Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I am having similar problems every time I introduce meat back in I also drop my metabolism and gain weight and feel bad, I just feel like meat directly lowers my metabolic rate and I just feel wrong every time, but yet when I go basically fruitarian even though my metabolism seems improved I also get a bit spacey and hungry. But what I do know, is its probably time to go on another week or so protein/fat fast. I just tried again this week to play with meat intake and as-per-usual it just makes me feel horrible. This week has been my worst waking temps in a long time.
I'm really sorry to hear that. :( Feeling spacey and hungry are common complaints among those who have tried the diet. You may have already experimented with the following, but maybe one of these might help:

I know you were wanting to avoid the 4 horsemen but how are you with eggs? If they don't affect you negatively, they might help prevent that spacey feeling while providing you highly bioavailable protein so that less is needed?

Or do you like mushrooms? I make a mushroom broth that makes me sweat. lol I simmer different varieties such as white button and shiitake (is an excellent source of selenium for the thyroid) with herbs, black pepper and sea salt.

There are also heartier fruits like winter squash — kabocha is my favorite but spaghetti is probably the best tolerated. They may provide enough starch to satisfy you without causing issues sometimes experienced with starchier foods.

I used to make a soup that was pretty grounding from celery, carrots (white, yellow and purple), zucchini, sweet corn, heirloom tomatoes, sugar snap peas, baby spinach, sweet onions, garlic, dill, parsley, orange zest, pepper and salt.

Cirion

Thanks! Making a low protein soup with a bunch of salt and some cooked veggies does sound like it could be helpful. Might have to try it.

FWIW, I just looked at my data spreadsheet (Started tracking pulse/wt/temps/food intakes now since march, so starting to get a soli dataset), and decided to look at some 7 day rolling average data (7 day rolling averages seem even more helpful than 3 day averages to bring down the volatility, and gives me more confidence in the results rather than before when I was like oh I feel bad high protein one day which means protein = the devil because of just one day, haha)

But I found this w/ 7 day avgs:

My best week was 123 gram protein 1000 gram carbs (yes 1000 with three zeros) and 28 gram fat. Eating this on average for 7 days resulted in average waking body temp of 98.3F, 82 bpm pulse, and -0.37 lb body weight average (7 days averaged). So, definitely, it seems 125 gram protein is my upper limit, and 30 gram fat or so is my upper limit. It's nice to be able to actually put a # to what seems to be my limits though =)

These metabolic #'s (98.3F and 82 bpm pulse) is just 0.3F and 3 bpm shy of what I'd consider optimal, so I think I'm very, very close to finding out my optimal diet...

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Awesome! I'm glad you have a better idea now of what macro percentages you do best on. :)

Tarmander

Hi @Tarmander! :)

I was doing really well and continuing to improve until I tried adding in other plant foods and because my blood work, blood pressure, temps and other health stats were excellent, I thought I could make it through this past winter without needing Dr. Morse's herbal formulas, but I was wrong. My hair began shedding, my nails were growing ridges and a tooth that had developed a darkened area while taking minocycline during my time Peating, had turned into a cavity. I tried reintroducing animal protein, including dairy, but only got worse so now I'm back on his formulas and mainly fruit and I'm pretty much back to where I was prior to experimenting with my diet.

Interesting. If you don't mind me asking. What other plant food did you try and introduce?

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Interesting. If you don't mind me asking. What other plant food did you try and introduce?
Off the top of my head — broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peas (sugar snap and garden), baby spinach, baby kale, lettuce beyond just a couple ounces (both baby and mature), celery (whole), onions (sweet, white, red and green), garlic, mushrooms (multiple varieties — whole), carrots (white, yellow, orange and purple), baby potatoes (white and red), sweet potatoes (white, orange and purple), at least 6 varieties of winter squash, lentils and beans (both sprouted and unsprouted). For the most part, I tolerated all but the starchy ones prior to my doctor putting me on antibiotics for over a year.

Cirion

For the most part, I tolerated all but the starchy ones prior to my doctor putting me on antibiotics for over a year.

Interesting. I have been reading up some old posts from former forum members here such as Sea and others. Antibiotics seem like for some people can really make a big difference in ability to digest certain foods. What specific antiobiotic, and dosage, did you try? How did you convince him to prescribe it? Sea said for him that super high dose caffeine was even more effective than antibiotics but I think high dose caffeine comes as a double edged sword if you're overweight like me with probably lots of toxins stored in the liver as caffeine is known to force the liver to release stored toxins. I briefly tried this week mega-dose caffeine but it didn't end well for me lol.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Interesting. I have been reading up some old posts from former forum members here such as Sea and others. Antibiotics seem like for some people can really make a big difference in ability to digest certain foods. What specific antiobiotic, and dosage, did you try? How did you convince him to prescribe it? Sea said for him that super high dose caffeine was even more effective than antibiotics but I think high dose caffeine comes as a double edged sword if you're overweight like me with probably lots of toxins stored in the liver as caffeine is known to force the liver to release stored toxins. I briefly tried this week mega-dose caffeine but it didn't end well for me lol.
I started out on neomycin, then erythromycin, and after a bacterial overgrowth was discovered via a comprehensive stool test by Genova Diagnostics, I was put on minocycline (200mg daily) for 6+ months. This was all in an attempt to combat the rash and other allergy symptoms I was experiencing while on dairy. I happened to have the same comprehensive stool test done prior to reintroducing dairy and there was no overgrowth.

What happened when you mega-dosed caffeine? Caffeine overstimulates my adrenals — I experience heart palps and anxiety attacks — so I avoid it.

Last edited:

Cirion

I started out on neomycin, then erythromycin, and after a bacterial overgrowth was discovered via a comprehensive stool test by Genova Diagnostics, I was put on minocycline (200mg daily) for 6+ months. This was all in an attempt to combat the rash and other allergy symptoms I was experiencing while on dairy. I happened to have the same comprehensive stool test done prior to reintroducing dairy and there was no overgrowth.

So even after antibiotics you still can't tolerate milk? Danny Roddy swore by antibiotics helping him with milk. But I guess for some others it doesn't help? I am not sure which type of antibiotic he used. Antibiotics are something I don't really understand, because they seem to help others, not help others, and make some even worse...

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

So even after antibiotics you still can't tolerate milk? Danny Roddy swore by antibiotics helping him with milk. But I guess for some others it doesn't help? I am not sure which type of antibiotic he used. Antibiotics are something I don't really understand, because they seem to help others, not help others, and make some even worse...
Nope, I can't. This last trial with dairy ended just like before. All three antibiotics Ray had suggested I try so it wouldn't surprise me if Danny used one of the cyclines or penicillins. I believe antibiotics worked for him and Sea but unfortunately, much like everything else, it seems highly individual so we're left with trial and error. Mine seem mostly like a comedy of errors (lol), but I've done the best I can given I don't have a medical degree and never had much of an interest in science while growing up. I was mainly into the arts.

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer.

I'm glad your melons, tomatoes and avocados are back in season.

Are you filtering again?

Have your breast swellings resolved?

That's interesting that you are not craving any animal foods. I find a little animal food quenches my hunger! Perhaps it is harder to digest than fruit so it keeps my digestive system busy!

Talking of caffeine, I am trialling zero caffeine at the moment including zero chocolate!!! I seem to wheeze in bed in the morning about 30 hours after drinking tea or coffee. It seems to occur as the caffeine wears off. It is quite uncomfortable and a little scary.

I suspect that once the caffeine is out of my system altogether I won't wheeze at all. When I was in the UK and Europe for 7 months in 1991 I didn't have any asthma. I used to think it was due to different pollen or higher humidity, but now I recall I wasn't drinking tea or coffee or eating much chocolate at that time!

My friend always told me caffeine was good for asthma. However, it might just take away its own withdrawal symptoms! We shall see!

I got a headache the first night after dropping chocolate so I took a tiny piece of chocolate about 2g! That seemed to be enough to take away the withdrawal pains and cravings!

By the way, it's good you're off cauliflower.

With all those melons I'd hate for you to get melon-cauli!!!

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Yep, I began filtering again after dropping the dairy and it really picked up when I started back on the herbs.

Yes, thankfully, when I went to show my doctor where the lump was, it was no longer there.

It's likely because it's summer and I'm wanting more cooling foods. I wouldn't be surprised if I start craving eggs come fall.

I can imagine that's scary! Your experience with caffeine and wheezing is really interesting. I hope your trial works! Did your friend happen to mention how caffeine helps asthma? It seems to me the adrenals would be involved?

Maybe underactive adrenals means not enough neurotransmitters and the anti-inflammatory corticosteroids to dilate and calm spasming and inflamed bronchi? Could coffee be stimulating the adrenals to produce them but at an expense — overstimulating already weakened glands means even more tissue and nervous system weakening?

I would think the thyroid/parathyroid glands are involved since they're the main tissues in charge of calcium utilization and if I remember correctly, calcium plays a vital role in excitatory processes/contraction and relaxation. I'm almost certain Dr. Morse has talked about poor calcium utilization with hypothyroid function causing spastic conditions.

Bronchitis runs in my family as do poor adrenal and thyroid glands. My mum was taking Dr. Morse's lung formula but ran out of it recently and her bronchitis started acting up again. She was waiting to see if she noticed a difference without it before buying more. Like me, she was hoping she didn't need the herbs. lol

Out of curiosity, have you tried drinking a tea made from peppermint leaves? Or ginger? Both are anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory herbs. I'm almost sure they're low in oxalates. I also wonder if bag breathing would help? I mentioned it to my mum — I was hoping it would help not only with her lungs but her migraines, which have also returned since running out of her herbs.

Haha! I'd hate for that too!

Last edited:

Antonello

@Jennifer Very inspiring thread, thanks a lot for the informations. I wonder if you tried raw cheese as a main source of protein and fat, cheese has less tryptophan than milk and I digest it pretty well. Dairy can be allergenic if pasturized so I always make sure is raw, same thing for eggs once you cook them the protein began to denaturate and quail eggs are the best for allergies.
Do you juice all your fruits or you still have fiber in your diet?

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks, @Antonello! :)

I actually have worse allergic reactions to raw dairy, particularly cheese, than I do pasteurized. I think my local farm has quail eggs so I'll pick some up tomorrow and try them raw. Thank you for the suggestions!

I consume mainly whole fruits but I also drink at least a liter of juice daily. I'm really liking pineapple juice lately.

Antonello

Thanks, @Antonello! :)

I actually have worse allergic reactions to raw dairy, particularly cheese, than I do pasteurized. I think my local farm has quail eggs so I'll pick some up tomorrow and try them raw. Thank you for the suggestions!

I consume mainly whole fruits but I also drink at least a liter of juice daily. I'm really liking pineapple juice lately.
Dairy is still a big problem for me especially when my adrenals are weak, I'm starting to see the connection adrenals and fat intake. Have you noticed somenthing similar during your journey?

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Dairy is still a big problem for me especially when my adrenals are weak, I'm starting to see the connection adrenals and fat intake. Have you noticed somenthing similar during your journey?
Sorry, I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly when you say you see a connection with adrenals and fat intake. Do you mean that, along with the strength of your adrenals, fat affects your tolerance to dairy or that you see a connection with the strength of your adrenals and fat intake? I have definitely noticed over the years that when my adrenals are under stress — heart palpitations, anxiety attacks etc. — my digestion is terrible and my allergic reactions to dairy are even worse.

Antonello

Sorry, I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly when you say you see a connection with adrenals and fat intake. Do you mean that, along with the strength of your adrenals, fat affects your tolerance to dairy or that you see a connection with the strength of your adrenals and fat intake? I have definitely noticed over the years that when my adrenals are under stress — heart palpitations, anxiety attacks etc. — my digestion is terrible and my allergic reactions to dairy are even worse.
Yes to both your questions, I can digest dairy when my adrenals are stronger and I can digest only a small per cent of fat when my adrenals are weak.
What source of protein doesn't stop your kidney filtration?

aquaman

Hi @Tarmander! :)

I was doing really well and continuing to improve until I tried adding in other plant foods and because my blood work, blood pressure, temps and other health stats were excellent, I thought I could make it through this past winter without needing Dr. Morse's herbal formulas, but I was wrong. My hair began shedding, my nails were growing ridges and a tooth that had developed a darkened area while taking minocycline during my time Peating, had turned into a cavity. I tried reintroducing animal protein, including dairy, but only got worse so now I'm back on his formulas and mainly fruit and I'm pretty much back to where I was prior to experimenting with my diet.

Have you tried making a veggie broth with tons of greens (not Brassicas) and drinking that for the extra nutrients? I’ve not seen much if your thread, but if you can handle gelatine then you can add that to the warm broth

Also could add potato juice for more easily-digested proteins

aquaman

I recently cut oxalates and am doing much better. Now that I think about it a recurring mouth ulcer hasn’t flared. You could be on to something.

Hey Blossom, I think Ray suggests boiling greens for 10 minutes and drinking the broth, to reduce the oxolates, and I remember hearing about adding some baking soda to further reduce.

I find this incredibly nourishing. Last week I dropped 3 pounds while eating quite a lot (my weight hadn’t fluctuated much after losing 10 pounds recently, so it’s quite a big change) , and noticed from my log I did a lot of this green broth, and then also read something from @olive aboir nutrients being important for fat loss. So I’m loosely tying the two together!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hey Blossom, I think Ray suggests boiling greens for 10 minutes and drinking the broth, to reduce the oxolates, and I remember hearing about adding some baking soda to further reduce.
Thanks, yes I remember Mittir talked about that a lot. The typical Peat diet (even though that doesn’t exist :)) is low oxalate.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Yes to both your questions, I can digest dairy when my adrenals are stronger and I can digest only a small per cent of fat when my adrenals are weak.
What source of protein doesn't stop your kidney filtration?
Okay, gotcha. That makes sense because among other things, the adrenals produce neurotransmitters which affect pancreatic function and its production of enzymes involved in the digestion of fats, carbs and proteins.

I was consuming mainly marine collagen peptides, scallops and eggs with only a slight reduction in sediment and then I added in dairy and my urine went clear within a week — I'm not sure if it was due solely to the dairy or just an inevitable result from too much protein in general. When I switched back to mainly raw fruit and Dr. Morse's herbal tinctures the sediment returned, and the occasional eggs haven't affected it, but I don't know if that's because I'm taking the herbs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals