Isotretinoin (accutane)

I have attempted to fix my acne a multitude of ways, but none have worked. I have acne on my face, chest, back and arms. I have peated for a year, and have seen pretty much no results. I have tried diet (keto, peating, varying doses of Vitamin A, eating disgusting oysters and liver...), antiobiotics, topical stuff, etc...everything. Nothing has worked.

I am pretty much getting to the last straw here and am seriously contemplating accutane. I know Peat doesn't like it, and lot's of people say it's pretty much toxic. But I might be willing to sacrifice some years off the end of my life to end this haha.

What do you guys think? Can you convince me one way or the other?
It will lower DHT and then you’ll be in another situation where your skin is clear but now you have low DHT and you need to fix that problem. Better to not add gas to the flames.

leaky gut = acne.. So only easy to digest protein sources. NO dairy, NO gluten. This is a must! Besides this no fried foods. No junk food. I had all types of acne maybe 10 years. I always have best results with basically clean bodybuilding diet = rice, eggs, meat, veggies. lower fat, moderate carbs and moderate protein. No junk, no gluten, dairy etc.. If I eat fried foods like chips or fries. I get oily skin and clogged pores. If I eat big amounts of casein or gluten I get cystic acne! Btw I was on accutane for 8 months. 6 months after I stop. I had acne again. Because I was eating crap all the time... :hattip
Agree on "leaky gut =acne" through own experience. Same ith fried foods - when I go back home to my parents for holidays always feel like ***t, probably because mom uses sunflower oil for cooking - tried co convert her to coconut oil numerous times to no avail. Although I never had problem with gluten for some, dairy for me is a no no - bloating, acne and depressed mood. Have to quit it for good, but occasional pizza and cakes with cream filling is hard to resist. :smug

GorillaHead

It will lower DHT and then you’ll be in another situation where your skin is clear but now you have low DHT and you need to fix that problem. Better to not add gas to the flames.

Accutane lowers Dht? What! And people report they lose hair on it.

Accutane lowers Dht? What! And people report they lose hair on it.
Yes it does. That’s why I keep telling you to get off Finasteride! Not that anyone wants to be bald or have acne but the whole marketing scheme is based off of exploiting our vanity. Also my hair was a lot thicker pre-tane.

GorillaHead

Yes it does. That’s why I keep telling you to get off Finasteride! Not that anyone wants to be bald or have acne but the whole marketing scheme is based off of exploiting our vanity. Also my hair was a lot thicker pre-tane.

I appreciate your concern but I like to understand the mechanism behind this. Like I wonder if it’s related to rise in prolactin. A few guys on anabolic forums reported their prolactin shot up high when they got on fin and then went back to normal. Prolactin def causes diffuse hairloss and it causes lack of libido. Hmm

I appreciate your concern but I like to understand the mechanism behind this. Like I wonder if it’s related to rise in prolactin. A few guys on anabolic forums reported their prolactin shot up high when they got on fin and then went back to normal. Prolactin def causes diffuse hairloss and it causes lack of libido. Hmm
You’d like to understand the mechanism behind accutane or finasteride?

GorillaHead

What exactly is the difference between retinol from food and tretinoin besides strength and half life. I feel as if the effects can signifcantly different and tretinoin itself can be seriously toxic with different effects.

proteome

Forum Supporter
@actually, I don't think they got enough information about your diet.

Protein sources can drastically affect your hormone balance.

A friend of mine went off of whey protein supplementation and saw his acne die, for good, in a matter of a week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals