Is there a formula for supplementing thyroid?

mostlylurking

Hi,

Can you confirm, the 180mg dose of np. Thats around 225 t4 and 55 t3 ?
I'm thinking of a new brand, interested in your dosing.
Tks
I was on that dose for 5 years, after 9 months of testing/dose increases with my endo, including blood testing about every 6-8 weeks. The dose was lowered to 135mg after taking high dose thiamine for a few months; with the thiamine, my thyroid gland woke up a little evidently so I didn't need as much NP thyroid.

You really can't tell what you may need from what I need.

kimbriel

I was on that dose for 5 years, after 9 months of testing/dose increases with my endo, including blood testing about every 6-8 weeks. The dose was lowered to 135mg after taking high dose thiamine for a few months; with the thiamine, my thyroid gland woke up a little evidently so I didn't need as much NP thyroid.

You really can't tell what you may need from what I need.

That's so interesting! I've heard so many things about different factors that will wake up the thyroid, but so far nothing I've tried has woken up my thyroid in the slightest. Except pharmaceutical T3... picture the sound an Apple computer makes when you boot it up - that's me about 10 minutes after taking T3 sublingually. It's pretty amazing.

mostlylurking

That's so interesting! I've heard so many things about different factors that will wake up the thyroid, but so far nothing I've tried has woken up my thyroid in the slightest. Except pharmaceutical T3... picture the sound an Apple computer makes when you boot it up - that's me about 10 minutes after taking T3 sublingually. It's pretty amazing.
Thyroid supplementation (that includes T3) is a very big deal. I know it gave me my life back years ago.

Thiamine deficiency symptoms and hypothyroid symptoms have some overlap, which makes sense because a deficiency of either will throw a wrench into oxidative metabolism. The liver needs thiamine (and riboflavin) to detox estrogen. If these are not available then liver function becomes compromised so it can't convert T4 into T3 and estrogen levels build up.

Here's an article (or 2) about thiamine and the thyroid:

sweetpeat

Hi,

Can you confirm, the 180mg dose of np. Thats around 225 t4 and 55 t3 ?
I'm thinking of a new brand, interested in your dosing.
Tks
From the NP Thyroid website:
"NP Thyroid® active ingredients are similar from tablet to tablet and include T4 (levothyroxine) and T3 (triiodothyronine). T4 and T3 is found in a 4:1 ratio. 60 mg of NP Thyroid® contains 38 mcg of T4 and 9 mcg of T3."

So 180mg (3 grains) would equal approximately 114mcg t4 and 27mcg t3.

peter88

my wife takes about 1/4 of a cynoplus per day. I am urging her to increase it but she is happy there. She also takes Progest-E at night. The combo has been very good for her. She's post menopausal.
How many grains is 1/4 of a cyno?

mostlylurking

Dr. Peat said one Cynoplus is a little over 2 grains of Armour equivalent.
If you search on line for info about "1 grain of thyroid is 60mg", interesting and very confusing things come up. We're doomed I tell you. There's a whole world out there that are absolutely clueless about things like T4 converting to T3 in the body and is the active form of thyroid hormone. Oh, dear....

Anyhow, the best conversion chart that I found is this one:

Yeah, but Cynoplus doesn't have Calcitonin which I personally think is important
The story about calcitonin being removed by Armour and that's what ruined their product was told by Ray Peat in a radio interview. I don't know really if the calcitonin removal ruined the Armour or if the process they used to remove the calcitonin ruined the Armour. I do know that Armour stopped working for me and the Ray Peat interview confirmed I wasn't imagining things.

My own endo, who I really do believe is very knowledgeable, invited me in 2015 to switch to a synthetic T4 + a synthetic T3 which he used for some of his older patients (I declined). I'm of the school of belief that there's things in the natural desiccated thyroid product that modern medicine has not bothered to look into. I'd rather have the natural product myself. My endo offered the synthetic combo to me before he had had any track record with using NP Thyroid by Acella for his patients. A few years later, he told me joyously that the "NP Thyroid works just like the old Armour did!" He's a big fan of NP Thyroid now.

mostlylurking

Lookit what I just found!! How to find a doctor that will prescribe natural desiccated thyroid!!

youngsinatra

Dr. Peat said one Cynoplus is a little over 2 grains of Armour equivalent.
Interesting. Heard that a couple of time now. B. Barnes and D. Roddy said that 1 grain is 40mcg T4 + 10mcg T3. And that’s also the amount that I find online. So traditionally seen, one cynoplus would contain 3 grains.

Attachments

• CC28FBB7-E6BC-402D-B93A-22034B79B2B8.jpeg
    CC28FBB7-E6BC-402D-B93A-22034B79B2B8.jpeg
    399 KB · Views: 16

TheCodez

You are uninformed.

Uh, no. You are woefully uninformed. As of now, there is no mercury removal product that actually works. Boyd Haley's Emeramide is believed to be the answer, but its approval has been held up by the FDA for over 14 years. The knockoffs are not safe.

The lifetime accumulation of mercury is with you for the duration.
When you say the Emeramide knockoffs aren't safe, are you including the FandaChem product? It has been 3rd party tested numerous times and seems to be pretty pure. I've taken more than a Kg of it and have seen nothing but improvement, but if there's a danger that I'm not aware of I'd sure like to know as I was getting ready to make my next unbelievably expensive purchase.

mostlylurking

When you say the Emeramide knockoffs aren't safe, are you including the FandaChem product? It has been 3rd party tested numerous times and seems to be pretty pure. I've taken more than a Kg of it and have seen nothing but improvement, but if there's a danger that I'm not aware of I'd sure like to know as I was getting ready to make my next unbelievably expensive purchase.
If you go to the link I provided and scroll down a little, the explanation for why the knock offs are unsafe is given. Heavy metals contamination happens very easily in the production of the product evidently. Based on my own personal health journey, it is clear to me that I am highly susceptible to heavy metal poisoning. I've been chelated with EDTA by IV multiple times (well over 100 individual IVs). Evidently, my low thiamine status, probably caused by the mercury poisoning, lowered my body's innate ability to detox heavy metals.

I'm sticking with high dose thiamine hcl. I've had tremendous improvement via the high dose thiamine hcl. For example, I was very low in glutathione for many years; high dose thiamine hcl normalized my glutathione level. I've posted a lot of info about thiamine on the forum.

I am also taking 200mcg selenium + 50mg N-Acetyl Cysteine. The selenium was added about 6 months ago and my blood tests showed improvements noted by both of my doctors. I added the NAC more recently after reading about it in this article:

more about selenium:
"The interaction with selenium is a central feature in mercury toxicity. This interaction is complex depending on a number of features such as the form of mercury, the form of selenium, the organ and dose. The previously suggested "protective effect" of selenium against mercury toxicity may in fact be backwards. The effect of mercury is to produce a selenium deficiency state and a direct inhibition of selenium's role in controlling the intracellular redox environment in organisms. Selenium supplementation, with limitations, may have a beneficial role in restoring adequate selenium status from the deficiency state and mitigating the toxicity of mercury."

other suggested reading:
also:
also this:
https://www.tandfonline.com/cms/10....054-b44ca315f433/03670244.1979.9990540.fp.png (enlarge to read)
also:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals