Is Nobody Gonna Point Out The Elephant In The Room? Georgi Dinki Knows It All But He’s Still Fat?

YourUniverse

Do you really believe that being overweight is healthy and natural? How many healthy overweight animals do you see in the wild?

Please, take some time and think logically about this, instead of trying to find a seemingly random explanation of why being overweight is good for you.
Quote where I said it is natural and healthy to be overweight.

Bushido1

Some thyroid will shift the weight

Thyroid, really? Has it shifted your weight or the weight of anyone in this forum?

Or is it just something that you have heard from Ray or in some of the Broda Barnes books?

YourUniverse

Thyroid, really? Has it shifted your weight or the weight of anyone in this forum?

Or is it just something that you have heard from Ray or in some of the Broda Barnes books?
A few notable members have taken thyroid and lowered their body weight over a period of time. Schultz is one that comes to mind, there are others.

I'm not sure what your motive is. If the ideas do not work for you, perhaps try establishing clearer context, or try a different brand of milk. Perhaps your goals (purely bodyweight reduction, for example) are not perfectly in line with Ray's.

Whatever the case may be, I apologize that you're having a hard time, but these systems work for many people.

mrchibbs

A few notable members have taken thyroid and lowered their body weight over a period of time. Schultz is one that comes to mind, there are others.

I'm not sure what your motive is. If the ideas do not work for you, perhaps try establishing clearer context, or try a different brand of milk. Perhaps your goals (purely bodyweight reduction, for example) are not perfectly in line with Ray's.

Whatever the case may be, I apologize that you're having a hard time, but these systems work for many people.

They've certainly helped me tremendously!

boris

@rei
The problem is that the standard treatment involves T4 only.
They are actually examples of people both after synthetic thyroid (T4/T3 or T3 only) and NDT.

JKX

I'm good with my weight and health. Thanks for the concern though, its appreciated.

Is there a reason your manner is so combative?

Folks on the forum are generally a helpful bunch who can give you opinions on what has, or has not worked for them. That does not mean that you have to adopt them. I think when someone gains weight eating within the guidelines of things Ray suggests then its generally down to a thyroid related insufficiency of some sort. Although I appreciate for some it can sometimes be an incredibly frustrating thing to implement.

If you feel better adopting a carni diet then by all means do so. Just be aware of the potential drawbacks, as there are with any food choice.

I personally wouldn't hold those folks you quote in such high esteem. Being super chiselled does not directly correlate with being perfectly healthy...and this is the opinion of someone who competed internationally in athletics for 20 years. I may have looked at the peak of health but my body was on the verge of collapse for periods. And that was off the back of 10hrs sleep per night, 5k cals per day and some of the best physio available.

My body fat is higher than it has ever been % wise but I'm probably still a litttle under optimal. I do however feel so much better for it and I certainly do not advocate excessive weight gain. Food intake will always require to be balanced with the ability to use that food for energy. But if someone has been chronically under eating for years, a bit of weight gain is probably to be expected when food intake is normalised and energy production is impaired. The hope would be that the body adjusts given a period of adaptation. If it does not, its logical to me that an intervention such as thyroid should be considered.

Mufasa

Well, I am glad someone in this forum is awake enough to realized that.

I always wondered why haidut was obese and Ray Peat was suffering from so many issues like stuttering and lost all of his teeth (and many others in this forum after eating tons of sugar). But I remembered haidut mentioning how it was healthy being overweight because of some random reason and I believed. How can I question someone who knows so much about the "mechanisms" of the body and hormones?

I really don't recall anyone anecdotally getting in great shape after starting the Ray Peat diet, even Rob Turner and other workout guys they were already fit before starting this diet and didn't see any objective improvements from it. Also many people in this forum struggle massively with weight loss. Surprise, surprise!

On the other hand, if you look at the physique of any of the low-carb proponents they all look extremely fit and healthy for their age: Mark Sisson, Shawn Baker, Charlene Anderson, Paul Saladino, etc.

In my personal experience I also put some body fat and very little muscle while I was following this diet. I am very disappointed at myself of how long it took me to realize that this diet is unhealthy while all the results people are getting on it clearly point to it. It's good to see people opening their eyes to this reality tho. All the best.

I didnt copy Rays or haiduts diet, but I am very inspired by both, and have made incredible progress. I wont go into details, but every time I meet people I havent seen for a long time, they are like, “Oh you look so good. You look so focused and happy! Oh where do you find all this new energy? Or you really out of bed at 7 every day? I dont believe that!”

Wagner83

I didnt copy Rays or haiduts diet, but I am very inspired by both, and have made incredible progress. I wont go into details, but every time I meet people I havent seen for a long time, they are like, “Oh you look so good. You look so focused and happy! Oh where do you find all this new energy? Or you really out of bed at 7 every day? I dont believe that!”
You could update your thread with your current thoughts and latest breakthrough (e.g. about forced boredom, supplements etc...). It's one of the more inspirational threads.

Abcdefgmo

It's quite simple. Haidut drinks lots of soda which is negatively affecting his copper status, leading to iron overload

He classifies himself on the left, doesn't believe in God, has not reproduced, and his dream school in Mexico was undermined by a woman he loved from the CIA! I'll keep it short because I'm not trying to attack Peat but merely get to the truth here.
So True

Jessie

He classifies himself on the left, doesn't believe in God, has not reproduced, and his dream school in Mexico was undermined by a woman he loved from the CIA! I'll keep it short because I'm not trying to attack Peat but merely get to the truth here.

You can be a leftist and a anarchist and still be anti-communist. Just look at Pierre Proudhon, Lysander Spooner, Benjamin Tucker, Voltairine de Cleyre, etc. Even the early anarcho-capitalist movement was leftist in origin (Karl Hess, Samuel Konkin, and Murray Rothbard). Just because you're a leftist doesn't mean you're somehow intrinsically opposed to market organization. The issue that anarchists bring up is capitalism is diametrically opposed to free markets. You can't have a system built on the enforcement of land monopolization, patents/copyrights, and central banking and still call it a "free market" economy. Capitalism is a statist institution that emerged out of feudalism 600-800 years ago.

Of course I'm not pretending to know Ray's exact personal beliefs, but he does call himself an anarchist. I do think his favorable outlook towards figures like Karl Marx and Lennin are a bit troubling. Even if you are pro-communist, there's much better people than Marx and Lennin to advocate for. Like Emma Goldman, Peter Kropotkin, and Max Nettlau for example. Much of the post-left literature is also very communistic.

Waynish

You can be a leftist and a anarchist and still be anti-communist.

I'm clear on that.

Just look at Pierre Proudhon, Lysander Spooner, Benjamin Tucker, Voltairine de Cleyre, etc. Even the early anarcho-capitalist movement was leftist in origin (Karl Hess, Samuel Konkin, and Murray Rothbard). Just because you're a leftist doesn't mean you're somehow intrinsically opposed to market organization. The issue that anarchists bring up is capitalism is diametrically opposed to free markets. You can't have a system built on the enforcement of land monopolization, patents/copyrights, and central banking and still call it a "free market" economy. Capitalism is a statist institution that emerged out of feudalism 600-800 years ago.

OK Mr. Free Market: How do you prevent an underage sex market segment?

YourUniverse

Ray's word selection is ultra precise and the result of a massive library's worth of information on recall within seconds.

The link to the interview was to his coughing? Are you serious?? Have you never had to cough while answering a question? So confusing.

Last edited:

Jessie

I'm clear on that.

OK Mr. Free Market: How do you prevent an underage sex market segment?
You're not preventing underage sex trafficking in this economy, so I find these arguments redundant. But I was pointing out the fact calling someone a leftist doesn't mean much in this nuanced era we live in. There is no black and white, just a world of grey. You make it easier to judge people by polarizing them into some arbitrary camp, rather then exploring their minds. I don't think it's good to do that. But I don't want to totally derail this thread's topic, so I'll stop here.

MatheusPN

You can be a leftist and a anarchist and still be anti-communist. Just look at Pierre Proudhon, Lysander Spooner, Benjamin Tucker, Voltairine de Cleyre, etc. Even the early anarcho-capitalist movement was leftist in origin (Karl Hess, Samuel Konkin, and Murray Rothbard). Just because you're a leftist doesn't mean you're somehow intrinsically opposed to market organization. The issue that anarchists bring up is capitalism is diametrically opposed to free markets. You can't have a system built on the enforcement of land monopolization, patents/copyrights, and central banking and still call it a "free market" economy. Capitalism is a statist institution that emerged out of feudalism 600-800 years ago.

Of course I'm not pretending to know Ray's exact personal beliefs, but he does call himself an anarchist. I do think his favorable outlook towards figures like Karl Marx and Lennin are a bit troubling. Even if you are pro-communist, there's much better people than Marx and Lennin to advocate for. Like Emma Goldman, Peter Kropotkin, and Max Nettlau for example. Much of the post-left literature is also very communistic.
Brilliant, thanks. You made a similar post to what I was going to do! Good that you went more descriptive than I would.
Ancaps generally are very ignorant of Rothbard's early opinions and how he views "anarcho-"capitalism.

I'll keep it short because I'm not trying to attack Peat but merely get to the truth here.

See your first video:
32:42: "Yeah, for example, if you could still have very strong government control..."
You distorted, cherry-picked and put out of context the Ray viewpoint.
Later, Peat quotes Tolstoy "a person should be ashamed to use government power" and then says that Kropotkin and Tolstoy, both anarchists, are his earliest political influences.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals