Ingesting Epsom salt to supply transulfuration pathway

Astolfo

Would it basically work? How many grams (or teaspoons of) I would need, to supply enough amount of sulphate? Also, the epsom salt package I bought have some impurities in it(black and a few pink things, visible to the eye). I get rid of them after solving the salt in water but still worried about it might have impurities that's not visible to the eye.

cedric

There is a better way and quite pleasant -Epsom salt bath.
We can also ingest Kalium Sulphuricum for increasing sulphate in the liver.

Many biothiols increase sulphate level - homocysteine, thiosulphate, NAC, cystine, taurine
" Intracellular H2S is apparently rapidly oxidized to S2O32− (thiosulphate) by mitochondria with the subsequent conversion into SO32− and SO42−. SO32− and SO42− are also produced upon oxidation of H2S by activated neutrophils, where SO32− induced the respiratory burst leading to further H2S oxidation and loss by several endogenous oxidant species elevated during disease processes, such as NO, superoxide, hypochlorite, H2O2 and ONOO−. Furthermore, SO32− readily undergoes hepatic metabolism forming SO42− (see Whiteman et al., 2011). "

somuch4food

It's recommended to bath in the stuff, not ingest it. A bathtub, a foot bath, a spray or a towel wet with an Epsom salt solution would work.

reaching

I read that magnesium chloride is much better for absorption. I get mine derived from the sea. It’s about same as epsom salt.

Angel45

I use the magnesium sulfate lotion everyday. I usually take showers and don't have time for daily baths. The lotion is what a lot of children with autism have used to get sulfate levels up. Kirkman epsom salt cream from amazon.

cedric

If we deliver end product like sulphate we improve the use of cysteine for glutathione adn metallothioneins. Otherwise cysteine (limiting factor for GSH)/taurine/thiosulphate is used for sulphate production to keep healthy glycocalix/sulphation.

Michael Mohn

Transsulfuration pathway involvs cystine and methionine passing a thiol group around. How on earth would epsom salt influence this?

Max23

Don´t ingest the bath salt. There is a special product for oral intake. It is a laxative, available from the pharmacy. I don´t know what it is called in english, from my language it translates as bitter salt. It is used in 5-15 gram doses. I take 15 grams. I like the taste (most don´t) and have a craving for it. It helps normalize the stool, but is not supposed to be absorbed.

Jam

Bitter salt is Magnesium Sulfate.

OP
A

Astolfo

It's recommended to bath in the stuff, not ingest it. A bathtub, a foot bath, a spray or a towel wet with an Epsom salt solution would work.

do skin absorb sulphate ions? I drink it only for the sulphate, I don't need the magnesium actually.

Would it cause any harm if I drink epsom salts daily? Such as increasing hydrogen sulfide creating bacterias.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals