Is There A Difference Between "dessicated" Liver And Liver Beef?

kiran

Peat has mentioned that dried liver is just corroded meat, and most of the nutrients like say vit A will all be destroyed. It's probably still a good source of copper though.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Peat has mentioned that dried liver is just corroded meat, and most of the nutrients like say vit A will all be destroyed. It's probably still a good source of copper though.
Well that is fortunate, since copper is primarily what I'm taking it for. Do you know if "dessicated" indicates something different than the usual "liver beef powder" though?

Last edited:

LukeL

Why does Ray speak negatively about desiccated liver but positively about desiccated thyroid?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

This dessicated liver product claims to have 5'000 I.U. vitamin a per serving (6 * 500 mg).
Grass Fed Desiccated Beef Liver [180 Capsules]

Apparently, if depends on whether the liver has been freeze dried. Freeze drying has been shown to optimally preserve nutritional content.
The liver beef powder I cited was lyophilized which means immediately freeze dried according to the product description. But what does "dessicated" mean?

denise

The liver beef powder I cited was lyophilized which means immediately freeze dried according to the product description. But what does "dessicated" mean?
Desiccated simply means dried. Any liver in a capsule is desiccated, whether freeze dried or dried some other way.

I recently purchased both the liver and pancreas from this company. I haven't tried the liver yet, but the pancreas has been helping my digestion.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I haven't tried the liver yet, but the pancreas has been helping my digestion.
Can you go into how it is helping your digestion? I have been thinking about ordering.

denise

Can you go into how it is helping your digestion? I have been thinking about ordering.
I don't react to foods as much. Almost no bloating, which is pretty amazing. For about a month now my bowels have been wonky and loose, and they're nearly normal now. I think it may also be helping a bit with blood sugar regulation, but it's too early to say for sure. I've been taking it for only 5 days. I've taken the full amount (6 capsules) every day, and for the first three days I had a persistent headache (which is something the owner says is possible and that you should start slow--but I wanted my digestion to be better more than I wanted that headache to go away!), but the headache is gone now. I'm going to try to hold out 2 weeks before starting the liver because I want to see clearly what the pancreas is doing on its own, but we'll see. I've tried other desiccated liver pills in the past and felt nothing.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I don't react to foods as much. Almost no bloating, which is pretty amazing. For about a month now my bowels have been wonky and loose, and they're nearly normal now. I think it may also be helping a bit with blood sugar regulation, but it's too early to say for sure. I've been taking it for only 5 days. I've taken the full amount (6 capsules) every day, and for the first three days I had a persistent headache (which is something the owner says is possible and that you should start slow--but I wanted my digestion to be better more than I wanted that headache to go away!), but the headache is gone now. I'm going to try to hold out 2 weeks before starting the liver because I want to see clearly what the pancreas is doing on its own, but we'll see. I've tried other desiccated liver pills in the past and felt nothing.
That's fantastic! Thank you for sharing. Please keep us updated. :hattip

Antonello

Hi Denise, just bought that brand of pancreas, how are you doing?

Dave Clark

I contacted Brian from Ancestral Supplements and this was his response asking about the nutrient content in DBL compared to raw liver:
Hey Dave!

There's actually not indication that there is any significant degradation of the nutrient contents when desiccation or freeze drying. Our product is 100% freeze dried, at less extreme temperatures, to preserve biological activity. This means that you get more of the cold and heat sensitive vitamins, minerals and co-factors that make organs / glands so incredibly nourishing.

There is a lengthy but informative podcast from nutrition expert Chris Masterjohn where he addresses this issue. You can find it here. It speaks to the value of both raw and desiccated liver.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns about that. I am here to help!

Brian Johnson, Owner

Ancestral Supplements

If you go to the video, he only talks about liver at the 1:33:00 mark (approximately). Seems like he isn't quite sure himself, and recommends both capsules ans eating liver.

Antonello

I stopped taking it regularly because I no longer needed it, but it was great while I did need it! How is it working for you?
It's giving me some allergy reaction, this raw meat in capsule might contains some bacteria

denise

It's giving me some allergy reaction, this raw meat in capsule might contains some bacteria
I'm sorry to hear that. Did you write to Brian, the owner? He's very responsive and willing to help figure out what might be going on. From what I recall, some people react to some organ supplements at first and have to start very slowly (I seem to recall some very sensitive people starting with a half capsule at a time). I wouldn't immediately jump to bacterial contamination as the cause, though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals