Why do I still feel lousy with labs like this?

Shrimp

Wondering if I could get some input re: my most recent labs. I have a log on this forum already but it's really long and outdated. I am 27 and female if it matters.

I feel super anxious/weak/out of it/tired pretty much all the time. I can't stand the heat or bright light. My digestion, teeth, skin and sinuses are all messed up. I'd guess that this is what running on stress hormones feels like since I get cold sweats/hot flashes/cold hands and feet when under even minor stress, though my thyroid levels look good I think so I don't know whats going on...When I feel hot, it's never a comfortable, energetic feeling, but more like I'm running a low grade fever. I have panic attacks while doing the most basic things like watching an exciting movie. I just want to feel relaxed; it's like my whole body is constantly (and painfully) tensed up. I live a very limited life right now because of this; I can barely work part-time.

I currently take 2 grains Thiroyd, 7000IU D3/1.5mg K2, 15000IU Vit A every other day, and 500mg Mag Taurate. I split the NDT into 4 doses (8am, 12pm, 4pm, and before bed). I took Progest-E for a while but I think it makes me hot and irritable now. Temps range from 97.8-99.0 but are usually 98.6 or higher, pulse from 80-100. Diet is mostly beef, skinless chicken breasts, cheese, greek yogurt, eggs, butter, OJ (very small amount), cherries, white rice, potatoes, occasional oysters and shrimp. Too much liquid makes me feel worse so I stick to mostly solid food.

Cholesterol, Total: 210 (125-200) H
Triglycerides: 40 (<150)
HDL: 59 (>46)
LDL: 143 (<130) H
VLDL: 8 (<30)
Cholesterol Risk Factor: 3.6 (3.7-6.7) L

Vit D, 25-Hydroxy: 31.3 (30-100 optimum)

TSH: 0.01 (0.35-4.50) L this has always been low since I've started taking NDT years ago
Free T3: 3.46 (2.3-4.2)
Free T4: 1.0 (0.71-1.42)

Prolactin: 18.2 (3-30)

Saliva cortisol:
8am: 8.1 (3.7-9.5)
12pm: 1.6 (1.2-3.0)
4pm: 1.4 (0.6-1.9)
11pm: 0.8 (0.4-1.0)

I also tested positive for Candida IgM antibodies but I am not sure if the test is reliable or even means anything. I've had a lot of lab work over the past few years with no remarkable results.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. My labs look pretty normal to me but maybe I am missing something.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I wonder if you are backed up on T4....in your tissues...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Have you tried the magnesium carbonate? Just wonder if that will help you relax.

sweetpeat

Your prolactin is high by Peat standards; he says under 11 or 12 for females, I think. That suggests that estrogen may be high in tissues, so it's possible you may be estrogen dominant. Do you have any other recent hormone labs (DHEA, pregnenolone, estrogen, progesterone)? It's interesting that your cholesterol would be high with thyroid readings like that. Supplementing thyroid usually brings cholesterol down. Was it super high before?

Cortisol levels are in range, but at the upper end for all times except the noon reading. I think Peat says that when thyroid is good, your cortisol levels don't need to be high. So that matches what you are saying about running on stress hormones.

Is it summer now where you live? Do you ever lower your thyroid dose in the summer? Could be you are driving your metabolism a little too hard.

LucH

Shrimp said:
post 99202 My labs look pretty normal to me but maybe I am missing something
I don't see rT3

Excerpt 1:
Reverse T3 is the result of our body’s need to rid itself of excess T4. The production of reverse T3 is one of the many amazing compensatory mechanisms our body uses in times of stress.

Excerpt 2:
WHAT EXACTLY DOES REVERSE T3 DO? WHAT IS ITS PURPOSE?
Reverse T3 can become somewhat of a “thyroid bully” and will bind itself to thyroid hormone receptor sites, causing more hypothyroid symptoms.

Exerpt 3:
Most astute medical providers will detect subtle lab and clinical observation hints aside from a Reverse T3 value. It is also of crucial importance to know the values of Serum Iron, Ferritin (iron stores), Total Iron Binding Capacity (TIBC), B12, MMA (methyl malonic acid level or B12 stores), TSH, free T3, free T4 and calcitonin levels in addition to rT3.
Even genetic testing, more so now than ever, provides great value (Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms). Yet not all issues are linked solely to methylation and/or the MTHFR genotypes (See Chapter on Thyroid and Methylation) Again, these collectively provide additional and valuable clues.
Other parameters are also necessary: adrenal markers, hormones, neurotransmitters, gastrointestinal health, inflammatory markers, magnesium, vitamin D, selenium, iodine, B vitamins levels and others.

Excerpt 4:
HOW IS REVERSE T3 TREATED?
Functional practitioners treat reverse T3 using a few different approaches. Firstly, we must drain our gutters and downspouts. We do this by eliminating any additional T4 (leaves). This can be done by changing our patient from NDT (Natural Desiccated Thyroid - combination of T4 and T3) to T3 only.
Another approach is to keep our patient on NDT, perhaps lowering the dosage, and adding in more compounded T3 (This changes the typical 80:20 ratio of T4:T3 and provides a higher amount of T3).

Excerpt 5:
THE RT3 CONTROVERSY
The value of reverse T3 (and the ratio) to integrative providers is priceless. But, why isn’t it a common lab most providers order? Most conventional physicians, even endocrinologists assume that most people have no problem with their T4 converting to T3. In fact, I have seen many patients who have never had a free T3 level assessed.
But, when as providers we become more discerning, more vested, we often find “normal” values of TSH, free T4 and perhaps even free T3. [highlight=yellow]A high or high-normal reverse T3 indicates decreased cellular uptake[/highlight], or cellular hypothyroidism. When we dig further, we find that the reverse T3 value may not be elevated, but the RATIO is too low. This is hypothyroidism.
The ratio is everything, really. To calculate your reverse T3 ratio, divide free T3 by the reverse T3 (but they need to be in same measurement). If your ratio is less than 20, you will know why most hypothyroid treatments have worked for many others, but not for you. See www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/rt3-ratio (=> maximum 5 % rt3, note’s editor)
Source:Paige Adams, FNP, B-C
The thyroid madness II - Chapter 11
Moving Forward With Reverse T3 - The Causes and Health Implications
See details ont this doc:

:hattip
LucH

Attachments

• 11. Reverse T3 p 245.docx
    94 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:1 :yeahthat

Mittir

I believe it is all related to weak digestion. I think these tests do not reflect digestive issues.
RP mentioned that serotonin are high in people with IBS type problems.
Is there a way to measure total blood serotonin?

It is not easy to pick foods which do not cause problem.
It took me long time to figure out problematic foods.
I always add new food or supplement one at a time to observe
how body reacts to it. I feel really hypo if i eat starch in more than one meal a day.
I have minor problem when i eat starch for lunch and a small amount of starch for dinner
causes serious problem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals