Is Your Waking Temps Also Suppose To Be 98.6

yoshiesque

lately i been managing to get my temps up to 98.6 as the day goes on. it would typically be by midday,

But the morning temp is terrible, lingering around 96-97. This is the temp upon waking.

Just wondering if 98.6 should be the absolute minimum temperature you see across all readings (morning, midday, evening, night etc)

my temps are under 98.6 when awake, then they eventually get there, and by night fall it drops slightly below.

tara

I don't know what Peat's answer would be to this.
I think Broda Barnes got people to target 97.8 - 98.2 for waking temps while gradually increasing thyroid dose. He said that up to 98.2, endogenous production of thyroid hormones will not be suppressed, and above that it might. I take that as meaning that if you supplementing to get above that temp, you could be setting up a dependency. This (a little above, not a lot) may be OK, if you have a reliable supply of supplement, and nutrition etc to support it.
I'd be happier if I could consistently get mine up to 36.6-36.7 C.

Peat emailed me about this when I asked. Temps rise to 98.6 following circadian rhythm. So they don't start there. Sleeping is cooler than when you are awake.

T

tobieagle

lately i been managing to get my temps up to 98.6 as the day goes on. it would typically be by midday,

But the morning temp is terrible, lingering around 96-97. This is the temp upon waking.

Just wondering if 98.6 should be the absolute minimum temperature you see across all readings (morning, midday, evening, night etc)

my temps are under 98.6 when awake, then they eventually get there, and by night fall it drops slightly below.

Sometimes it's only the method.
How do you measure?

You can try rectally for reference.
It's the fastest and most accurate method.

Rickyman

EWH said if your temps go up throughout the day then you are converting t4 to t3 is there a book or reference for this?

Anyone?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals