Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

That's great, @Blossom! :D I'm really glad to hear that!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You have been an inspiration for me as someone who doesn’t give up and listens to your body’s feedback!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of that, @Cirion. I really appreciate it. :)

Do your temps drop with eggs too? So far, I haven't experienced any issues with eggs from hens fed a soy-free diet. I'm not even sure now that my issues were from eating a diet too low in protein but one too low in calcium and other minerals. I now suspect my cravings for celery juice were more than a need for sodium.

I should have continued to have the nettle/horsetail concentrate and celery juice daily like I was doing the first and second year after finding Dr. Morse's work. I probably should have taken his bone or gland formula from the beginning too, but they contain velvet deer antler and I was trying to be ethical.

One thing to keep in mind is that with a good majority of vegans, they typically come to the movement having eaten the standard western diet, and a fruitarian diet by default cuts out most potentially problematic foods, just like a carnivore diet does, so I would expect them to feel better, at least initially.

And that brings up another point — even though some have issues with meat and/or other animal proteins, others like Blossom feel best with ample amounts of it in their diet so I can't say that I believe it's bad or that there aren't people who absolutely need it to thrive. I can't ignore their experiences, you know?

Anyhow, none of that is to say that I don't believe you when you say the 4 horsemen are an issue for you. I believe it and hope the BCAAs work out well for you. You deserve to feel healthy. :)

Cirion

Yeah all animal products tend to cause me problems. Eggs probably even more so than beef. Probably because it is high PUFA. But even beef, the effects become very noticeable with anything more than 8oz a day. The problem is, 8oz of beef is not enough to meet my protein needs as I am quite heavy, with not only a lot of fat but also tons of muscle which need to be fed.

The best day I have had, since tracking data the last 3 months ago, judging by not only pulse and temp (98.6F waking temp and 90 bpm pulse) but also mood (Very motivated, energetic, great mood), corresponded to a vegan stint I did for a month or so. It was the best day I had in a year actually. It is way easier for me to achieve higher temps and pulses on vegan. However, vegan also causes me muscle pains and some hunger also. So that's what I'm trying to solve, via direct amino injection (and avoid the bad 4 ones).

Could you expand more please on celery juice? I am curious because I recall reading something about the sodium in celery being magical somehow in another book I have that I skimmed through but didn't read yet. When I put celery in cronometer, I don't see much sodium? The guy in this book basically said celery juice was almost a miracle product. How much do you have a day?

Yes, almost anything is better than the standard american diet haha.

Thank you, I'm tired of being sick and tired lol

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

You have been an inspiration for me as someone who doesn’t give up and listens to your body’s feedback!
Me as well.
Oh my gosh! Hi Kram! I've wondered how you've been getting on. It's nice to see you here. :)

Thanks guys! I'm glad to know I could provide you some inspiration. :)
Thank you, I’m hopeful that by my 50th I’ll have finally figured how to deal with this unique body of mine.
Haha! Me too! It has taken some time, but I'm finally learning to love it quirks and all.

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

I'm sure your consumption of 8 dates is fine with respect to oxalates. I was eating about 200g at a sitting!

(I didn't mean to worry you about one of your few fruit sources! Hopefully your peaches and melons are ready soon!)

Sultanas are almost as inexpensive here as dates (1kg for $4.40AUD) so I will migrate onto those!

Spinach seems to be the biggest contributor of oxalates, so I will put that in the avoid column, and maybe 2 litres of OJ in a day is too much! I did that last week when I was away from my banana stash!

Yes I seemed to put on more lean mass with 2 boiled eggs in a salad roll than with a 200g piece of chicken! Perhaps I need cholesterol and biotin more than protein, or could it be the wheat flour? (gasp!)

I am feeling around in the dark, but I'm pretty sure I hear the fountain of youth trickling nearby!

Or is that the fountain of mouth ulcers again?

I'll just take a little sip...

;)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Yeah all animal products tend to cause me problems. Eggs probably even more so than beef. Probably because it is high PUFA. But even beef, the effects become very noticeable with anything more than 8oz a day. The problem is, 8oz of beef is not enough to meet my protein needs as I am quite heavy, with not only a lot of fat but also tons of muscle which need to be fed.

The best day I have had, since tracking data the last 3 months ago, judging by not only pulse and temp (98.6F waking temp and 90 bpm pulse) but also mood (Very motivated, energetic, great mood), corresponded to a vegan stint I did for a month or so. It was the best day I had in a year actually. It is way easier for me to achieve higher temps and pulses on vegan. However, vegan also causes me muscle pains and some hunger also. So that's what I'm trying to solve, via direct amino injection (and avoid the bad 4 ones).

Could you expand more please on celery juice? I am curious because I recall reading something about the sodium in celery being magical somehow in another book I have that I skimmed through but didn't read yet. When I put celery in cronometer, I don't see much sodium? The guy in this book basically said celery juice was almost a miracle product. How much do you have a day?

Yes, almost anything is better than the standard american diet haha.

Thank you, I'm tired of being sick and tired lol
Yeah, I can understand that. I recall you being tall — 6'? I was eating 12oz of meat at one point and felt no difference between that and 4oz, but I do feel a difference if I don't get enough fat. I had roughly 3000 calories today but very little fat so I'm currently sitting here with hunger pangs. Have you noticed needing a certain amount of fat and if so, do you think you consumed enough of it during your vegan stint?

Oh, is that the Medical Medium — 16oz of celery juice on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning? I think he claims it contains a special salt that hasn't been discovered by scientists yet that helps rebuild stomach acid or something like that. I picked up the habit while doing RBTI. My practitioner had me juicing one full bunch of it with pineapple for the potassium (for my kidneys) and I still typically juice one bunch.

I found my cravings for veggies/baby lettuces would dissapear after having the celery juice so it seemed to me it was giving me nutrients I needed that I wasn't getting from fruit alone.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Oh that's okay! I don't think I'm sensitive to oxalates. I had over 360g of dates yesterday without any issues. They were plump and gooey so I couldn't resist.

It's amazing how much cheaper dates are there. I pay between $10.03 and $15.78AUD for 1/2kg depending on the quality. Yesterday's medjools were at the higher end, which is why I couldn't resist them. lol

Is the OJ/oranges there sweet? I haven't been able to find truly ripe OJ or oranges for quite some time now so that's why I've been sticking with the pineapple juice. I'm hoping I'll have better luck this summer.

Haha! Well, the wheat does provide protein, and I can see the cholesterol helping with hormone production and thus growth. Maybe the bioavailability of protein from eggs versus chicken is also a factor?

Oh gosh! I hope it's the former fountain and not the latter one. I know how painful they can be. My mum's came back after she reintroduced animal protein but thankfully they've disappeared since starting back on Dr. Morse's herbs.

Cirion

Yeah, I can understand that. I recall you being tall — 6'? I was eating 12oz of meat at one point and felt no difference between that and 4oz, but I do feel a difference if I don't get enough fat. I had roughly 3000 calories today but very little fat so I'm currently sitting here with hunger pangs. Have you noticed needing a certain amount of fat and if so, do you think you consumed enough of it during your vegan stint?

Oh, is that the Medical Medium — 16oz of celery juice on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning? I think he claims it contains a special salt that hasn't been discovered by scientists yet that helps rebuild stomach acid or something like that. I picked up the habit while doing RBTI. My practitioner had me juicing one full bunch of it with pineapple for the potassium (for my kidneys) and I still typically juice one bunch.

I found my cravings for veggies/baby lettuces would dissapear after having the celery juice so it seemed to me it was giving me nutrients I needed that I wasn't getting from fruit alone.

Yeah 6". I'm actually not really having issues with no fat. But it does require a ton of calories, and maybe some starch. Starch seems to meet some of my needs that sucrose does not and I can't make do with JUST sugar/fruit. Are you at a healthy weight? If you're at a healthy weight then you may indeed need more fats. I'm fat, so the way I see it, my body can use its own body fat lol. Also, because I eat so high carb, any fats I truly do need that my body fat stores can't handle, my body can always convert excess carbs to SFA's. My only issues seem to crop up around protein not so much fat. I historically would get strong protein cravings. Sometimes I would eat up to 300 or even 400 gram of protein on a "protein binge day", and then gain a ton of weight and inflammation thanks to all the detrimental amino acids that I consumed. I think I was in what Ray calls basically a protein deficiency despite eating higher protein hence the huge meat cravings. Sometimes I miss fats, and I probably will add them back in one day, but for now, I gotta dump my body fat. It's been sitting around far too long. But doing so while keeping metabolism high.

Yeah medical medium. Maybe I'll try the recipe in the book. I think I may also start using more sodium bicarbonate, instead of salt, since chloride seems unhelpful in large dosages (from salt). Maybe I'm also in a functional sodium deficiency and yet toxic in chloride? Doesn't Morse and Ehret speak disfavorably towards salt? I know Nathan Hatch makes a note that you should probably balance sodium intake between salt and baking soda and he definitely has said chloride is not helpful in large dosages. Keeping in mind, that free-form chlorine is highly anti-thyroid, so when the body breaks the bond between sodium and chloride to utilize the sodium, you could well find yourself in a chlorine toxic situation.

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Yeah 6". I'm actually not really having issues with no fat. But it does require a ton of calories, and maybe some starch. Starch seems to meet some of my needs that sucrose does not and I can't make do with JUST sugar/fruit. Are you at a healthy weight? If you're at a healthy weight then you may indeed need more fats. I'm fat, so the way I see it, my body can use its own body fat lol. Also, because I eat so high carb, any fats I truly do need that my body fat stores can't handle, my body can always convert excess carbs to SFA's. My only issues seem to crop up around protein not so much fat. I historically would get strong protein cravings. Sometimes I would eat up to 300 or even 400 gram of protein on a "protein binge day", and then gain a ton of weight and inflammation thanks to all the detrimental amino acids that I consumed. I think I was in what Ray calls basically a protein deficiency despite eating higher protein hence the huge meat cravings. Sometimes I miss fats, and I probably will add them back in one day, but for now, I gotta dump my body fat. It's been sitting around far too long. But doing so while keeping metabolism high.

Yeah medical medium. Maybe I'll try the recipe in the book. I think I may also start using more sodium bicarbonate, instead of salt, since chloride seems unhelpful in large dosages (from salt). Maybe I'm also in a functional sodium deficiency and yet toxic in chloride? Doesn't Morse and Ehret speak disfavorably towards salt? I know Nathan Hatch makes a note that you should probably balance sodium intake between salt and baking soda and he definitely has said chloride is not helpful in large dosages. Keeping in mind, that free-form chlorine is highly anti-thyroid, so when the body breaks the bond between sodium and chloride to utilize the sodium, you could well find yourself in a chlorine toxic situation.
Okay, gotcha. Yeah, I'm at a healthy weight but I did refeed (more like force-fed) for a year and a half per youreatopia guidelines (I was also inspired by the Minnesota Starvation Experiment, Billy Craig and Matt Stone of 180 Degree Health) right before I started Peating and gained well above my normal weight — I average 99lbs and gained to 145lbs — eating upwards of 10,000 calories a day. Technically, I gained a total of 76lbs from my lowest weight of 69lbs. I lost the extra 46lbs just eating based on appetite. So yeah, I have some experience with weight gain and loss and the concept of "metabolic damage." lol

Wow, that's a lot of protein! Do you know if you have an issue metabolizing it — have you ever had your pancreas, liver and HCl levels checked or did a digestive enzyme test? Or...when you would have these protein binges, was it when you were following keto? If so, could it have been your body needing glucose?

Yeah, Ehret wasn't a fan but Dr. Morse says in more recent videos when asked about salt and their strong cravings for it that a full bodied salt like Celtic sea salt was fine, but that they would still want to fix their adrenal gland weaknesses that were responsible for the salt cravings. Do you react poorly to salt?

I would think if a person has a sodium deficiency (test wise, can show up as an imbalance in sodium and potassium levels on blood work or low systolic blood pressure — below 120) and they aren't eating a sodium deficient diet, they likely have poor adrenal function, with the possibility of it being related to poor thyroid function since they're both the main glands in control of the metabolism/energy production and from my understanding, compensate for each other when one is weak.

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer.

Yes our pitted dates are still AUD$1.60 per 500g, but they are imported from Turkey and Tunisia. They are fairly plain though. I think I got some tasty unpitted medjool dates last month that were slightly more expensive from a supermarket north of the city. They were from Kuwait to coincide with Ramadan.

Do you have any middle eastern communities nearby? They may have a cheap source of dates! Maybe next time you are in a big city!

The US may have import duties on dates to help local growers.
I think our government only helps our banana growers. They do not allow any banana imports at all for quarantine reasons.

How do you do on sultanas and raisins? Are they cheaper where you are? How about dried figs? They are more expensive here at about AUD$4.50 for 375g.

We have a few orange growing regions in Australia, plus we import oranges. This is the brand I buy. It is sweet all year around:

nudie - nothing but

That is AUD $8 for 3 liters.

We have 2 major supermarket chains across Australia, and they buy massive quantities at the cheapest prices. Our poor farmers don't get much for their milk for example.

Do you have any cravings for the seafood you were having for a while?

A guy in Bali put me off mussels and other bivalves when he said that they could not swim away from toxic waters like shrimp, crabs and fish can.

Of course free beings can still make mistakes!

I'd feel better if those shrimp, crabs and fish were members of raypeatforum!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Thank you for the suggestions! There's a middle eastern store in the next town over so I'll see what they have, and I'll also swap out some of the dates for sultanas and raisins — I pay about $4.27AUD for 454g.

I have a hard time digesting dried figs even when soaked so I only consume them in small amounts, but that's okay because I found ripe watermelon, honeydew and canary melons yesterday so I have plenty of fruit to eat.

That Nudie juice looks really good, and it's a good price compared to what I pay. Two of the chain supermarkets here sell 2 liter bottles of fresh pressed OJ for $12.85AUD. The pineapple juice costs $9.97 for 2 liters so not as bad.

No, no more protein craving in general. I only craved it after I reintroduced it so I think what was happening is it was crashing my blood sugar causing me to want more, along with obscene amounts of honey, in an attempt to raise my BS.

I figured out it wasn't the dairy making my skin so soft but the concentrated sugars. I thought it was strange dairy would have that effect since it was always fruit that made my skin soft. Dates, juice and honey make for insanely soft skin. lol

Anyway, just one day back on raw fruits and the next morning, I didn't lose a single strand of hair in the shower. At one point, it had gotten so bad that I even lost a clump of hair from my eyebrows. Thankfully, they have since filled in.

Yeah, I think scallops are one of the only bivalves that can actually swim. They do so by clapping their shell halves together. I knew bivalves filtered but wasn't sure if they stored much toxins so I did a quick search and found this:

Mussels and Clams Can Clean Up Polluted Water

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

Those underwater snails seem to be great for cleaning up pollution. Hopefully they can convert it to safe mussel tissue and expel any lead, cadmium etc as insoluble salts in their little clam droppings... all the same a melon seems much safer!

You are a wiz at converting to Aussie Dollars and metric units! The exchange rate favours $US at the moment so things might seem cheaper here than normal!

It's great you returned to your baseline diet when things went haywire. Dairy seems to cause me sore throats and tonsil issues!

The eggs should provide b12, cholesterol etc. Are you finding it better to have 1 egg at a time but more often or 2 eggs at once but less often?

They provide a different taste sensation from fruit! Both are delicious!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Yeah, and melons are tastier too, but that may just be my addiction talking. Yesterday alone, I bought 21 of them. I came across a few different honeydew varieties and my first ever yellow fleshed watermelon — she's such a beauty, I just about cried. Hehe!

Thanks! Most of the credit goes to Google, though. :)

Me too! Three weeks after reintroducing dairy, my tonsils were inflamed and forming stones. Same with the earache/popping and overall head congestion. I had finally gotten rid of it a year into fruitarianism and Dr. Morse's work. I've been putting some peppermint and coconut oil in my ears and it's helping.

I'll typically have them only once in a day — 1 yolk and 3 whites, scrambled. I actually haven't had any for about a week now. I started craving lettuce, and since Hass avocados are excellent this time of year and the variety of heirloom tomato I like is in season, I've been making lettuce wraps and haven't had a desire for eggs.

In hopes of preventing the bloating and migraines, I've been having fruit for breakfast and lunch and saving the slower to digest wraps for my last meal of the day. It's like an extreme version of food combining. I followed the theory when I first discovered Natural Hygeine/Shelton/Ehret and figured it couldn't hurt to revisit it.

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I just realized I forgot to tag you, @Richiebogie. Sorry about that!

Tarmander

Hey Jennifer, how's it going with Dr. Morse? Been awhile since I checked out your log.

Cirion

I am having similar problems every time I introduce meat back in I also drop my metabolism and gain weight and feel bad, I just feel like meat directly lowers my metabolic rate and I just feel wrong every time, but yet when I go basically fruitarian even though my metabolism seems improved I also get a bit spacey and hungry. But what I do know, is its probably time to go on another week or so protein/fat fast. I just tried again this week to play with meat intake and as-per-usual it just makes me feel horrible. This week has been my worst waking temps in a long time.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Tarmander! :)

I was doing really well and continuing to improve until I tried adding in other plant foods and because my blood work, blood pressure, temps and other health stats were excellent, I thought I could make it through this past winter without needing Dr. Morse's herbal formulas, but I was wrong. My hair began shedding, my nails were growing ridges and a tooth that had developed a darkened area while taking minocycline during my time Peating, had turned into a cavity. I tried reintroducing animal protein, including dairy, but only got worse so now I'm back on his formulas and mainly fruit and I'm pretty much back to where I was prior to experimenting with my diet.

Last edited: