Is Nobody Gonna Point Out The Elephant In The Room? Georgi Dinki Knows It All But He’s Still Fat?

"Think for yourself, question authority.” Said one person who yet became a guru for millions. To accept or not someone as a guru is a choice, sound simple, but we, humans, as a social animals are bound for submission and hierarchy. Perception issues, biases and cognitive distortions are what we all plagued with. Even if we are prone for guru worshipping we still have a choice. And allowing someone to worship a guru is an act of accepting human nature. Perceiving some actions as a part of worshiping or not is a choice too.

When my main health problem rare skin disease is flaring up despite every possible measure taken and countless hours spent reading and researching I fall into perceiving this forum as a cult, me being a cultist. But, the important thing I have never ever think about anyone from this forum as a cult leader or guru. It's more like "memeplex", or someone could probably call it egregor. I have even exchanged some PMs with someone saying it's a cult and we are victims. By "cult" I mean phenomena that is better described by memetics. When flare up is gone I realized how many less intense issues are fixed by solutions from this forum. Some of them are still not, yet roadmaps to solve are created by collective thinking on this forum. This forum is a life saver. It gives hope. I appreciate everybody's input. Thank you every one.

About a person in question, Haidut. I haven't found a way to communicate with him. I think he has even blocked me, because I have tried to PM him after with no luck. I could not verify and vouch for every claim he makes, but at least some of his ideas and solution are legit. He in my experience is the only person who was able to solve one of the biggest issues in my health. That study about serotonin and pancreatitis in Russian(!) language made in Kazakhstan (!!) he pointed to has changed my life. Could you imagine how it does feel when every day you know that soon your pancreas is gone and you are dead? Haidut has showed me how to manage it. The doom feeling is gone. It is a relief. My pancreas is so ****88 since my childhood that many gastroenterologists have accused me of being alcoholic after performing ultrasound. No practicing gastroenterologist I ever met knows about serotonin involvement in pancreatitis, Haidut does. It doesn't make me accept him as my guru or believe in all his ideas, with many of them I disagree. It even doesn't make me like him as a person or a way he communicates. It does make me appreciate his solution for my problem. It makes him a valuable source of information to process with critical thinking. I actually forgot to say a big thank you to him for my pancreas.

Thank you @haidut

I have never bought any supplements from idealabs and probably never will. Just to mention. I have no idea how legit they are.

Since the my discovery of this forum I spend pretty much everyday reading it. Many hours daily. I haven't seen Haidut offering weight loss solutions. And he once responded that he eats "pretty much everything" and only avoids beens and something else. So accusing him of being fat is an absurd. Finding a balance between health and enjoying life is a big deal. Being able to eat "pretty much everything" and stay healthy seems reasonable. He never said he is militant calorie counter like others. Like someone from this forum said there is no need to become autistic about your food. I think it was @DaveFoster

Again about judging someones creditability by visual appearance. I had a boxing trainer, old and fat, he will beat ***t out of most of the young and ripped in a a blink of eye. Another trainer of MMA I used to know is a small, fat and round like a wine barrel. He is ex football hooligan. You fight with him you're dead.

I have to confess I haven't read Ray Peat's articles, 2 or 3 maybe, I haven't heard any interview or podcast. I have Ray Peat's books in PDF somewhere, never ever opened. No newsletter too.

michael94

I have to confess I haven't read Ray Peat's articles, 2 or 3 maybe, I haven't heard any interview or podcast. I have Ray Peat's books in PDF somewhere, never ever opened. No newsletter too.
For a long time I never read many articles either. I found the forum first, after googling about thyroid. One article I can really recommend is the one about Alzheimer's as a clue to immortality, I think in two parts.

schultz

I have to confess I haven't read Ray Peat's articles, 2 or 3 maybe, I haven't heard any interview or podcast.

What?! You should read his articles. They are significantly better than perusing the forum.

I am sort of jealous. When a new podcast or newsletter comes out I get really excited, and you have like 200 hours of podcast you haven't listened to. I wish I had that much to listen to :( I've re-listened to many of them (some several times) and surprisingly I still learn new things. Apparently I am not that great at understanding them the first time. I do persevere though!

No one here doubts your intellect, FWIW :):

I appreciate that! We are all learning together.

Max23

What?! You should read his articles. They are significantly better than perusing the forum.

I am sort of jealous. When a new podcast or newsletter comes out I get really excited, and you have like 200 hours of podcast you haven't listened to. I wish I had that much to listen to :( I've re-listened to many of them (some several times) and surprisingly I still learn new things. Apparently I am not that great at understanding them the first time. I do persevere though!

Seems like you have a podcast deficiency. You can go for Joe Rogan. You´ll never run out. But fear a lot. Might be addictive!

DaveFoster

"Think for yourself, question authority.” Said one person who yet became a guru for millions. To accept or not someone as a guru is a choice, sound simple, but we, humans, as a social animals are bound for submission and hierarchy. Perception issues, biases and cognitive distortions are what we all plagued with. Even if we are prone for guru worshipping we still have a choice. And allowing someone to worship a guru is an act of accepting human nature. Perceiving some actions as a part of worshiping or not is a choice too.

When my main health problem rare skin disease is flaring up despite every possible measure taken and countless hours spent reading and researching I fall into perceiving this forum as a cult, me being a cultist. But, the important thing I have never ever think about anyone from this forum as a cult leader or guru. It's more like "memeplex", or someone could probably call it egregor. I have even exchanged some PMs with someone saying it's a cult and we are victims. By "cult" I mean phenomena that is better described by memetics. When flare up is gone I realized how many less intense issues are fixed by solutions from this forum. Some of them are still not, yet roadmaps to solve are created by collective thinking on this forum. This forum is a life saver. It gives hope. I appreciate everybody's input. Thank you every one.

About a person in question, Haidut. I haven't found a way to communicate with him. I think he has even blocked me, because I have tried to PM him after with no luck. I could not verify and vouch for every claim he makes, but at least some of his ideas and solution are legit. He in my experience is the only person who was able to solve one of the biggest issues in my health. That study about serotonin and pancreatitis in Russian(!) language made in Kazakhstan (!!) he pointed to has changed my life. Could you imagine how it does feel when every day you know that soon your pancreas is gone and you are dead? Haidut has showed me how to manage it. The doom feeling is gone. It is a relief. My pancreas is so ****88 since my childhood that many gastroenterologists have accused me of being alcoholic after performing ultrasound. No practicing gastroenterologist I ever met knows about serotonin involvement in pancreatitis, Haidut does. It doesn't make me accept him as my guru or believe in all his ideas, with many of them I disagree. It even doesn't make me like him as a person or a way he communicates. It does make me appreciate his solution for my problem. It makes him a valuable source of information to process with critical thinking. I actually forgot to say a big thank you to him for my pancreas.

Thank you @haidut

I have never bought any supplements from idealabs and probably never will. Just to mention. I have no idea how legit they are.

Since the my discovery of this forum I spend pretty much everyday reading it. Many hours daily. I haven't seen Haidut offering weight loss solutions. And he once responded that he eats "pretty much everything" and only avoids beens and something else. So accusing him of being fat is an absurd. Finding a balance between health and enjoying life is a big deal. Being able to eat "pretty much everything" and stay healthy seems reasonable. He never said he is militant calorie counter like others. Like someone from this forum said there is no need to become autistic about your food. I think it was @DaveFoster

Again about judging someones creditability by visual appearance. I had a boxing trainer, old and fat, he will beat ***t out of most of the young and ripped in a a blink of eye. Another trainer of MMA I used to know is a small, fat and round like a wine barrel. He is ex football hooligan. You fight with him you're dead.

Indeed. Just live your life.

schultz

Seems like you have a podcast deficiency. You can go for Joe Rogan. You´ll never run out. But fear a lot. Might be addictive!

Yah I do have a deficiency. I like to listen to things when I work so I run out of stuff pretty quickly. I forgot about the Rogan podcast, though I have listened to a few of them (probably less than 20). Maybe I should start from the beginning..... There are like 1200 episodes? 3 hours each? Lol. If you have any other recommendations feel free to throw them my way!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I haven't found a way to communicate with him. I think he has even blocked me, because I have tried to PM him after with no luck.
It’s not you. He shut down the private conversation feature in general a while back.

CLASH

The general understanding of calories in/ calories out is severely misguided. Calories in my experience are not the mediators of weight gain, the physiologic effects of current and past food intake in conjunction with endocrine status (which is dependent on multiple factors) are. In conjunction with this, while being fat (not making any references to Georgi here, this is a general statement) may be indicative of a metabolic issue, so may being thin.

The opiate peptides in milk and some of its other components, depending on the individuals context, can induce weight gain by effecting dopamine and steroid pathways, as well as general digestive function.

Pure sucrose, unlike the sugars in fruit, lacks minerals, vitamins and the anti-microbial compounds (polyphenols and other plant compounds) of the fruit. This can have metabolic effects and microbial repercussions in the intestine, in my experience.

Whether Georgi is overweight or not, I dont have any input on that. In general I find his information to be valuable and his supplements to be useful. I tend to take what works for me and leave the rest, perhaps revisiting it at another time.

Peatogenic

When I was lean and had a full head of hair I was anxious and depressed. The heavier I get and the balder I get the better i feel mentally, and I feel hotter, more energetic and resiliant. Let go of that ***t. I love food too much to stick to any diet or any way of eating. I've learnt from my mistakes and as long as I avoid the crap food I'll eat anything, food is too be enjoyed and if you aren't ill then you don't need to micro manage diet bordering on orthorexia. Everyone has a different starting point and history and body type so you can't judge someone on how they look now. Georgi is living life, doing what he can, he's not living in the gym. His mind/knowledge is incredible and he's humble and generous, all healthy traits (whereas starting thread on calling someone out for being fat isn't). I personally think it's refreshing to hear health knowledge from someone normal looking, whose always experimenting, not someone with their top off and flexing. Live life, be healthy, use your body, **** up, eat pizza, smoke a joint occasionally or have a beer, don't nanny it 24/7, make fun memories. When you get older memories of going to the gym all the time, your six pack and eating your RP foods won't nourish your soul or entertain your grand kids.[/QUOT

Experientially, I feel better being lean. I don't really have to do anything to stay lean besides balanced eating and non-inflammatory foods (calories is less a factor). But I also take Pansterone. No physical exercise or working out, besides my somewhat active job.

I've gotten now to where I can adjust my weight at will in either direction. If I want to gain weight, I just start eating inflammatory foods and excess ice cream

Last edited:

Peatogenic

If you want to judge him, then you'd have to meet him. He seems to function OK during the interviews. A man being big and not having abs is just a sign that he isn't a self-obsessed homosexual. If Georgi was taking body pics in his bathroom, then I would never buy a supplement from him. Trying to have a thin waist like a self obsessed woman is terrible for your health. If you're serious about health, then you need to breath properly and allow your belly to expand and relax to do so.

Your understanding of homosexuality is stuck in the 20th century. Lucky for you, dad bods and bears are in.

bistecca

There is so much contempt for being overweight because the unhealthy visceral adiposity patterns are so often conflated with just carrying extra fat. There is nothing inherently wrong with carrying fat, it's an adaptive mechanism. Leanness is not inherently any more advantageous. Being excessively lean is more of a cause for alarm than having subcutaneous fat(unless you're martin berkhan). Bulking up fat stores with saturated fat and fat soluble vitamins is probably a very effective method of diluting the potential effects of any previously accumulated pufa/antimetabolic substances when you eventually go into a prolonged hypocaloric state.

Lean people tend to be healthier then fat people, all things considered and granted they are not too lean

Source. If you're not even going to differentiate between visceral and subcutaneous adiposity you're probably not going anywhere convincing with this line of argument.

Tarmander

Source. If you're not even going to differentiate between visceral and subcutaneous adiposity you're probably not going anywhere convincing with this line of argument.
yeah your right. I don't always have the time to explain everything, and it matters whether your skinny fat. When I said Lean I meant lean muscle. I think you would agree that lean with muscle is healthier then the alternatives all else being equal

Max23

Yah I do have a deficiency. I like to listen to things when I work so I run out of stuff pretty quickly. I forgot about the Rogan podcast, though I have listened to a few of them (probably less than 20). Maybe I should start from the beginning..... There are like 1200 episodes? 3 hours each? Lol. If you have any other recommendations feel free to throw them my way!

I listen a lot myself, because I have bad health and can´t read much. I haven´t listen to all podcasts with Ray Peat, because I get tired of repetition. Very irritading are when listeners call and ask: „So saturated fat is bad and unsaturated fat good? Did I get it correctly?“. With Joe Rogan it is the same, I get really tired of listening to his take on his known stances. I wish there was a button you could push to block those out. I´m afraid the early Joe Rogan might be quite bad. There are some real JRE gems, but it is hard to find them.

I once wanted to create a thread „Non-Peat or Haidut podcast recommendations“. Because a lot of RPF members already have listened to Peat and Haidut podcasts, but struggle to find other quality podcasts.

Another bottomless well is Extreme Health podcast. You can practically learn everything alternative health has to offer. I have found some gems from there as well. I don´d know the overall quality of it though, because I haven´t listened to them randomly. There is also Quax podcast, Matt Stone , Joseph Cohen, Dave Asprey, Russell Brand and Tim Ferriss podcasts. I have listened to a lot of Bill Simmons, but that is mainly for basketball fans. It is hard to find a perfect one, at least I get tired of one person after a while. A lot of the times I listen to a podcast based on guests. Also I „Watch later“ recommened videos on RPF. Sometimes when I hear a reference in a podcast about someone, I search a podcast based on it and listen to another one and get to know that person. I do a lot of it with Joe Rogan.

I also have an audio book of „Remembrance of Earth´s Past“. I have heard it is quite good but haven´t listened to it yet.

Broken man

Not sure what my age has to do with this.
I perceived OP as needlessly disrespectful to Georgi and Peat, and you as supporting this. I meant to encourage basic politeness.
Your point of view. The member that started this thread asked good questions.

Infarouge

Since we are already butchering the sacred cows, I have noticed that Ray has a very shaky voice, almost indicative of a slight parkinson like condition. In his and Georgi's defense, having a perfect physique doesn't somehow demonstrate superior health knowledge. Tons of "healthy-like-a-ox" normies live off PUFA, fast food, cheap booze and sh*ty street drugs like crank. Most of us have seen these people, they just have the right genetics and somehow didn't get hit with one of the common meteors like almagam fillings, thimeresol, or one of the more common afflictions, a mother who was approaching menopause when birthed.

Often the greatest health avatars became so because they were cursed with some serious non elective ailment.

Bushido1

When is the metabolism gonna rev up?

Or does he not practice what he preaches?

or maybe milk is making you fat when everyone has always known that dairy makes people gain weight. Especially when you’re combining it with a diet high in refined sugar

Well, I am glad someone in this forum is awake enough to realized that.

I always wondered why haidut was obese and Ray Peat was suffering from so many issues like stuttering and lost all of his teeth (and many others in this forum after eating tons of sugar). But I remembered haidut mentioning how it was healthy being overweight because of some random reason and I believed. How can I question someone who knows so much about the "mechanisms" of the body and hormones?

I really don't recall anyone anecdotally getting in great shape after starting the Ray Peat diet, even Rob Turner and other workout guys they were already fit before starting this diet and didn't see any objective improvements from it. Also many people in this forum struggle massively with weight loss. Surprise, surprise!

On the other hand, if you look at the physique of any of the low-carb proponents they all look extremely fit and healthy for their age: Mark Sisson, Shawn Baker, Charlene Anderson, Paul Saladino, etc.

In my personal experience I also put some body fat and very little muscle while I was following this diet. I am very disappointed at myself of how long it took me to realize that this diet is unhealthy while all the results people are getting on it clearly point to it. It's good to see people opening their eyes to this reality tho. All the best.

JKX

Well, I am glad someone in this forum is awake enough to realized that.

I always wondered why haidut was obese and Ray Peat was suffering from so many issues like stuttering and lost all of his teeth (and many others in this forum after eating tons of sugar). But I remembered haidut mentioning how it was healthy being overweight because of some random reason and I believed. How can I question someone who knows so much about the "mechanisms" of the body and hormones?

I really don't recall anyone anecdotally getting in great shape after starting the Ray Peat diet, even Rob Turner and other workout guys they were already fit before starting this diet and didn't see any objective improvements from it. Also many people in this forum struggle massively with weight loss. Surprise, surprise!

On the other hand, if you look at the physique of any of the low-carb proponents they all look extremely fit and healthy for their age: Mark Sisson, Shawn Baker, Charlene Anderson, Paul Saladino, etc.

In my personal experience I also put some body fat and very little muscle while I was following this diet. I am very disappointed at myself of how long it took me to realize that this diet is unhealthy while all the results people are getting on it clearly point to it. It's good to see people opening their eyes to this reality tho. All the best.
Some thyroid will shift the weight

YourUniverse

I think the things that kill us, which are unhealthy, shift our system toward catabolism, and Ray's system helps shift the system back toward anabolism. This should result in weight gain especially if there is damage to be undone.

Bushido1

I think the things that kill us, which are unhealthy, shift our system toward catabolism, and Ray's system helps shift the system back toward anabolism. This should result in weight gain especially if there is damage to be undone.

Do you really believe that being overweight is healthy and natural? How many healthy overweight animals do you see in the wild?

Please, take some time and think logically about this, instead of trying to find a seemingly random explanation of why being overweight is good for you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals