How2 Raise Cholesterol?

ravster02

jb116 said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97621/
ravster02 said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97586/ According to the both of you, a person can't attribute their increased levels of vitamin D because of the vitamin D tablets they were taking because there are "too many other variables"

No that is not a good analogy at all. The issue here is that there needs to be a basic idea of causality with food. Now I understand that it is intuitive to think that eating cholesterol leads to higher serum cholesterol by virtue of that cholesterol itself but cholesterol and the whole cholesterol process is not as simple as that. And in fact peat has mentioned Oj several times to increase cholesterol. That is all our point is here: no direct causation, but perhaps systematic causation based on introducing pro-metabolic material.

You seem very knowledgeable. What are your latest labs and what does your cholesterol look like?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jb116

ravster02 said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98071/
jb116 said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97621/
ravster02 said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97586/ According to the both of you, a person can't attribute their increased levels of vitamin D because of the vitamin D tablets they were taking because there are "too many other variables"

No that is not a good analogy at all. The issue here is that there needs to be a basic idea of causality with food. Now I understand that it is intuitive to think that eating cholesterol leads to higher serum cholesterol by virtue of that cholesterol itself but cholesterol and the whole cholesterol process is not as simple as that. And in fact peat has mentioned Oj several times to increase cholesterol. That is all our point is here: no direct causation, but perhaps systematic causation based on introducing pro-metabolic material.

You seem very knowledgeable. What are your latest labs and what does your cholesterol look like?

Up until March of this year I've usually been on the low side, 130-ish. I upped my oj and fruits in general around March and my last results showed 185. So couple of weeks ago I I started NDT since that's not a bad number to start with.

docall18

My cholesterol is also low 136. . Range - 150 -200.

I take plenty of oj and sugar. I also eat eggs regularly.

I take 2.75 grains of dess thyroid a day and my TSH is 0.015. This could be contributing however my free thyroid levels are not over range.

Low Cholesterol can result in low steroid hormones progesterone, pregnenolone, dhea. Mine are all low. So it would be good to get it increased.

J

jb116

docall18 said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98182/ My cholesterol is also low 136. . Range - 150 -200.

I take 2.75 grains of dess thyroid a day and my TSH is 0.015. This could be contributing however my free thyroid levels are not over range.

Low Cholesterol can result in low steroid hormones progesterone, pregnenolone, dhea. Mine are all low. So it would be good to get it increased.

It really depends regarding your steroid production. If one could test at every given point of their cycles one could truly assess how and whether or not your body makes adequate cholesterol and if there is enough, that it just get utilized rapidly. Especially if you've been taking high amounts of thyroid for a while. Your steroids might be fine actually. Do you know if your steroids are actually low?

HDD

Someone with hypothyroidism and low cholesterol, what can their link be there?

RP: Probably eating too much starch. That’s the commonest cause of that pattern. Fructose in particular acts very much like T3. Both glucose and fructose increase the conversion of the inactive thyroxine to the active T3. They do several things to increase the thyroid activity, lowering the stress hormone as well as increasing the active thyroid hormone and the energy provided by both the glucose and the T3 in the liver will give it the energy to produce the cholesterol that is needed if you are eating enough sugar and not producing toxins in the intestines, by eating hard to digest fibrous foods.

Int: So they can replace their starchy carbohydrates with fruit and honey in combination with protein, so it’s not just sugar on it’s own and that would help with their liver, increase thyroid hormone and increase their cholesterol.

RP: Yeah and all of the sugary fruits come with a very high concentration of potassium and other minerals that help to metabolise the sugar in a safe way so you don’t turn it into fat.

docall18

jb116 said:
post 98191
docall18 said:
post 98182 My cholesterol is also low 136. . Range - 150 -200.

It really depends regarding your steroid production. If one could test at every given point of their cycles one could truly assess how and whether or not your body makes adequate cholesterol and if there is enough, that it just get utilized rapidly. Especially if you've been taking high amounts of thyroid for a while. Your steroids might be fine actually. Do you know if your steroids are actually low?

Yes all steroids have been tested and found low.

What cycles are you talking about?

J

jb116

docall18 said:
post 98652
jb116 said:
post 98191
docall18 said:

I just mean the cycle involving production of cholesterol and its utilization by your body, a metabolic
question.
So you have very low TSH but also low hormone levels and you are taking thyroid.
Did you have low TSH due to the thyroid supplementing?
What is your diet like? "Plenty of oj and sugar" meaning what in this case? How much is "plenty" to you?
My guess would be that you may be under nourished with a high running "engine" so to speak.
In addition to your diet details, what supplements other than thyroid do you take?

docall18

jb116 said:
post 98655
docall18 said:
post 98652
jb116 said:
post 98191
docall18 said:

I just mean the cycle involving production of cholesterol and its utilization by your body, a metabolic
question.
So you have very low TSH but also low hormone levels and you are taking thyroid.
What is your diet like? "Plenty of oj and sugar" meaning what in this case? How much is "plenty" to you?
My guess would be that you may be under nourished with a high running "engine" so to speak.
In addition to your diet details, what supplements other than thyroid do you take?

Yes, when i dont take thyroid supps my tSH will increase. I was taking higher doses of thyroid based on other forum recommendations like STTM forum. My TSH was completely suppressed. However I now realise this was too much.

My diet has been quite high sugar recently. Only drink OJ, milk or coke, plus a daily cup of coffee. I add fructose powder to a lot of my drinks. Eat lots of fruit. I do have a fast metabolism, ie: am always warm, sweat more than others, dont put on weight too easily. However I am 92kg, muscular and eat 4000-4500 calories. So I dont think I could be considered undernourished.

J

jb116

docall18 said:
post 98725
jb116 said:
post 98655
docall18 said:
post 98652
jb116 said:
post 98191
docall18 said:

question.

Yes, when i dont take thyroid supps my tSH will increase. I was taking higher doses of thyroid based on other forum recommendations like STTM forum. My TSH was completely suppressed. However I now realise this was too much.

My diet has been quite high sugar recently. Only drink OJ, milk or coke, plus a daily cup of coffee. I add fructose powder to a lot of my drinks. Eat lots of fruit. I do have a fast metabolism, ie: am always warm, sweat more than others, dont put on weight too easily. However I am 92kg, muscular and eat 4000-4500 calories. So I dont think I could be considered undernourished.

ok, how much protein do you get? It sounds like may be you don't get enough of protein so that your body can catch an equilibrium which also includes your thyroid and liver resuming the job of ensuring proper T3/T4 and overall good metabolism. Calories are good, they are a helpful thing to consider but also consider where the calories are coming from. So that "undernourished" would denote the type of nutrition and not just the fact calories are maintained. Couple that with perhaps the large amount of thyroid you take, again this may be about not being able to sustain the system.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals