old Norwalk grinder to use with my hydraulic juice press for that very reason. By reducing oxidation, the juice would stay fresh for days in the fridge, which meant I didn't have to juice daily. It was supposed to be a more affordable version of the present day Norwalk.

Thank you for not saying it was estrogen that aided me in not getting that masculine look. lol

I think cinnamon is used in Mexican chocolate so hopefully it will taste just as good in white chocolate.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Update:

I saw an allergist today for allergy testing. I had mentioned to my doctor that I believed the shortness of breath was digestive related, possibly a bacterial overgrowth, because it comes on within 15 minutes of eating certain foods and is accompanied by gut gurgles and pain so she order an allergy test. The test came back negative for dairy, shellfish, eggs, wheat, soy, green peas, corn, nuts including coconut and coconut water, and honey.

I had an appointment with my GP right after the allergy test and while going over my results, I mentioned to her again about the digestive issues and that I thought an overgrowth was involved and she brought up SIBO testing. I told her I had it done 6 or 7 years ago and it came back negative so out of curiosity, she pulled up my medical chart and saw my SIBO test results and looked at me puzzled and said "You were told you didn't have SIBO?"

I told her how the head of the CHAD department went over my results and told me I didn't have SIBO, but that I had trapped gas in my colon that she couldn't explain and gave me a list of FODMAP foods to avoid. My GP showed me my results and explained how the hydrogen rose to extremely high levels by the second half of the tests — the breath tests were taken every 15 minutes for 4 hours. She said they usually rise early on, but I definitely had SIBO.

I asked her if the delayed rise in hydrogen could have been due to slow digestion because of my poor thyroid function and she said it could have or the bacteria were in the lower part of my intestine. She ended up ordering another SIBO test and said it will probably take up to 6 weeks before I can have it done. I'm not worried since the NDT helped resolve the scariest symptom, but I'm excited for the test so I can hopefully eat more plants again.

I thought for sure I was dealing with an overgrowth back then and was shocked when the test came back negative. It makes total sense that I would end up with one. I was just coming off of refeeding where I had been consuming upwards of 10,000 calories a day for a year and a half and my belly was so bloated — I was carrying around a food baby who I had not so affectionately named FOS.

Unfortunately, I didn't have an understanding of the thyroid and adrenal's involvement in my injury and other ills yet. Instead, I listened to people who claimed miraculous healing by eating insane amounts of food. Lesson learned — I'm not Michael Phelps. Not only did I not "heal my metabolism" or spine, I destroyed my gut and developed a fear of not getting enough calories to heal.

Anyway, no regrets. Had I gotten treatment and was rid of the overgrowth, I'm not sure I would have kept on researching and gained an understanding of the body not only enough to prevent the SIBO from coming back in the future, but possibly keep me out of a nursing home when I'm old. I also would have missed the opportunity to cultivate faith in myself, something I've struggled with.

Last edited:
You're welcome! I hope it works out well for you! :)

Me too! I first became aware of the cracking in my joints during cheerleading tryouts when I was around 10. I also had a dance teacher correct me for overextending my arms and pointed out my double joints — Ray has mentioned that being a sign of hypothyroidism. I ate well, consumed plenty of calcium rich veggies and dairy growing up, but I can see now that I had poor thyroid/parathyroid function even then.

WOW! You have quite the patience to be juicing your fruit by grating them. That would certainly reduce oxidation. lol I had looked into getting an old Norwalk grinder to use with my hydraulic juice press for that very reason. By reducing oxidation, the juice would stay fresh for days in the fridge, which meant I didn't have to juice daily. It was supposed to be a more affordable version of the present day Norwalk.

Thank you for not saying it was estrogen that aided me in not getting that masculine look. lol

I think cinnamon is used in Mexican chocolate so hopefully it will taste just as good in white chocolate.
Thanks!

I went to a doctor around 5 years ago due to tendinitis on my hand, and he said I had "hypermobility", or double joints, in my hands. He didn't really help me at all with anything, I still had tendinitis for many years even after the consultation, but he did point that out to me lol.

Yeah, low thyroid makes you not digest the food well, even if it's nutritious.I'm very sure I had hypothyroidism as a child too. Constipation and multiple allergies, as well as poor digestion overall, are great indications that there is something wrong with thyroid hormone levels, and I always had these. Also, Ray mentioned that some babies look extremely muscular, but it's just water retention and mucin( it's a protein that accumulates in the tissues), not actual muscle, and it happens due to hypothyroidism. It's interesting because, even as a young child, my upper legs were kinda of swolleno_O. They looked muscular in the pictures that I have from that time, but, with all these other symptoms, I think it was low thyroid.

Haha thanks,I don't usually grate my fruit, only sometimes. But it does take a long time when I do. I normally use a blender, it's so much quicker. It would be nice not to have to juice everyday, since sometimes, I would get lazy and would stop doing it for a while. The mess that I make in the kitchen is also a little discouraging. A Norway grinder followed by a press sounds like a good combination.

lol you're welcome. It's pretty sad that so many people nowadays think that estrogen is the female hormone. I don't think I even heard the word "progesterone" mentioned even once during school.

Yeah, there is cinnamon in Mexican chocolate. Cayenne pepper comes to mind as well, but it is a nightshade, if I recall correctly.

Update:

I saw an allergist today for allergy testing. I had mentioned to my doctor that I believed the shortness of breath was digestive related, possibly a bacterial overgrowth, because it comes on within 15 minutes of eating certain foods and is accompanied by gut gurgles and pain so she order an allergy test. The test came back negative for dairy, shellfish, eggs, wheat, soy, green peas, corn, nuts including coconut and coconut water, and honey.

I had an appointment with my GP right after the allergy test and while going over my results, I mentioned to her again about the digestive issues and that I thought an overgrowth was involved and she brought up SIBO testing. I told her I had it done 6 or 7 years ago and it came back negative so out of curiosity, she pulled up my medical chart and saw my SIBO test results and looked at me puzzled and said "You were told you didn't have SIBO?"

I told her how the head of the CHAD department went over my results and told me I didn't have SIBO, but that I had trapped gas in my colon that she couldn't explain and gave me a list of FODMAP foods to avoid. My GP showed me my results and explained how the hydrogen rose to extremely high levels by the second half of the tests — the breath tests were taken every 15 minutes for 4 hours. She said they usually rise early on, but I definitely had SIBO.

I asked her if the delayed rise in hydrogen could have been due to slow digestion because of my poor thyroid function and she said it could have or the bacteria were in the lower part of my intestine. She ended up ordering another SIBO test and said it will probably take up to 6 weeks before I can have it done. I'm not worried since the NDT helped resolve the scariest symptom, but I'm excited for the test so I can hopefully eat more plants again.

I thought for sure I was dealing with an overgrowth back then and was shocked when the test came back negative. It makes total sense that I would end up with one. I was just coming off of refeeding where I had been consuming upwards of 10,000 calories a day for a year and a half and my belly was so bloated — I was carrying around a food baby who I had not so affectionately named FOS.

Unfortunately, I didn't have an understanding of the thyroid and adrenal's involvement in my injury and other ills yet. Instead, I listened to people who claimed miraculous healing by eating insane amounts of food. Lesson learned — I'm not Michael Phelps. Not only did I not "heal my metabolism" or spine, I destroyed my gut and developed a fear of not getting enough calories to heal.

Anyway, no regrets. Had I gotten treatment and was rid of the overgrowth, I'm not sure I would have kept on researching and gained an understanding of the body not only enough to prevent the SIBO from coming back in the future, but possibly keep me out of a nursing home when I'm old. I also would have missed the opportunity to cultivate faith in myself, something I've struggled with.

Great that you managed to get a SIBO test. Hope you succeed in healing it. So sorry the doctors didn't help you earlier:(.

It's interesting that the allergy test showed negative for dairy, since you had problems with dairy after ingesting it, right?

My god, 10000 calories is a LOT.:eek: There is no way to comfortably digest all of that. My stomach would pop if I tried it. I personally think it's very reckless to just tell people to eat and eat until they get well, without accounting for things such as food digestibility, thyroid function, stomach acid production, bowel movements etc, and it may lead to unhealthy habits as well.

That's a great way to view things. I probably wouldn't have even gotten into nutrition if I wasn't ill either. I certainly wouldn't have gotten into alternative medicine and wouldn't have stayed away from the mainstream if it weren't for me trying out the standard methods and failing every time. I don't think I regret it either. Just as you said, unless someone unwittingly lives in a perfect environment all their lives, including when they're old, they will need some knowledge about nutrition to keep themselves away from these "health" institutions. If they don't learn about the importance of the environment and metabolism for human health, then they will have to subject themselves to doctors when they are extremely vulnerable and ill, that is, during old age. Also, very true about trusting oneself. We are told to trust doctors and authorities, when the person we should listen to the most is ourselves. Intuition and experience is what should guide people.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks!

I went to a doctor around 5 years ago due to tendinitis on my hand, and he said I had "hypermobility", or double joints, in my hands. He didn't really help me at all with anything, I still had tendinitis for many years even after the consultation, but he did point that out to me lol.

Yeah, low thyroid makes you not digest the food well, even if it's nutritious.I'm very sure I had hypothyroidism as a child too. Constipation and multiple allergies, as well as poor digestion overall, are great indications that there is something wrong with thyroid hormone levels, and I always had these. Also, Ray mentioned that some babies look extremely muscular, but it's just water retention and mucin( it's a protein that accumulates in the tissues), not actual muscle, and it happens due to hypothyroidism. It's interesting because, even as a young child, my upper legs were kinda of swolleno_O. They looked muscular in the pictures that I have from that time, but, with all these other symptoms, I think it was low thyroid.

Haha thanks,I don't usually grate my fruit, only sometimes. But it does take a long time when I do. I normally use a blender, it's so much quicker. It would be nice not to have to juice everyday, since sometimes, I would get lazy and would stop doing it for a while. The mess that I make in the kitchen is also a little discouraging. A Norway grinder followed by a press sounds like a good combination.

lol you're welcome. It's pretty sad that so many people nowadays think that estrogen is the female hormone. I don't think I even heard the word "progesterone" mentioned even once during school.

Yeah, there is cinnamon in Mexican chocolate. Cayenne pepper comes to mind as well, but it is a nightshade, if I recall correctly.

Great that you managed to get a SIBO test. Hope you succeed in healing it. So sorry the doctors didn't help you earlier:(.

It's interesting that the allergy test showed negative for dairy, since you had problems with dairy after ingesting it, right?

My god, 10000 calories is a LOT.:eek: There is no way to comfortably digest all of that. My stomach would pop if I tried it. I personally think it's very reckless to just tell people to eat and eat until they get well, without accounting for things such as food digestibility, thyroid function, stomach acid production, bowel movements etc, and it may lead to unhealthy habits as well.

That's a great way to view things. I probably wouldn't have even gotten into nutrition if I wasn't ill either. I certainly wouldn't have gotten into alternative medicine and wouldn't have stayed away from the mainstream if it weren't for me trying out the standard methods and failing every time. I don't think I regret it either. Just as you said, unless someone unwittingly lives in a perfect environment all their lives, including when they're old, they will need some knowledge about nutrition to keep themselves away from these "health" institutions. If they don't learn about the importance of the environment and metabolism for human health, then they will have to subject themselves to doctors when they are extremely vulnerable and ill, that is, during old age. Also, very true about trusting oneself. We are told to trust doctors and authorities, when the person we should listen to the most is ourselves. Intuition and experience is what should guide people.
I just finished writing you back and when I went to post it, it disappeared on me. I'll try again tomorrow since it's late.

I just finished writing you back and when I went to post it, it disappeared on me. I'll try again tomorrow since it's late.
That's fine!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Rafael Lao Wai,

I'm sorry to hear the only thing you got from the doctor was the knowledge of your hands' hypermobility. I find it frustrating when you see a doctor for something they are trained to treat and you leave without help.

Huh, that's interesting about infant muscularity and mucin. I need to research that. I struggled with constipation as a baby (formula fed), but I think my muscle development was normal for a dancer and how active I was.

Yeah, the cleanup is my least favorite part. I also prefer to eat my calories so I have even less motivation to juice, however, I can't remember the last time my stomach was this flat and completely free from cramping — minus last night's trial.

It is sad. Even the doctors I've had that specialized in hormones never mentioned progesterone, only estrogen. I finally learned about it, and Dr. John Lee's work, from my RBTI practitioner.

Oh, that's right! Cayenne. My gut is just finally starting to trust me again so that's one I won't be trying anytime soon. lol

Thank you. :) Errors have happened so many times that I usually look over my results just in case, but I didn't have a copy and figured because the doctor was head of the department, that she read the results correctly.

Yeah, it's what I suspected — my issues with dairy are due to bacteria, likely because of poor thyroid and adrenal function and resulting weak peristalsis. Before the NDT, my digestion was so slow that when I took activated charcoal, I was still eliminating it after 3 days.

LOL Go big or go home? Desperation is a great motivator. I was in so much pain from the back injury, struggling to get a menstrual cycle and above a certain weight and doctors weren't helping. I came across a post, by someone whose name I won't mention out of respect to those here who I know believe in her work, that made me think my bones and cycle were dependent on gaining weight. I learned the hard way that wasn't the case — my stint with refeeding ended in the ER.

Going by the examples in her post, it's far too easy IMO to self-diagnose as having an eating disorder. It had me thinking that maybe I had been chronically undereating given my size, lack of period and insatiable appetite. Add to that the claim that most damage in the body heals as weight is restored and I took a shot. I ended up joining her forum where the standard advice was to get some sweatpants and eat whenever we thought of food. Anyway, I totally agree with you.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals