Increased Sebum And Ear Wax With Milk Intake

stackz07

Anyone else experience this? The more milk/dairy I consume the more sebum my scalp creates and the more my ears product thick wax.

olive

Dairy directly increases SREBP-1, the sole mediator for wax synthase. High SREBP-1 increases sebum quantity and viscosity, leading to the increase in sebum you are experiencing. Be careful because this can quickly lead to acne as the thicker sebum has a propensity to clog which gives rise to opportunistic acne bacteria to take hold.
It’s also worth noting that SREBP-1 is linked closely with tumour growth.

OP
S

stackz07

Dairy directly increases SREBP-1, the sole mediator for wax synthase. High SREBP-1 increases sebum quantity and viscosity, leading to the increase in sebum you are experiencing. Be careful because this can quickly lead to acne as the thicker sebum has a propensity to clog which gives rise to opportunistic acne bacteria to take hold.
It’s also worth noting that SREBP-1 is linked closely with tumour growth.

I discovered Peating while looking for help with MPB. Sebum good or bad for hair?

olive

I discovered Peating while looking for help with MPB. Sebum good or bad for hair?
Hard to say. Many things which decrease SREBP-1 increase hair growth but there isn’t any studies that I’ve seen that directly link high SREBP-1 to hair loss.

But dairy increases prolactin via the opioid receptor which is most definitely bad for hair.

D

danishispsychic

I take grapefruit seed extract in water and it makes ears drain. Might work for you.

D

danishispsychic

Well...... not for me. I don't take drugs or medications. I take a D/K2 sublingual and a b12 sublingual sometimes. I take 3-5 drops in water about twice a week. It works beautifully for " gunk " general. My liver enzymes have never been weird . Prob depends on if you are dependent on chemicals?

gaze

good sebum production will prevent wrinkles, but an extreme excess is probably high prolactin. that’s what causes the shiny head of bald people. So try to find a healthy balance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals