Is Nobody Gonna Point Out The Elephant In The Room? Georgi Dinki Knows It All But He’s Still Fat?

Vileplume

Not sure why you feel it your business to judge other people's weight/fat, or what 20% has to do with it.

This appears to be the currently fashionable dominant discourse.
There is evidence that not everyone is at their healthiest when very lean, nor that trying to force leanness is always a health-promoting approach.
On some studies, it appears that the lowest mortality falls in the so-called 'overweight' range.
When large adipose coincides with health issues, it's often not clear to what extent it is a cause, a symptom, a protective adaptation, or a bystander.
Sometimes people get healthier when they get leaner, and sometimes they don't.

+1

Actually, I think people have a range of set points, and a range of other factors affecting fat mass that are often beyond our control. Not always a healthy 'choice'.

+1
[underline mine]
Being permanently immune to evidence is a mark of dogma.

Maybe you would, I don't know. But I'd guess you would almost certainly feel better if you had less inflamed joints and a recovered back. Being lean does not make people immune to back pain - ask me how I know. I know some health professionals try to fob off patients who want help with health conditions by blaming all their health conditions on their fat. I hope yours aren't doing that.
You can seek tactics to improve your back and your other joints regardless of your weight. It's possible that improved health will result in reduced fat, but that's up to your body.

I don't fare well with dairy ATM. If you don't either, you can leave it out for a bit and try it again another time. I also don't fare well with large amounts of refined sucrose displacing food.
Fruit and milk are among Peat's recommended sources of sugar.

One point to consider is that some research indicate that deliberate attempts at calorie restriction for the purpose of weight or fat loss usual fail. Something 95%+. Quite a few of those failures even when people stick rigorously to restrictive diets.

You have a point.

+1

He doesn't promote extreme leanness, though.

'Overweight' is a loaded term - begs the question. Anyone significantly above their optimal weight/fat may be to some extent less than fully healthy. But what is optimal can vary from person to person. I'm not buying the definition specified by the POO (Panel on Obesity - Olwyn spelled out the conflicts of interest of the members of this panel - eg weightloss industry stakeholders). I think BMI 27 is near the bottom of the BMI - mortality curve in some studies.

+1

+1

Peat and Haidut are not gods.
How about being respectful of them as human beings, and especially because they have generously shared information and thinking with people in a way that has been helpful to many. You don't have to agree with everything they say, just exercise basic politeness.

+1

+1

Great that you've resolved your issues. Not aware that Georgi has your issues, or was seeking advice on them.

I can't help get the feeling that anyone who is certain that it's all simple and obvious probably hasn't understood the complexity of the human body and our diversity.

Which forum advice? There's loads of advice on here from many perspectives, sometimes conflicting. I assume you couldn't have followed it all. If you think you've been following 'the Ray Peat diet', then possibly there's a conceptual issue.

So now you know it had that effect on you.
Of the countries with the highest per-capita milk consumption, not all show particularly large adiposity (eg the Scandinavian countries).

I love this post

Jessie

Yeah I think it's really disturbing someone would troll Georgi like this. He dedicates part of his time to providing this forum which needed information, and he goes out of his way to provide us with high quality supplements.

Besides, I don't think OP knows the difference between dense and fat. Fat people have double chins, beer bellies, and boobies. Georgi doesn't have any of that going on.

Gone Peating

I don’t think Peat started “Peating” until he was up there in age. Before that I think he says he wrecked his health experimenting with different stuff.

Haidut also tanked his health from years of low carb. Haidut doesn’t look unhealthy to me. I’m not sure that hair loss and health are 100% correlated.

Waynish

You're not preventing underage sex trafficking in this economy, so I find these arguments redundant.

Too many shades of grey for you in a 50yo purchasing sex from independent teens in your society? That's what a free market is.

But I was pointing out the fact calling someone a leftist doesn't mean much in this nuanced era we live in.
I didn't call Ray a leftist.

There is no black and white, just a world of grey.

Right, you are clearly a relativist. You couldn't even put your foot down at "sex with children for money" because of "redundancy..." Pathetic!

Waynish

You distorted, cherry-picked and put out of context the Ray viewpoint.

I quoted him word for word - and if you start at that place in the video he says the stronger government control could cause a "rational approach." My comment is straight forward & easy to discuss.

B___Danny

I think criticism is important, especially towards people that have many people following them as a guru. My criticism is that Haidut is he is attatched to Peat's way of seeing the earth. He promotes terrible studies to prove points (especially against high fat diets, which every centarian eats). He doesn't appear or sound healthier than my 75 year old uncle who eats whatever he wants and drinks a ton of wine. My biggest criticism against him is his selling of synthetic drugs and supplements and using this forum as a proxy for his products. I think charlatan is the word, although I may be misusing it.

MatheusPN

You didn't, you put him out of context, then affirmed nonsense, inconsistently implying that he likes strong government control, he says quite the opposite.
"you could still have very strong government control, but if it was rationalized..." IIRC. "a person should be ashamed to use government power"

+1 who loved Tara post!

Last edited:

Waynish

I think criticism is important, especially towards people that have many people following them as a guru. My criticism is that Haidut is he is attatched to Peat's way of seeing the earth. He promotes terrible studies to prove points (especially against high fat diets, which every centarian eats). He doesn't appear or sound healthier than my 75 year old uncle who eats whatever he wants and drinks a ton of wine. My biggest criticism against him is his selling of synthetic drugs and supplements and using this forum as a proxy for his products. I think charlatan is the word, although I may be misusing it.

Go ahead and drink tons of wine and don't use "synthetic substances," but you're implying "synthetic" to mean "bad" and seem to think you don't require any evidence to do so. You have to admit some of these "synthetic" substances are amazing - and if you don't then you're quite daft.

Inaut

I don’t know why this thread was created. We, as insecure humans, look for gurus which is extremely dangerous. Take what you want from Peat and @haidut and leave the rest. They aren’t gods, simply humans with their own set of presuppositions and ideas. When I first found Peat I was a Peat-ite, now not so much. I think he changed my perceptions of what defines health (and I’m thankful) but have given up on the strictly scientific or intellictual approach to ALL things in life. Maybe because I believe in God moreso then before... JMO.

Don’t attack Georgi, just don’t listen to him if you disagree...

Vegancrossfit

He doesn't appear or sound healthier than my 75 year old uncle who eats whatever he wants and drinks a ton of wine.

because happiness and being relaxed is much more important to health than being a neurotic over thinker.

always cracks me up when balding nutrition pseudo experts lecture me on sugar. Look, this right here makes me enjoy my life. You can have chicken and veggies

Ray coughs there, for sure, but more pertinent is his habit of pretending to not hear the question when it is an interesting one. For example, he'll frequently be asked a question by Danny based on a commenter's question, and Ray will say "...hwat?" or will say - after a long pause - "I didn't hear the first part", forcing Danny or Haidut to say it again, while he thinks of an evasive answer. If you ask him anything on race, he's guaranteed not to hear it the first time.

Vileplume

Ray coughs there, for sure, but more pertinent is his habit of pretending to not hear the question when it is an interesting one. For example, he'll frequently be asked a question by Danny based on a commenter's question, and Ray will say "...hwat?" or will say - after a long pause - "I didn't hear the first part", forcing Danny or Haidut to say it again, while he thinks of an evasive answer. If you ask him anything on race, he's guaranteed not to hear it the first time.
Sounds like a lot of assumptions about what’s going on in Ray’s head during interviews. How do you know that’s what he’s doing? And even if it was, the dude retrieves information from a wider mental library of studies than I can possibly imagine. Hell, I can’t even remember if I watched a movie until I’m halfway through, and he whips up detailed and contextualized figures from an abundance of studies he’s read over the years. He’s 84 years old, and his memory is incredibly impressive. I don’t think taking a few seconds to recall that information is a sign of poor function.

Vegancrossfit

Sounds like a lot of assumptions about what’s going on in Ray’s head during interviews. How do you know that’s what he’s doing? And even if it was, the dude retrieves information from a wider mental library of studies than I can possibly imagine. Hell, I can’t even remember if I watched a movie until I’m halfway through, and he whips up detailed and contextualized figures from an abundance of studies he’s read over the years. He’s 84 years old, and his memory is incredibly impressive. I don’t think taking a few seconds to recall that information is a sign of poor function.

people are used to “thinkers” who are in fact master bullshitters and think “quick” of some pseudo convincing argument that will fool the audience. It only works to an extent. Lots of mansplaining in that camp.

people aren’t used to phD ways of thinking which primarily consists in referencing data before spouting a (well constructed) argument.

unfortunately opinions are like butt holes, everybody has one and feels entitled enough to voice it “in my experience” “in my opinion” - nah no one cares.

Brandin

Looks higher than 20% to me

I’m 5’10 210 which is BMI 30 classified as obese and he looks a lot fatter than me

I think dairy is super inflammatory for most people which gives you bloat weight gain, and it’s easy to consume lots of calories from cheese

Combine this with guzzling Pepsi and no wonder.

Don’t see how this is healthy

it also makes him look silly when he keeps saying how “PUFA makes you fat”.... okay, so does that mean he’s eating PUFA sandwiches?
U forgot all the lean peaters have you

Brandin

In my opinion attraction counts alot. I do not think georgi looks that fat. Granted I have mostly seen the upper part of the upper body. He also looks pretty androgenic. I can see the thread starter have zero capacity for empathy tho...

Brandin

Peating is one of the last things you want to do if you’re trying get lean. But being lean isn’t exactly optimal.
its the best if you succed to peat and be lean. Less aromatase and so on. Altough I do agree it can be difficult to get there and peat. I am getting there tho. Lets just state the fact, someone who got bodyfat but has been peating longterm is way healthier then a shredded non peater...

Elast1c

Being fatter is a great advantage in living a long life. I’ve mentioned this many times and have shown numerous studies and Dr. Peat has said a BMI in the high 20s is most healthy.

Good for Georgy. He’s an amazing person, an incredibly sharp mind, and seems very healthy to me.er

I don’t know why this thread was created. We, as insecure humans, look for gurus which is extremely dangerous. Take what you want from Peat and @haidut and leave the rest. They aren’t gods, simply humans with their own set of presuppositions and ideas. When I first found Peat I was a Peat-ite, now not so much. I think he changed my perceptions of what defines health (and I’m thankful) but have given up on the strictly scientific or intellictual approach to ALL things in life. Maybe because I believe in God moreso then before... JMO.

Don’t attack Georgi, just don’t listen to him if you disagree...
A-woot....a-woot woot. GOT MA THEEIISTS INDA-HAAAOUWZE?

Haidut is PHAT alright. God blessem ?

What good is being good looking if you are literally dying? people are SOMETHING ELse doood
??

Kykeon

how i react internally when someone calls georgi fat on the internet.
georgi is peak bear mode, stop hating on the bear of biochemistry

Attachments

• 1000x-1.jpg
    1000x-1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 16

YourUniverse

I think haidut's mental sharpness is the biggest compliment to the lifestyle, he is easily sharper more assertive and more energetic than 99% of people which is what we should be looking for, ideally this at a bodyweight we are comfortable with

Peater

Georgi is just stocky. I think it is still healthier than the skinnyfat body type that is becoming more common. As others have said he crashed his health with a low carb diet and was rescued by a can of "full fat" Coke.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals